Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 15:34   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaidy View Post
Hi Gandhi,

Congrats on your new Ritz.. Welcome to Ritz Club. I also got my Ritz - VXI - Blue on Jan 7th.
Congrats to you too for your new buy. In fact I should welcome you to the Ritz club as mine is a month older than yours .

Quote:
Have no complaints till now except for Reverse Gears slotting which you mentioned.
Actually there is a trick. You have to push the gear lever to extreme right before trying to slot it in reverse. That way, it gets engaged always. I have been practicing this since a month and it has never failed me.

Quote:
There is no lever provided to release the hatch door from inside, you have to unlock all the doors - You can find the lever below the driver's seat.
ZXi doesn't come with a hatch door release. It is integrated with remote locking. So hatch door gets released with all the other doors.

Last edited by Gandhi : 25th January 2010 at 15:37.
Old 25th January 2010, 16:52   #17
BHPian

@gandhi: COngrats on your new ride. The Black Ritz does look good and as you said - not too many people go in for black so you get some exclusivity!! The gears become better with time. I used to have prob with reverse gear almost every other time initially. Now its come down to once in a while!

I also find the lack of day night IRVM extremely irritating. Please do update the thread once you get any reply from the dealer/maruti.
Old 25th January 2010, 17:10   #18
BHPian

Welcome to the club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Falcon, I had got the seat covers done from Dealer itself. Initially he was quoting 7500 + Tax for luster seat covers. After some negotiations, he came down to 6000/- Net.

If you remember, there was a 15000/- cash discount on Ritz Petrol in December 2009. My car was invoiced on 30th November but was delivered in December. Hence I insisted that I get the 15000/- cash discount offer on my car too. Finally I wasn't given the offer, but my accessories bill of 10600/- (for door beading, bumper guard, seat covers and underbody anti-rust coating) was waived off and MGA Car Cover and Steering Cover (worth some 1700/-) were given as freebies to compensate the offer. So at the end, I got the seat covers for free.
Congrats! That's quite a good deal!
Old 26th January 2010, 08:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
@gandhi: COngrats on your new ride. The Black Ritz does look good and as you said - not too many people go in for black so you get some exclusivity!!

I also find the lack of day night IRVM extremely irritating. Please do update the thread once you get any reply from the dealer/maruti.
Thanks man. I have lost the hope for IRVM issue. I'll update the thread in case I get some positive response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezpo View Post
Congrats! That's quite a good deal!
But I still feel I should have been given the December offer. I think dealer knew that this offer is going to come and hence invoiced the car on 30th November evening. I tried my best to compensate.
Old 26th January 2010, 23:26   #20
BHPian

Congrats on the Black Ritz Gandhi! You've posted your review finally as promised after nearing ~1000KM. Have a happy driving!
Old 28th January 2010, 22:26   #21
BHPian

Hi Gandhi,

Congrats on the black beauty. Can you post your dealership experience and also the total on road cost excluding accessories? I am planning to book Ritz Zxi next month. So confused as to whether to book it in Bangalore or in my home town Mysore. Any other info that will help me here? Also, have you fitted any parking sensors? Does the dealer stock those?

Drive safe!
Old 29th January 2010, 00:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:

FE -

I use only Shell normal petrol for my bike and car both. First full tank (measured over 428 KMs) gave me 14.46 KMPL in city with AC ON all the time. 40% of the time, car was driven in typical Bangalore bumper-to-bumper traffic and rest of the time, bit relaxed city traffic. 50% of the time car was fully loaded with 5 adult passengers.
Did you get 428 for a full tank of petrol ? I am wondering about the mileage figure because a full tank is 43 liters.
Old 29th January 2010, 10:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Hi Gandhi,

Congrats on the black beauty. Can you post your dealership experience and also the total on road cost excluding accessories? I am planning to book Ritz Zxi next month. So confused as to whether to book it in Bangalore or in my home town Mysore. Any other info that will help me here? Also, have you fitted any parking sensors? Does the dealer stock those?

Drive safe!
I plan to post the dealership experience in separate thread in "Dealer's review" section. Haven't been able to find time to do it. But overall, the experience has been decent. It wasn't too great or too bad. Just OK.

Here is the breakup of on road cost for my Ritz ZXi -

Ex-showroom Price: 4,80,417
Road Tax: 63,415
Insurance: 12,796 (Originally 13,909. Got 1113 discount after negotiation)
Incidental Charges: 4,750
Extended Warranty: 4,995 (for 3rd and 4th year)

Total On-Road : 5,66,373

As I have mentioned earlier, I didn't get the 15000 cash discount December offer, but I did get my accessories bill waived off as compensation. Here's the break-up of it.

Door beading: 1200
Bumper Guards: 980
Underbody anti-rust Coating: 4500
Luster Seat Covers: 7500

This total is 14180 + Tax. After negotiation he had agreed for 10600 Net. This 10600 was waived off in compensation to December offer + I was given MGA Car Cover and MGA Steering Cover (Total worth 1500) as freebies.

Other standard freebies - Floor mats, boot mat, mud flaps, ganesha idol, perfume

Feel free to PM for any doubts you may have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramk View Post
Did you get 428 for a full tank of petrol ? I am wondering about the mileage figure because a full tank is 43 liters.
I don't wait for the tank to become empty before filling up. I fill up the tank when there is still 1/4th petrol left in it. Full tank is the method that was used to calculate the mileage.

Steps -

1) Fill the petrol till auto cut-off.
2) Note the ODO reading (in my case 39)
3) Use the car for some time
4) Go to same petrol bunk, same dispenser and fill petrol till auto cut-off
5) Note the ODO reading (467 in my case) and amount of petrol that went in (29.57 ltrs)

So the number of kilometers (467-39=428) divided by amount of petrol (29.57) is the mileage = 14.47
Old 29th January 2010, 11:20   #24
BHPian

Hey Gandhi,

Thanks a lot for the detailed info. This is very helpful. I will take a quote from both dealers and go for the one who is giving the maximum discount/freebies.

Looking forward to your dealership experience. And good luck.

Drive safe.
Old 29th January 2010, 11:34   #25
BHPian

Congrats Buddy ! good selection of colour, black really brings out the best in most of the cars.

Moderator's Note: Please do not quote a long message for a one liner reply. It affects readability for our mobile users. Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 29th January 2010 at 11:40. Reason: Note inline.
Old 29th January 2010, 11:53   #26
BHPian

Congrats Gandhi, "Black little bull" is very apt for Ritz especially in that black color.
A very unbiased review. And I want to hear from you how is the low speed ride.
Quote:

So the number of kilometers (467-39=428) divided by amount of petrol (29.57) is the mileage = 14.47
14.47 is a very good mileage in city driving. My friend always complains about his i10 Kappa's poor mileage. It gives him no more than 11kmpl in city!
Old 29th January 2010, 18:28   #27
BHPian

Hi Gandhi,

These dealers are really cheaters. I would like to put out a incident when I booked swift Dzire couple of years back. I booked two cars(same swift dzire-one for me and other for my uncle) with SB Cars Kanpur. At the time of booking, Dzire was having a launch discount of some 30000 so a total of 60k on two cars. I payed him booking amount of 1lac for two cars. By the time it was delivered it was already two months and the dealer told me that the policy of car industry is that we need to pay the amount at the time of delivery of vehicle.

I felt so cheated by those thugs and decided to take legal action against the industry
Later I found out it is actually written in some fine terms and conditions that we need to pay the amount at the time of delivery. We are also eligible for the discounts ( which in your case u were) if there are any at the time of deilvery.

Somehow not feeling satisfied I proceeded with case in the court with SB cars and Maruti and case went on for further six months . Meanwhile our cars were delivered to other customers in queue and our 4 lac( 1lac as deposit and 3 lac as cheque for first car) was still withhold with SB cars.

After six months we got a representative from maruti legal department at our place who came for a compromise and we settled on paying 30k on one car and getting some freebies against the interest on those 4 lacs.

But the overall process was so tiring and mental harassment that it could not be narrated.
Now seeing ur thread I feel like your car dealer.

Nyways happy driving and keep posted with the performance of car

Quote:
Thanks man. I have lost the hope for IRVM issue. I'll update the thread in case I get some positive response.

But I still feel I should have been given the December offer. I think dealer knew that this offer is going to come and hence invoiced the car on 30th November evening. I tried my best to compensate.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th January 2010 at 20:59. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read out board rules carefully before proceeding further, thanks
Old 29th January 2010, 22:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpine101 View Post
Congrats Gandhi, "Black little bull" is very apt for Ritz especially in that black color.
A very unbiased review. And I want to hear from you how is the low speed ride.
I have not driven different cars or even sat in too many different cars, so please take my opinion with a pinch of salt. IMO, low speed ride is not the best. If I compare it with our 5 year old Indica, it's not as comfortable. You do feel the unevenness of the road inside cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpine101 View Post
14.47 is a very good mileage in city driving. My friend always complains about his i10 Kappa's poor mileage. It gives him no more than 11kmpl in city!
A lot depends on driving style actually. You can classify me as one of the most sedate drivers. Here's what I try to follow (listed in no particular order) -

1) Always use Shell normal petrol
2) Never push or pull the engine
3) Be in right gear and right RPM at right speed - I change gears at around 1900 RPM
4) Use the clutch only for changing gears - I mean it
5) Accelerate slowly and decelerate slowly
6) Predict potential braking spots and decelerate in advance to avoid sudden braking (I call this technique "Predictive braking with momentum driving" ) - There are two advantages to this. I am using every bit out of the momentum that has been gained by accelerating. Avoid sudden braking. If I am not going to use the momentum, I don't accelerate that much. To visualize, I start decelerating around 100-200 meters before I have to brake (as I know potential braking spots - traffic signals, speed breakers, traffic jams), then apply the brake softly when I have to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
Hi Gandhi,

These dealers are really cheaters. I would like to put out a incident when I booked swift Dzire couple of years back. I booked two cars(same swift dzire-one for me and other for my uncle) with SB Cars Kanpur. At the time of booking, Dzire was having a launch discount of some 30000 so a total of 60k on two cars. I payed him booking amount of 1lac for two cars. By the time it was delivered it was already two months and the dealer told me that the policy of car industry is that we need to pay the amount at the time of delivery of vehicle.
I did knew about this, but the only problem was that when I came to know about the December offer, full payment was already made and Car had gone for registration already. I knew that they won't refund the money in any case, so only option I had was to compensate somehow towards the offer amount.
Old 29th January 2010, 23:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gandhi,

It is ridiculous. I booked in August and there was no cash discount. But when it was delivered I was given 8000 discount of that time of delivery. Seems my Se and dealers are good in Chennai.
Old 30th January 2010, 02:07   #30
BHPian

congrats on your purchase.
great choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks