Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 15:25   #76
BHPian

Hey Gandhi,

I will getting my Ritz on Friday. Guess what, its Black! Visited it in the yard yesterday. Going for registration tomorrow. Will post a detailed report soon.
Old 11th August 2010, 20:02   #77
BHPian

I forgot to update about one issue I have been noticing since many months. Whenever my car goes to 80 KMPH, both the driver and passenger seats and dashboard starts shaking heavily. I can feel the vibration in my seat (as my thighs start shaking a lot) and same it felt by co-passenger also. There is absolutely no noise by this vibration. I don't feel any vibration in the steering feel or the accelerator/brake/clutch pedals. Really weird. Another strange part to this vibration is that it feels only between 75 KMPH to 85 KMPH, above and below this speeds, the car is super smooth.

I had reported this issue to the service executive during second service, he concluded that some screws were loose in both the seats and those were tightened. But the issue is still there.

Does anyone else is facing such an issue or have any clues about what can be the cause of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Hey Gandhi,

I will getting my Ritz on Friday. Guess what, its Black! Visited it in the yard yesterday. Going for registration tomorrow. Will post a detailed report soon.
Hey Naveen, congrats dude. Waiting for your detailed report.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:29   #78
BHPian

Update on bulb upgrade

Hi BHPians,

I upgraded my car's headlamps to Phillips 100/90w bulbs. Got it done through Kar Spot @ Marathalli. He charged 900/- for complete installation including the relay kit from Super with 1 year replacement warranty. Haven't been able to test new setup, I will update the thread once I have enough observations about this new bulbs. Going to Wayanad this weekend so I should have enough opportunities to test the new setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Whenever my car goes to 80 KMPH, both the driver and passenger seats and dashboard starts shaking heavily. I can feel the vibration in my seat (as my thighs start shaking a lot) and same it felt by co-passenger also. There is absolutely no noise by this vibration. I don't feel any vibration in the steering feel or the accelerator/brake/clutch pedals. Really weird. Another strange part to this vibration is that it feels only between 75 KMPH to 85 KMPH, above and below this speeds, the car is super smooth.
Anyone facing a similar issue or anyone has any clue on why this is occurring .
Old 17th August 2010, 11:41   #79
BHPian

3rd time's the charm !

Quote:
Whenever my car goes to 80 KMPH, both the driver and passenger seats and dashboard starts shaking heavily. I can feel the vibration in my seat (as my thighs start shaking a lot) and same it felt by co-passenger also. There is absolutely no noise by this vibration. I don't feel any vibration in the steering feel or the accelerator/brake/clutch pedals. Really weird. Another strange part to this vibration is that it feels only between 75 KMPH to 85 KMPH, above and below this speeds, the car is super smooth.
I had a similar issue in my car, vibrations at a particular speed range, in my case between 100 & 110 Kmph. Above & below that speed, absolutely nothing at all.
Since it appeared to be a resonance or harmonic of some sort, I had my tires balanced - had to do it thrice before the issue was resolved.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:16   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Since it appeared to be a resonance or harmonic of some sort, I had my tires balanced - had to do it thrice before the issue was resolved.
Thanks Srini for this info. I will go to the service center next week (busy all this week ) and get the wheels balanced to see if that solves my problem.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:52   #81
BHPian

Back from a 770 KMs long trip to Wayanad. Really enjoyed driving my Ritz on ghats road. I had all the power at a tap of the pedal all the time. Just loved the way he responded in the ghat sections whenever needed. Now he has crossed 7000 KMs and the engine has really opened up a lot. The response has improved a lot.

Regarding the new Phillips 90/100W bulbs, they are very bright compared to stock headlamps. The throw is same as the old bulbs but the illumination is very good.

FE for the Wayanad trip was 19.63 KMPL with AC off all the time .
Old 25th August 2010, 16:46   #82
BHPian

Hey Gandhi, Can you give me the contact details and address of Kar Spot? I will get the bulbs changed tomorrow!

BTW, i am going on a long trip to ooty this weekend. Will drop the Ritz at my house in Mysore and pick up the swift!

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 25th August 2010 at 16:53.
Old 25th August 2010, 17:42   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Hey Gandhi, Can you give me the contact details and address of Kar Spot? I will get the bulbs changed tomorrow!
Kar Spot is right besides Innovative Multiplex on Outer Ring Road in Marathalli.

Quote:
BTW, i am going on a long trip to ooty this weekend. Will drop the Ritz at my house in Mysore and pick up the swift!
Enjoy your trip buddy. Have a good time.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:09   #84
BHPian

Update on car vibration @ 80 KMPH issue

Went to Pratham Motors yesterday to get the car vibrating @ 80 KMPH issue. Did a small road test along with the service exec and he concluded that front two wheels need balancing. During wheel balancing, it was found out that both the front wheels had variations of 5 grams each. Got the wheels balanced and went out for one more test drive to see if that fixed the issue, but no. Issue is still there. The service exec consulted another senior service guy who suggested to swap front and rear wheels. And that seems to have fixed the issue so far. Though I can't confirm the same till I drive consistently at the speed on highways, haven't noticed the vibration so far.

Will keep you guys updated on the same. Would like to mention that the service guys at Pratham were very co-operative in finding and fixing the issue.
Old 30th August 2010, 18:25   #85
BHPian

car vibration @ 80 KMPH issue

@ Gandhi

I have observed the same issue on my SX4. When the speed approaches 80 kmph there is a vibration which then goes away once i cross 85 kmph. I have been thinking that this is because the car is new and needs some running in. So have been driving below 80 kmph.
I have covered 4.5K kms so far and the 5K kms service is due anytime now. Will get the tyres rotated and that should hopefully resolve the issue. Your post helps. Thanks
Old 30th August 2010, 19:25   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMartin View Post
@ Gandhi
I have covered 4.5K kms so far and the 5K kms service is due anytime now. Will get the tyres rotated and that should hopefully resolve the issue. Your post helps. Thanks
Get the wheels balanced also. It is the wheel balancing + wheel rotation that did the trick and fixed the issue (hopefully).
Old 27th September 2010, 19:30   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

I upgraded my car's headlamps to Phillips 100/90w bulbs. Got it done through Kar Spot @ Marathalli. He charged 900/- for complete installation including the relay kit from Super with 1 year replacement warranty. Haven't been able to test new setup, I will update the thread once I have enough observations about this new bulbs. Going to Wayanad this weekend so I should have enough opportunities to test the new setup.

Hi gandhi, wanted to know if you replaced the bulb sockets (holders) to porcelain ones, as the standard ones would melt due to the heat. Did the cost include the holders as well? (if they were replaced) Also doesn't this void warranty? Do you remove this setup (if it's removable) when giving your Ritz for service?
Old 28th September 2010, 19:16   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaas2000 View Post
Hi gandhi, wanted to know if you replaced the bulb sockets (holders) to porcelain ones, as the standard ones would melt due to the heat. Did the cost include the holders as well? (if they were replaced) Also doesn't this void warranty? Do you remove this setup (if it's removable) when giving your Ritz for service?
I don't think they have changed the holders. And I am not sure if that will cause any problems. Regarding warranty, no wires have been cut so I think it shouldn't be a problem. The setup does seem removable though I haven't tried it.
Old 29th September 2010, 01:35   #89
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think they have changed the holders. And I am not sure if that will cause any problems. Regarding warranty, no wires have been cut so I think it shouldn't be a problem. The setup does seem removable though I haven't tried it.
Thanks for the details Gandhi, I will have to soon visit them as well to upgrade Ritzie's headlamps. As long as no wires are cut, am a happy man The holder theory was from my cabbie, he uses 90/100 in his indica and has stock holders, he says they melt every 2 months. May be it's due to inferior quality of holders or such.

Last edited by vaas2000 : 29th September 2010 at 01:37.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:20   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaas2000 View Post
May be it's due to inferior quality of holders or such.
I hope that's actually the case. Keeping my fingers crossed .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks