Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 17:18   #16
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

This instance does not call for a court case - Horn failures will keep on getting replaced by the company while in warranty. Happens more often during and post the monsoon to most european cars. Post warranty since each horn cost about Rs. 3000, I get them repaired/ replaced with equivalent ones from bosh (with no cutting of wires) for Rs. 500 each - and these actually last much longer.

The Black smoke issue needs working by the technicians - it is possibly something to do with the EGR Valve or the Injectors or something getting blocked due to the fuel.

The major issues to worry about is the Auto box and the AC - Hopefully they conk off during warranty and you a fresh 2 years lease of life taking it upto 4 years.
Old 26th March 2010, 15:28   #17
BHPian

Skoda Octavia(The German Disaster)

WORST CAR to ever buy the SKODA OCTAVIA ! Within 1st few months of the car 4 items were replaced(i will be posting those details later). Now its been 20 months And the Gear-Box mount has been broken And there's a leakage in the tie-rod end ! The Car has done approximately 37000 kms ! Till date there has not been any kind of accident (small or big). I went to Giriraj Motors for a regular service where they informed me there's a problem with the gearbox mount and the tie rod end. They said they will have to send pictures to Skoda India for the warranty. Now after two Weeks Skoda India says that there are scratches and little rust on the bottom shield and hence they concluded that there is a HEAVY impact on the Shield due to which the Gearbox Mount has been broken though there is no MAJOR impact on the shield.
P.s- The Company does not even Honor their CommitmentS and are in a constant try to evade claims on irrelevant grounds.
And i have also experienced horn failure during the 1st year of the car only.
Attached Thumbnails
Complain regarding quality of new superb car and dealer-image003.jpg  

Last edited by crashoverride9x : 26th March 2010 at 15:30.
Old 28th March 2010, 17:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish Makharia View Post
Presently the biggest hassle at the moment is the smoke that it gives. A SUPERIOR CAR GIVING SMOKE is a surprise
Which diesel do you use?

Even i was non pleasantly surprised when my brand new Innova started giving out black smoke. Toyota service solved the problem. They claimed that the smoke was due to filling diesel with additives (power/turbo). They advised me to fill regular diesel and the problem seemed to disappear. Later i learnt that Toyota had addressed this issue and newer Innovas could fill diesel with additives.
Old 28th March 2010, 18:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Ashish could you post some pics of your smoking car? This would help in two ways

1) It may help some of the gurus identify the cause of your problem

2) It ensures that your case is a genuine one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks