Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 19:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!
If u shift at those RPMs u will end up launching a missile and never reach 4th gear in bangalore traffic.
Old 28th February 2010, 20:04   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Congrats!
If u shift at those RPMs u will end up launching a missile and never reach 4th gear in bangalore traffic.
Kpzen, I totally agree with you. But that is where all the fun is. I hardly ever get to 4th gear but there is always a grin on my face when I am driving the car. And the best part is that I am still getting an FE of around 13 Kmpl in the city with AC.

I keep thinking to do a proper photo shoot but haven't got around to it yet. However, here is one snap I took at the entrance of my house. But please excuse if the car looks a little dirty since I had just come back from the office when I took the snap. More snaps will follow in a few days.

Last edited by GTO : 16th April 2010 at 14:22. Reason: Please refer to our rules. It is imperative for you to upload pictures to the Team-BHP server. Corrected
Old 9th October 2010, 03:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

it looks like the few days have translated into a few months!! cjokes apart, can you also please let us know about the FE and interior parts quality after 6 months of driving?
Old 9th October 2010, 22:52   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
it looks like the few days have translated into a few months!! cjokes apart, can you also please let us know about the FE and interior parts quality after 6 months of driving?
You are right. Due to lot of other activities taking up higher priority, I have been unable to post any pictures or information till now. I also was not able to take the car on any long drives till now other than my trip from Bangalore to Chennai and back during my 1st month of ownership.

I have completed my 2nd servicing in May. After that, the fuel efficiency has marginally improved. I am now getting around 14-15 KMPL in the city with AC on all the time. Yet to try out the highway FE after 2nd service. Hopefully will get a chance to drive to Chennai in January. Will post the results then.

Regarding interior plastics, everything remains as good as new. Fortunately, the infamous 'rattle' issue has not afflicted my car till now. Hopefully it should remain that way.

Overall, I still have the same level of enjoyment every time I drive the car. Absolutely no cause for regret till date. If I have to list some negatives, I guess I would mention the body roll when driving on bad roads and A/C taking at least 30 mins to cool the entire cabin during summer. But to me, neither of these issues are deal breakers. I would any day recommend this car to anyone looking for a luxury hatchback.
Old 27th October 2010, 19:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvj1976 View Post
You are right. Due to lot of other activities taking up higher priority, I have been unable to post any pictures or information till now.
I have completed my 2nd servicing in May. After that, the fuel efficiency has marginally improved. I am now getting around 14-15 KMPL in the city with AC on all the time. Yet to try out the highway FE after 2nd service. Hopefully will get a chance to drive to Chennai in January. Will post the results then.

Regarding interior plastics, everything remains as good as new. Fortunately, the infamous 'rattle' issue has not afflicted my car till now. Hopefully it should remain that way.

Overall, I still have the same level of enjoyment every time I drive the car. Absolutely no cause for regret till date. If I have to list some negatives, I guess I would mention the body roll when driving on bad roads and A/C taking at least 30 mins to cool the entire cabin during summer. But to me, neither of these issues are deal breakers. I would any day recommend this car to anyone looking for a luxury hatchback.
Thanks for the information, I have booked a few test drives for this week to occupy myself during the holidays. Surprisingly, the first ones to respond were Fiat for the Grande Punto, Hyundai was next for the i20 and Maruti havent called yet for the SX4. I know its a weird list and not really comparable, but those are the cars that I would like to have a look at. I think the i20 is edging ahead due to the a**, FE and the fact that its a diesel. its going to be difficult to drive a SX4 around in Pune traffic. More on that sob story later, perhaps early next month!
I had read on some other posts that the rattling is mainly due to loose items in the glove box. Do you think a sun curtain will help the cabin stay cooler? I do remember reading somewhere that the glove box xooler is actually a joke. I will try to get some more info on these points during my test drive.
Old 6th November 2010, 10:24   #36

Quote:
Thanks for the information, I have booked a few test drives for this week to occupy myself during the holidays. Surprisingly, the first ones to respond were Fiat for the Grande Punto, Hyundai was next for the i20 and Maruti havent called yet for the SX4. I know its a weird list and not really comparable, but those are the cars that I would like to have a look at. I think the i20 is edging ahead due to the a**, FE and the fact that its a diesel. its going to be difficult to drive a SX4 around in Pune traffic. More on that sob story later, perhaps early next month!
I had read on some other posts that the rattling is mainly due to loose items in the glove box. Do you think a sun curtain will help the cabin stay cooler? I do remember reading somewhere that the glove box xooler is actually a joke. I will try to get some more info on these points during my test drive.
Hope that by now you would have had a chance to test drive all the cars you had shortlisted. Looking forward to your test drive impressions of i20 vs the Punto.

I think going for some kind of sunfilm on the windshield will make a big difference to the A/C cooling issue in the i20. There are windshield sunfilms offered by all the major brands that promise to cut down the heat and glare while not affecting the visibility during night. I am myself seriously considering going for this option in the next couple of months before the summer starts.
Old 24th June 2011, 16:50   #37

Re: My new Hyundai i20 CRDi ASTA Sparkle Blue

It has been a busy time over the last 6 months. Hence did not find any time to post in this forum.

My i20 has now clocked around 22,000Kms and hungry for more. It's been a little over 1.5 yrs since I got the car and I am happy to say that the car still gives me the same amount of pleasure whenever I drive it. Absolutely no problems till date and thankfully no sign of the infamous steering rattling issue till date. In fact, there are no rattles or loose bits whatsoever till date.

Regarding the fuel efficiency, I am now consistently getting around 14KMPL in the city with AC and around 19KMPL on long drives. With the petrol prices slowly inching towards the triple digit prices, it gives me immense satisfaction when I tank up my car for Rs.2000 and it lasts me for approx 700 kms at the minimum.

One thing that I wanted to check with others on this forum. During a recent long drive, I noticed that the head unit and the steering audio controls stopped responding intermittently. I wanted to get it checked up during the following servicing but the issue never happened again after that. Not sure what the reason was. If anyone has faced this and found a solution, please do let me know.
Old 4th July 2011, 18:19   #38

hi mvj 1976,

i just bought a berry red i20 asta crdi on 24.06.2011, good to know that you've done 22k kms with no problems

the "dreaded" steering rattle has made an appearance on my car at precisely 434 kms on the odo!

advaith hyundai at mission rd responded to this by giving me a drive in a brand new i20 crdi done 10 km and helpfully pointing out that this car also has the same problem will get this sorted out (hopefully) in the 1200 km 1st service.

Sparkle blue is a lovely color, didnt go for that color cuz my 2005 swift was beam blue
Old 4th July 2011, 19:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by type r View Post
hi mvj 1976,

the "dreaded" steering rattle has made an appearance on my car at precisely 434 kms on the odo!
Another example of a 2011 model have this issue as well, inspite of all sorts of denial by the great Hyundai Motors India Limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by type r View Post
advaith hyundai at mission rd responded to this by giving me a drive in a brand new i20 crdi done 10 km and helpfully pointing out that this car also has the same problem , will get this sorted out (hopefully) in the 1200 km 1st service.
Probably a new tactic on Hyundai's part - every i20 has this issue, so it is normal, just can't believe this!!!!

Believe me when I say this, the rattle issue cannot be sorted out *permanently*, it will re-appear sooner or later.
Old 5th July 2011, 11:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvj1976 View Post
Hope that by now you would have had a chance to test drive all the cars you had shortlisted. Looking forward to your test drive impressions of i20 vs the Punto.
I guess I missed seeing your response as the quotes were not reported at that time.
After all the TDs I had ranked the vehicles as:
Punto - SX4 - i20.

Due to some changes in my story script, I finally went in for a Jazz.
More details here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-enter-um.html
Old 7th July 2011, 09:57   #41
BHPian

Even i have an i20 asta Crdi bought a week back. One question for the team - bhp members. The car manual speaks about Voice recognition for bluetooth. Has anyone successfully used it. I was not able to find that option in the menu?
Old 8th August 2011, 10:44   #42
BHPian

Hi I just bought a new i20 CRDi 20 days back..
Just a few points to note.
1) The Vanity Mirror on the passenger side is now available
2) There is no Bluetooth "Voice" recognition. Only normal Pick and Drop call Functions
3) 550kms done and no steering rattle problems yet (All thanks to God Almighty {*I fold my hands and bow down in reverence*})
Old 8th August 2011, 15:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Hi I just bought a new i20 CRDi 20 days back..
Just a few points to note.
Congrats arrowaby! Did you buy from Kothari or Sanjay?
How was your dealership experience and what deal did you get?

Welcome to tbhp!
Old 8th August 2011, 16:10   #44
BHPian

Hi selfdrive!!

Thanks a lot..

The following is the link to a thread where I have posted my Experience, Pictures and report

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...asta-crdi.html
arrowaby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 16:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I had read on some other posts that the rattling is mainly due to loose items in the glove box. Do you think a sun curtain will help the cabin stay cooler? I do remember reading somewhere that the glove box xooler is actually a joke..

Even I have noticed this a couple of times while driving. The i20 Glove box is Huge. It is very big and can easily hold a lot of things and it also has two partitions. In fact, that reminds me that I have to clear up my Glove box as I have just been accumulating things in it. The Glove box cooler, is a cooler. Only a Cooler. Not a Chiller. There is a small vent inside which can be slid to the front and back to start the air-flow into the glove box and vice versa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks