Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 15:56   #16
BHPian

thanks mate .im waiting for the end result.
cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Wow! Congratulations!
Love the car, keep her well. Will be watching this thread closely.
Old 27th January 2010, 16:05   #17
BHPian

Congrats Bro
All excited to watch the making of the White Super Hot Mazda MX - 5
Old 28th January 2010, 11:13   #18
BHPian

thanks man. even i am really exited for this little monster.
cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardul.YamahaF View Post
Congrats Bro
All excited to watch the making of the White Super Hot Mazda MX - 5
Old 28th January 2010, 11:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats varun. Most of us dream of this. All the best in your restoration. Try to get a new soft top instead of the hard top.
Old 28th January 2010, 16:01   #20
BHPian

Congrats Varun on your new ride. Will be watching this space closely for the final output.

Personally I think Silver will go very well with this car, but as you mentioned that your friend already has a Silver, my next suggestion will be Metallic Red exterior with Black and Red leather seat covers. The Black component of your seat cover will go well with your new Black soft top.

Cheers!
Old 28th January 2010, 17:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Varun on a real fun car. Practical, small, fun and RWD
The gears are a real peach to use. The short throws get the essence of the car out. I had a real fine example for a long time till a friend convinced me to sell it to him. No regrets, he is taking real good care of the car but doesn't drive her around that much.

Take care of the car and it will take care of you. Dont be convinced into putting an aftermarket FFE from some local guy. The best is either an bolt on import or the OE.

This is a 1.6 i presume. I had a metallic red one but i would really want to see her in the British racing green (metallic) with beige leather interiors & Green piping. A collector has a very well kept specimen here and it looks really good, especially with aftermarket wire wheels.

Enjoy this car. There are not many good examples left (now to convince my friend to sell me back my old car)
Old 29th January 2010, 23:03   #22
BHPian

Beautiful car. BTW is the colour scheme of white and red in anyway inspired by "The Speed Racer". Even the shape of the car is similar. Eagerly waiting to see the end product .
Old 30th January 2010, 12:17   #23
BHPian

thanks mate. i have ordered for a new soft top already but also need a hard one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Congrats varun. Most of us dream of this. All the best in your restoration. Try to get a new soft top instead of the hard top.
hey mate, thanks for your input. yes i agree, red with black n red leather will look hot too. but im more of a white guy i guess. just love the looks of this ride in white. But anyhow will consider red for sure.
cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infallible79 View Post
Congrats Varun on your new ride. Will be watching this space closely for the final output.

Personally I think Silver will go very well with this car, but as you mentioned that your friend already has a Silver, my next suggestion will be Metallic Red exterior with Black and Red leather seat covers. The Black component of your seat cover will go well with your new Black soft top.

Cheers!
hey mate. thanks. i saw your car which you sold and must say it was in great shape. hope you are able to convince your friend to sell her back to you.

can you please advise me about the dealers who stock spares for this baby. opera house ?

cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The gears are a real peach to use. The short throws get the essence of the car out. I had a real fine example for a long time till a friend convinced me to sell it to him. No regrets, he is taking real good care of the car but doesn't drive her around that much.

Take care of the car and it will take care of you. Dont be convinced into putting an aftermarket FFE from some local guy. The best is either an bolt on import or the OE.

This is a 1.6 i presume. I had a metallic red one but i would really want to see her in the British racing green (metallic) with beige leather interiors & Green piping. A collector has a very well kept specimen here and it looks really good, especially with aftermarket wire wheels.

Enjoy this car. There are not many good examples left (now to convince my friend to sell me back my old car)
Thanks man. no its not inspired by the speed racer. to be honest, when i was a kid i saw this car for the first time in some hindi movie song which i dont even remember. just remember that it was a song on the car and the car featured was a white mazda miata roadster starring jackie shroff.

since that day i fell for the looks. as i grew older n older and got into the details of this baby, i was completely smitten by it. finally got it
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Beautiful car. BTW is the colour scheme of white and red in anyway inspired by "The Speed Racer". Even the shape of the car is similar. Eagerly waiting to see the end product .

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post within 20 minutes.

Last edited by v12 : 30th January 2010 at 12:26.
Old 30th January 2010, 19:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hey Varun, Congrats on the Miata, Its an awesome car!

My wife wanted to own a Miata when we were in UK but never got a good 1st gen specimen. The 2nd/latest generation has added a bit of a bulk upfront and is not as much a hoot to drive as the older gen.

Also as regards to hard top, you should be able to procure the bolt ones from UK/Europe/Japan which allow you to retain the soft top for sunnier days.

Please do post up the details of restoration.

Cheers
Old 30th January 2010, 19:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun m View Post
hey guys, finally work started on my mazda today. arush started to strip my car today. loads of work required but im sure the hard work will pay. following are some pics.
Great Car! If you want to chronicle your mods then please start a new thread in Mods section and keep this for reviews.
Old 30th January 2010, 20:02   #26
BANNED

Nice car Varun.

My friend in Bangalore has the same car, Mazda Miata MX-5 or the Eunos Roadster.

Modifications done

1) 15" alloys and some nice tyre(dunno which)
2) Free Flow exhaust
3) End can
4) Body kits

The car looks super cool, and he had taken it on a T-BHP drive also sometime back.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally !!! Got My Mazda Miata MX-5-dsc08709.jpg  

Old 30th January 2010, 22:51   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Nice car Varun.

My friend in Bangalore has the same car, Mazda Miata MX-5 or the Eunos Roadster.

Modifications done

1) 15" alloys and some nice tyre(dunno which)
2) Free Flow exhaust
3) End can
4) Body kits

The car looks super cool, and he had taken it on a T-BHP drive also sometime back.
Sorry, thats 17 " Enkei alloys, extremely unique pattern.

Digging out some pics of that car, will post it soon.
Old 31st January 2010, 11:48   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Sorry, thats 17 " Enkei alloys, extremely unique pattern.

Digging out some pics of that car, will post it soon.
Here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally !!! Got My Mazda Miata MX-5-miataa.jpg  

Finally !!! Got My Mazda Miata MX-5-miataaa.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 6th February 2010, 14:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

hey varun,

I was watching Discover Turbo yesterday and in one of the shows they were showing about re building a MX5 right from scratch. And i thought of your Mx5 at the same time.

So whats the status of your car?
Old 6th February 2010, 16:18   #30
BHPian

Hey dude, Any updated on your ride?
What about the hard top?

Most Viewed