Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 16:36   #31
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Driving has always been my passion since my childhood.
I am glad you share the same passion.

Quote:
I got the car delivered a week earlier
Congrats on your first Car and also on your first wedding Anniversary . The choice is great with the car and I sure its same with the wife. You won't regret your decision(s) ever. May your life be as smooth as the Ritz K-series Engine.

Quote:
Wifey calls it "Golu", a word generally used for fat, chubby kids .
I like the name GOLU. We call ours as "Hansini"

Quote:
Paint job is not as good as that of Hyundai or Fiat, but one has to compromise in one or the other aspect.
I don't agree with you and I think a Black Ritz ZXI looks really great and s**y.
The painting is flawless. Alternatively, this "GOLU" could also be called "The Black Stallion"

Quote:
Boot is large enough to hold 2 large suitcases. There is no light provided in the boot.
Agree, having a light would have a great difference but more importantly, fastening loops should have been provided to make your luggage more secure, especially when you go over huge speed breakers. Bag hooks on both the side trims is a fantastic feature.

Quote:
A-pillar is very thick (standard in modern cars I guess?) and becomes obstructive when taking right turns. One has to be careful, when taking tight right turns.
I have found that to be real draw back in the car.

Quote:
The IRVM is NOT anti-glare though mentioned as automatic day-light mirror in the brochure.
They are Anti-glare by nature and don't have a separate lever switch as some older models do.

Quote:
Dual horn is very good, it's loud and sharp.
They are loud, nodoubt, but insufficient on the highways. They may be shrill for city use though. I have replaced mine with genuine Hella (Red Grilles) which have a more suitable audible frequency to human ears.

Quote:
Central locking has a very good feature that all the doors get locked once car crosses 20 KMPH speed. Doors do not get unlocked when engine is switched off on signals
Some other features which even the top notch car lack. When you unlock the Driver's side door from inside all other doors remain locked. When you stop the car and any one of its doors is opened from inside, you don't need to lock it manually.This gets locked once again, when the car touches 20 KMPH.

Quote:
Front wipers are not of great quality, it leaves quite a lot marks and doesn't swipe completely.
Had mine changed twice under warranty but ultimately got a set of Genuine Bosch wipers. Surprising the OE wiper blades are made in Japan.

Quote:
ZXi comes factory fitted with 185/70 R14 JK Vectra tyres. They are fine as far as you are running on smooth roads, but start making lot of noise on not-so-smooth roads.
Apart from the Road Noise ( even with an excellent sound-proof cabin) these hard rubber compound tyres are very poor on the Road holding sector.Good years of the same size would drastically improve the ride quality, but at the cost of reduced FE.

Quote:
The ride is not as smooth as I expected. It was bit bumpy. When I checked the air pressure for the first time after about 10 days, I found that it was 41 PSI in all 4 tyres . I got it reduced to 30 (manual says 29 for all 4) and ride has improved after that.
Suggest, you get yourself a good tyre pressure guage.You will be shocked at the variation in each refilling station. Besides with tube less tyres you will probably have to do this once in a couple of months if not more.

Wishing the best at all times with your life, wife and the car

Happy and safe motoring.

God bless.....

Last edited by soccer : 31st January 2010 at 16:39.
Old 1st February 2010, 12:54   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
It is ridiculous. I booked in August and there was no cash discount. But when it was delivered I was given 8000 discount of that time of delivery.
I know. But I didn't have any other option as full payment was already made. Also, I think it is invoice date (30th November in my case) which decides if you get the offer or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer View Post
Congrats on your first Car and also on your first wedding Anniversary . The choice is great with the car and I sure its same with the wife. You won't regret your decision(s) ever. May your life be as smooth as the Ritz K-series Engine.
Thanks for the wishes dude.

Quote:
I don't agree with you and I think a Black Ritz ZXI looks really great and s**y.
It's not bad by any standards. I just feel paint job of Hyundai or Fiat is a tad better than that of Maruti.

Quote:
They are Anti-glare by nature and don't have a separate lever switch as some older models do.
But I get a lot of glare through that mirror. I'll have to experience some car which has anti-glare mirror and compare it with mine.

Quote:
When you stop the car and any one of its doors is opened from inside, you don't need to lock it manually.This gets locked once again, when the car touches 20 KMPH.
I wish this mechanism was a bit different (it's better than having nothing at least). I would prefer the doors getting locked when engine is ON and car is not in neutral.
Old 1st February 2010, 13:51   #33
BHPian

Engine Performance -

I haven't felt any difference in engine response when AC is switched ON

I guess you mentioned its still in your run in period and you have not pushed your car beyond 85 KMPH, you would start feeling the difference when you take her on highways and you push her beyond 110 KMPH...
Old 1st February 2010, 23:04   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
I guess you mentioned its still in your run in period and you have not pushed your car beyond 85 KMPH, you would start feeling the difference when you take her on highways and you push her beyond 110 KMPH...
Nope, theres absolutely no difference in power/torque with or without the AC at any speed, whatsoever.

God bless.....
Old 2nd February 2010, 12:17   #35
BHPian

Hey Gandhi,

Had been to Bimal on Airport road yesterday. He is giving 20K cash discount on Ritz ZXi. Plus Body cover, Steering cover and the usual set of mud flaps, idol and perfume as feebies. I now need to hunt for the best deal for finance. Did you take a loan or you paid full amount.
Do let me know.
I will be checking out some dealerships in Mysore this weekend. If they can match or exceed the Bimal offer, then i will book this sat!
BTW, Bimal did not have the baker's chocolate with him. Said it will take max 1 month to get !
Old 2nd February 2010, 13:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Hey Gandhi,

Had been to Bimal on Airport road yesterday. He is giving 20K cash discount on Ritz ZXi. Plus Body cover, Steering cover and the usual set of mud flaps, idol and perfume as feebies.
That's a very good offer you are getting Naveen.

I did opt for a car loan from State Bank of Travancore. It got approved within 10 working days.
Old 13th February 2010, 20:24   #37
BHPian

Mileage Update

Golu has completed 1400 KMs and mileage is on the improving side. 2nd Full tank returned 15.80 KMPL in City with 70% AC ON. Overall very happy with the way car is behaving.

Took it to half day trip to Krishnagiri today. It performed really well on highways. As it is still under run-in, didn't want to push too much. I kept the average speeds hovering around 85-90 KMPH, touching 100 KMPH once in a while. Mileage for this 250 KMs trip was 21.60 KMPL with 100% AC ON . Route taken was Whitefield -> Varthur -> Sarjapur -> Bagalur -> Hosur -> Krishnagiri -> Hosur -> E-City -> Silk Board -> Whitefield.

Golu got its first scratch also :(. My parking lot is pretty narrow and the turning space is also very less. The left rear fender touched a pillar and it got 3 inches long scratch. I still remember that sound, it was like somebody scratched my heart. When I got down and checked the damage, got relaxed a bit as scratch is not deep and only paint has come off. Now I have become even more careful driving him.
Old 13th February 2010, 20:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Golu got its first scratch also :(. My parking lot is pretty narrow and the turning space is also very less. The left rear fender touched a pillar and it got 3 inches long scratch. I still remember that sound, it was like somebody scratched my heart. When I got down and checked the damage, got relaxed a bit as scratch is not deep and only paint has come off. Now I have become even more careful driving him.

Since you own a Black Ritz, the scratches can easily be camouflaged with black shoe polish or a permanent marker. Better still get a black OHP pen and just write off the scratches and your GOLU could be as dashing as ever.

God bless.....
Old 15th February 2010, 13:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Golu has completed 1400 KMs and mileage is on the improving side. 2nd Full tank returned 15.80 KMPL in City with 70% AC ON. Overall very happy with the way car is behaving.

thats pretty good FE figures within your running period.Also your driving style.

Took it to half day trip to Krishnagiri today. It performed really well on highways. As it is still under run-in, didn't want to push too much. I kept the average speeds hovering around 85-90 KMPH, touching 100 KMPH once in a while. Mileage for this 250 KMs trip was 21.60 KMPL with 100% AC ON . Route taken was Whitefield -> Varthur -> Sarjapur -> Bagalur -> Hosur -> Krishnagiri -> Hosur -> E-City -> Silk Board -> Whitefield.

well that comes as package with black coloured car, so look out for those scratches,dents buddy.
GOLU- saras nam che!!
Old 8th March 2010, 17:00   #40
BHPian

Need advice

Folks, I need some advice here. As the temperatures are increasing day by day, I am feeling the need to get sun-film for front windshield. What are the options available in Bangalore?

Here is the criteria -
  1. Budget is around 6000 to 7000 max
  2. Visibility shouldn't be affected either day or night or rain
Please help.
Old 18th March 2010, 23:01   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I need some advice here. As the temperatures are increasing day by day, I am feeling the need to get sun-film for front windshield. What are the options available in Bangalore?

Here is the criteria -
  1. Budget is around 6000 to 7000 max
  2. Visibility shouldn't be affected either day or night or rain
Please help.

Just booked my silver Ritz Vxi. For the front windshield I have asked them to fit "Ice Cool Shield" by Garware. Rs 3.5k for the front windscreen. Visibility is not affected at all, infact the dealer told me, reflections at night time will be minimal because of this, I don't know how true this is. If you can wait for a few days, I can give a review of it, as the Zxi is coming home on Saturday. Also, any update on the cars build, rattles etc., will be helpful.
Old 18th March 2010, 23:45   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
Just booked my silver Ritz Vxi. For the front windshield I have asked them to fit "Ice Cool Shield" by Garware. Rs 3.5k for the front windscreen. Visibility is not affected at all, infact the dealer told me, reflections at night time will be minimal because of this, I don't know how true this is. If you can wait for a few days, I can give a review of it, as the Zxi is coming home on Saturday. Also, any update on the cars build, rattles etc., will be helpful.
Congrats Bhuvan for your Ritz. Do post your initial ownership review here.

Regarding Sun-film for windshield, I am planning to go for 3M CR-70. It costs 5.5K. Read this thread, there are good reviews for almost all the sun-films.

For the build quality of Ritz, it is certainly better than other Marutis but no match to Hyundais or Fiats. There are minor rattles from both B-pillars which appear when car goes through potholes. They are really minor that most people won't even notice. Otherwise the car is built really well.
Old 19th March 2010, 00:41   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Bhuvan for your Ritz. Do post your initial ownership review here.

Regarding Sun-film for windshield, I am planning to go for 3M CR-70. It costs 5.5K. Read this thread, there are good reviews for almost all the sun-films.

For the build quality of Ritz, it is certainly better than other Marutis but no match to Hyundais or Fiats. There are minor rattles from both B-pillars which appear when car goes through potholes. They are really minor that most people won't even notice. Otherwise the car is built really well.
Yes, the Ritz is going to be taken on a 3500Km road trip, as soon as its coming home, so that should be quite interesting. The dealer is including the sun-film as part of the freebies so I'm not being too particular, I guess all the brands will do the job more or less.

Strangely, the Jazz i test drove which had 5k Km on the clock, had a rattle from the B-pillar, something which was absent in the Ritz i test drove which had a similar mileage. It was also very stiffly sprung, unlike the Ritz which rode slightly better. That and the 3 lakh price difference I guess, won it for the Ritz.
Old 19th March 2010, 07:53   #44
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer is including the sun-film as part of the freebies so I'm not being too particular, I guess all the brands will do the job more or less.
Do not trust the dealer blindly. He may not even give you the promised sun-film. If he is ready to give a sun-film worth 3.5K for free, then try to get that 3.5K as discount so that you can get the one you like from outside. Believe me, sun-film is a pretty important accessory for a car where you don't want to make any compromise. For the brand, there are hundreds of them. You will find a sun-film that costs few hundred to one that costs 15000; there is a reason for this huge difference in pricing. You get the drift what I'm trying to say.

Quote:
Strangely, the Jazz i test drove which had 5k Km on the clock, had a rattle from the B-pillar, something which was absent in the Ritz i test drove which had a similar mileage.
Exactly. The Ritz I test drove had 10K KMs on the ODO and the cabin was as silent as it can get. Now if a test drive vehicle can be maintained rattle free, a normal vehicle can be maintained too for sure. So I'm hoping my Ritz will also become rattle free once I visit the service center.

Last edited by Gandhi : 19th March 2010 at 07:59.
Old 19th March 2010, 08:31   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Steps -

1) Fill the petrol till auto cut-off.
2) Note the ODO reading (in my case 39)
3) Use the car for some time
4) Go to same petrol bunk, same dispenser and fill petrol till auto cut-off
5) Note the ODO reading (467 in my case) and amount of petrol that went in (29.57 ltrs)

So the number of kilometers (467-39=428) divided by amount of petrol (29.57) is the mileage = 14.47
Congrats on your car.

Don't go by auto cut off. Fill till the petrol reaches the top. Then wait till it settles down and fill more. You will have to do this many times. When the level remains steady (stops falling), your tank is full and the air is purged out. This gives more accurate readings.
Instead of noting the ODO, just reset the tripmeter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks