Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:41   #46

Re: My new Hyundai i20 CRDi ASTA Sparkle Blue

Hi ,

Planning to buy I20 CRDI Asta, But seen mix of reviews about this car , Mainly steering rattle problem and low Air conditioning, Whether this is the permanent issue or Hyundai has done any workaround - Can somebody share their experiences
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:24   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikbhp View Post
Hi ,

Planning to buy I20 CRDI Asta, But seen mix of reviews about this car , Mainly steering rattle problem and low Air conditioning, Whether this is the permanent issue or Hyundai has done any workaround - Can somebody share their experiences
Hi karthikbhp,
My i20 CRDi is now almost a month and a half old and I'm 950 kms down.
I have not noticed any steering rattling noise. From what I know, those who faced this issue, Hyundai has been giving them temporary fixes. I have been through rough patches of roads during my small run till date and there has not been any problems.

A lot has been made up of the AC but I sincerely feel that the AC is not that bad. Yes, It takes some time to cool the entire cabin but then it does cool it eventually. Its not the instant types. But is it pretty good..

I haven't done any sun filming yet. So I'm sure that after I have done it, the results would improve.
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:52   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Hi karthikbhp,
My i20 CRDi is now almost a month and a half old and I'm 950 kms down.
I have not noticed any steering rattling noise. From what I know, those who faced this issue, Hyundai has been giving them temporary fixes. I have been through rough patches of roads during my small run till date and there has not been any problems.
I haven't done any sun filming yet. So I'm sure that after I have done it, the results would improve.
Hi,

Thanks for the valuable inputs, Also the new deliveries comes with 5+1 gear when compared to the older one of 6+1 gears right?
Old 23rd August 2011, 22:13   #49
BHPian

Thats right. All new deliveries are going to come in 5+1.
mind you this is for the Diesel models.
The petrol cars were already coming only in 5+1
Old 29th August 2011, 17:16   #50

Hi Karthikbhp, I also have not faced the rattle issue till date. My car is almost 2 years old and have done around 25K kms till date. The AC is weak and takes almost 30 mins to cool the cabin during the hot summer days but other than that I have absolutely no complaints. I would recommend the i20 to any of my friends and relatives.
Old 5th November 2011, 20:53   #51
BHPian

Hi ;

I bought my mushroom beauty a new colour although had booked silky beige on 20th Oct 2011 , from Advaith Hyundai , took a drive to Goa when the odo reading were just 38kms wow loved every bit of driving , now back home done about 1900kms in abt 2.5 weeks also had my 1st service done where I got the 40kms/hr door auto lock feature enabled.
I am finding that the 5 speed is really useful , no dead 2nd gear quite responsive throughout , AC is also excellant though in B'lore its being raining since last 5 days , got 3M RE35 shades for sides and VKool VK70 for the front , usually my drive from office is always after 6pm but I am finding the front sunfilm extremely useful in cutting down front glare something I would like to recommend to fellow bhpian's , ride quality is also good except for bad roads where the car sways a lot due to soft suspension otherwise drive quality is excellant , a feature rich car in the league of sedans in terms of comfort , seating as well as leg space , the car seems well planted on road , though the stock Apollo Accelere tires are a big let down , Hyundai could as well launch this car with 15" alloys and Michellin tireswhich would be fantastic for drivability would not mind spending some extra for those
kkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 09:14   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkat View Post
Hi ;

I bought my mushroom beauty a new colour although had booked silky beige on 20th Oct 2011 , from Advaith Hyundai , took a drive to Goa when the odo reading were just 38kms wow loved every bit of driving , now back home done about 1900kms in abt 2.5 weeks also had my 1st service done where I got the 40kms/hr door auto lock feature enabled.
I am finding that the 5 speed is really useful , no dead 2nd gear quite responsive throughout , AC is also excellant though in B'lore its being raining since last 5 days , got 3M RE35 shades for sides and VKool VK70 for the front , usually my drive from office is always after 6pm but I am finding the front sunfilm extremely useful in cutting down front glare something I would like to recommend to fellow bhpian's , ride quality is also good except for bad roads where the car sways a lot due to soft suspension otherwise drive quality is excellant , a feature rich car in the league of sedans in terms of comfort , seating as well as leg space , the car seems well planted on road , though the stock Apollo Accelere tires are a big let down , Hyundai could as well launch this car with 15" alloys and Michellin tireswhich would be fantastic for drivability would not mind spending some extra for those
I believe you should put up a ownership review of your car separately. It will help the new buyers of the i20.

Also, is it possible to enable autolock in the i20?
Old 7th November 2011, 09:32   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Also, is it possible to enable autolock in the i20?
Autolock as in making the doors lock automatically upon hitting a certain speed? Yes, it can be done free of charge. The doors will then lock automatically at 40 KMPH and I think they unlock too once you shut the car down.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 10:14   #54
BHPian

^ Make sure that when you go to the service center to get this done, they don't charge you some amount claiming it's 'engine tuning' !! They tried that stunt on me but I just asked them to reverse the change i.e. remove the auto lock. Lazy guys thought it was going to be much work so they let it be !!
Old 7th November 2011, 11:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkat View Post
Hi ;

I bought my mushroom beauty a new colour although had booked silky beige on 20th Oct 2011 , from Advaith Hyundai

got 3M RE35 shades for sides and VKool VK70 for the front
Congratulations on the new car. Please write an ownership report and also share the pics. Would like to see the new colour. I think the berry red too is replaced by a new shade called Maharaja red.

What was the cost of VKool VK70 and where did you get it done? I'm planning to install since I drive a lot at nights. The glare of the oncoming vehicles and the pathetic stock headlamps combination makes the night driving a nightmare.
Old 7th November 2011, 23:22   #56
BHPian

Hi Guyfrmblr ;

I will try to take some time off post Nov 20th to post my first ownership review , meanwhile you can talk to Daljeet Singh of VKool for getting VKool VK70 you can find the number mentioned on VKool's website for india mentioned my name to him for discounts you will really love the front shades , also upgrade your stock headlights to OSRAM night breaker plus for amazing effects
kkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 06:55   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvj1976 View Post

Dislikes:
4) No vanity mirrors: This is a very silly omission on the part of Hyundai. My Santro had a passenger side vanity mirror but the brand new i20 doesn't.
The vanity is there in my I20 Magna too, how come they dont have it in Asta version..?
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
The vanity is there in my I20 Magna too, how come they dont have it in Asta version..?
The pre-facelift i20 models did not have it. They added the vanity mirror in the facelifted models from 2010 onwards.
Old 6th January 2012, 23:44   #59

Hi!

I've clocked 9300 km in 6 months in my i20 crdi, and enjoying every km.

I changed the engine oil to Shell Helix ( 5.5 ltrs | Rs. 1450/-) at the 10k service, which i carried out at 8.5k km and i have noticed a marked improvement in engine power and smoothness. Wanted to share this info with you all.

Also, my dreaded steering rattle has reduced drastically by keeping the tyre pressure to 30 psi all round instead of the company recommended 33 psi.

@kkat - thanks for the tip on the Vkool front shades, will have to install it to face the upcoming summer. Also, can you please tell me where you purchased the osram bulbs from, and their cost? I upgraded my bulbs to bosch and i am not at all happy.
Old 7th January 2012, 11:15   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by type r View Post
Also, my dreaded steering rattle has reduced drastically by keeping the tyre pressure to 30 psi all round instead of the company recommended 33 psi.
Company recommended is 33 psi? I think its 30 psi and have been maintaining the same until now. Even my SA told that its 30 psi and asked me to maintain 32 psi during very cold days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks