Team-BHP - Complain regarding quality of new superb car and dealer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Complain regarding quality of new superb car and dealer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74149-complain-regarding-quality-new-superb-car-dealer.html)

Hello,

I had purchased a new Skoda Superb and have been facing issues with it since the day purchased.
Date of Purchase-29/08/2009\
VIN:-TMBBEG3739A300986
Make: Skoda Superb
Service Dealer: Skoda - Continental Auto Services-Mathura Road – New Delhi 110044
The Vehicle handed over to us without PDI and engine was very noisy (Bought from Arshia Motors), finally they gave us another piece instead of what they gave us because of this almost after 10-15 days.
Since then twice the horn got replaced by (Arshia Motors & Giriraj Motors) but still creating problem, which I am very much shocked in two month two twice the horn got replaced and still not working. Arshia Motors says they don’t have horn in stock and we are not getting it from Skoda Auto as well. This problem happened since the 25 day of purchase. I am regularly in touch with Mr. Rohit (Service Adviser). (The world Famous Company SKODA AUTO). Presently it’s under warranty till its ok, but what after warranty?
Presently the biggest hassle at the moment is the smoke that it gives. A SUPERIOR CAR GIVING SMOKE is a surprisethe Continental Auto Services employees have no answer instead they call me regularly to have some test’s done on my brand new car. Why these tests can’t be done at the first place before the launch of the car.
They have done a complete diagnosis and analysis of the concern but there is no fix to the issue and instead now they say they have to dismantle the head assembly. What a solution they want to open the engine of a luxury car in less than 6 months.
Dealing with these people I clearly see that there is no after sales service provided by SKODA INDIA and they are just making a fool/mockery of the customer. I have been asked numerous times to leave the car for tests and have done so without any positive results. They on keeping my car do not give a replacement for it which is again a pain.
Please see the corrupt practices going on at Škoda Auto India Pvt. Ltd. They are not willing to come on record and say anything.
Help me friends to get justice from Škoda Auto India Pvt. Ltd either a replacement or refund. Škoda Auto India Pvt. Ltd is not interested to answer most of my queries even though this is their top of the line 7* rated product

Think it's better if you give Skoda India a Lawyer notice. First just mail them with your complaint and grievances.The email address is on their skoda india website. Guess you'll be joining Harshiv very soon.Even he's a t-bhpian who has a pending case with Skoda India.He is in our forums,try to get in touch with him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 1710438)
Think it's better if you give Skoda India a Lawyer notice. First just mail them with your complaint and grievances.The email address is on their skoda india website. Guess you'll be joining Harshiv very soon.Even he's a t-bhpian who has a pending case with Skoda India.He is in our forums,try to get in touch with him.

Dear Ashish,
You are far better off when compared to what is happening in Kerala. The irony is that not many Skoda owners know what is happening with their cars when they give it for service. I believe 2 individuals found out and its a court case now; consumer as well as criminal case.

Sell it off before the warranty period expires as very high officials from the Czech republic and officials of Volkswagen are in on it. Please scour this site as well as the net to know more about the ills that face Skoda in India.

oh no. another skoda horror story!

Please check below thread by Harishv who has filed case against Skoda!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rned-year.html

Shoot, another Skoda horror stories. When will they learn:Frustrati. Open the engine of a 25L+ car in less than 6 months, which moron appointed him:Shockked:

Hope this does not go the way Harish's case is going.

Hi Ashish

I beleive you met Karthik Ramesh, Head of Customer Careless Skoda, :) at the Expo in Delhi. Any help there ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish Makharia (Post 1696741)
Date of Purchase-29/08/2009\
VIN:-TMBBEG3739A300986
Make: Skoda Superb
Service Dealer: Skoda - Continental Auto Services-Mathura Road – New Delhi 110044

In this case at least the vehicle is new as its July 2009 Manufactured. Skoda is really taking advantage of the pathetic Indian judiciary system. They are treating the customers as slaves.

Hi Ashish,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashish Makharia (Post 1696741)
The Vehicle handed over to us without PDI and engine was very noisy

The current 2.0 PD engine (previously sold in the VW Passat) is known for its noisy nature. Skoda intends to replace this with a more competent common-rail diesel soon.

Quote:

Since then twice the horn got replaced by (Arshia Motors & Giriraj Motors) but still creating problem, which I am very much shocked in two month two twice the horn got replaced and still not working.
Nearly all European cars sold in India suffer from this premature wear issue. My C220 has probably been through 4 - 5 horns already. Inexplicable, but I've decided to fit an after-market Bosch / roots unit now.

Quote:

GIVING SMOKE is a surprise
A concern. Does it smoke only under full acceleration? Have you tried filling up from another company-owned-company-operated petrol pump? Is the engine performance otherwise okay?

I don't mean to say that the Superb is a defect-free car. Far from it, the car is known to have major issues with failing gearboxes and the air-conditioning unit. However, your problems aren't really major in nature and you are far better off than other Superb owners.

You shouldn't pursue the legal option (you don't have a case). I suggest you work with your dealership and find the root cause of the smoking problem. Also, try filling up from a COCO petrol pump.

Recently a lot of cases are arising against Skoda especially for the Superb version. Although it is compared to the E-Class in terms of luxury for half the price.It's actually even lesser by 100 % on reliability :deadhorsePeople buying it only end up in courts fighting for thier cases year on. Since our judicial system won't change for a while:Frustrati. I think it is time we change our perception about Skoda and spread the word on how they rob our brothers of their hard earned time and money.

Hi Ashish,

Is the smoke black of whitish? also, is it continued throughout or only at increased rpms. Please send a mail to

Yaser Syed | Customer Care | SKODA AUTO India Pvt. Ltd.
501, Wing - A Signature Towers, South City - I | Gurgaon- Haryana | India | Tel: +91 124 335 1314
yaser.syed@skoda-auto.co.in | ?koda Auto - Homepage | ?koda Auto - Homepage

Please give him my reference (Varun Aggarwal from IHS Global Insight), I was in touch with him recently regarding some issues with my Fabia.

Hi Ashish,

Is the smoke black of whitish? also, is it continued throughout or only at increased rpms. Please send a mail to

Yaser Syed | Customer Care | SKODA AUTO India Pvt. Ltd.
501, Wing - A Signature Towers, South City - I | Gurgaon- Haryana | India | Tel: +91 124 335 1314
yaser.syed@skoda-auto.co.in | ?koda Auto - Homepage | ?koda Auto - Homepage

Please give him my reference (Varun Aggarwal from IHS Global Insight), I was in touch with him recently regarding some issues with my Fabia.

Arshia and Giriraj are not the best dealer around for purchase and service though Giriraj is no.2 in north India after Krishna Auto in Punjab. Take your superb to Sai Automobiles and they should serve you better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 1716028)
Recently a lot of cases are arising against Skoda especially for the Superb version.

Stan, coming from a Skoda fan like you - thats saying something!

Welcome to Skoda my friend. Well i suggest you get hold of the senior most guy in your dealership and have a one on one with him regarding your problems.I dont think writing mails to skoda auto will help because they dont really seem to bother. I have said it before and i ll say it again. Stay clear of a skoda.And this is from an old superb owner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyWalker (Post 1716069)
Stan, coming from a Skoda fan like you - thats saying something!

I know dude , It was pretty hard for me to hate Skoda. But just imagine this. Going to courts every month for more than a year .:Shockked: Heck I don't think even criminals(Murder's etc) go to court as much as we do just for settling our Lemon car cases. One thing i hate most in India is going to courts and a police station.Anyone with that experience itself will never do a mistake in life again.It's worse than being put in jail itself.Our Judicial System will never change ,but what we can change is what our heart desires.And it should never be a Skoda !!!!

Thanks,

I should say that your decision is good but one must have to find solution. I was being called by Mr. Harish that he will be arranging a press conference but i am waiting when to initiate. Even as individual no media is supporting. So HALLA BOL aur unki KHOL.

Looking for your suggestions on above.