Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74219-review-1st-gen-ford-figo-2010-a-101.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniketi (Post 1822815)
Bravo !!! Ford is doing good with Figo. Any info on numbers for Polo? I am sure it will be less than Figo :Cheering:

Yes, it is less than Figo. It is around 5000, but mind you VW is yet to launch the diesel versions.

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add zero value to the forum. Also, your posts are terribly written and have plenty of spelling / grammatical errors. Do proof-read your posts prior to submission.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daewood (Post 1823198)
Yes, it is less than Figo. It is around 5000, but mind you VW is yet to launch the diesel versions.

Yes, agreed. But I dont think VW Polo will be much different from Petrol version. Again it will be good but not so great engine. So Ford Figo will beat Polo there with good price & proven engine. Also Polo diesel will be more costly also, IMO it will be around 6+ lacs for base model. Indian people will prefer top end of Figo there lol:

I seriously see Polo going Jazz, Fabia way. Will sell good initially but will decrease sales after 3-6 months.

Seems to be the most logical reason to me. But quite stupid also.

Why does the paint color play such an important role in the production batch. I can understand the petrol/diesel and variant mix, but color seems silly.

Yes, I do hope I get it quick. I have the money and I want my car. please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio07 (Post 1823250)
I spoke to friend in Ford about low volumes on specific colors esp squeeze, the response was that as per the demand of the color the production numbers are run. My guess is that until they have specific number of demand they will not produce that color. If White, red and black or in demand they get made earlier and probably squeeze demand has not reached the threshold. I hope it does soon and mkerala, brix get it soon. Brix is still well within his waiting period its unfortunate for mkerala, hope they do justice during the hand over of the vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brix (Post 1823286)
Why does the paint color play such an important role in the production batch. I can understand the petrol/diesel and variant mix, but color seems silly.

Well, it's all about line optimization. Read the operations management books by Chase, Aquilano and Jacobs if you are interested. I hated them when I was studying. :D

Guess the paint shop works is more complicated than I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1823367)
Well, it's all about line optimization. Read the operations management books by Chase, Aquilano and Jacobs if you are interested. I hated them when I was studying. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brix (Post 1823374)
Guess the paint shop works is more complicated than I think.

GiLead gave the answer, to put it in simple terms. You have a litre of paint for 5 cars, no point in using it for just one car. Its more complex on higher degree.:)

Yesterday I saw the first Squeeze Figo on road while driving along BTM layout. Could not make out the variant. It really stands out in the crowd and has a refreshing feel ! Much better than I felt when I saw it in showroom.

Any of the Figo owners managed to get fog lamps ? I could not get while taking delivery yesterday. Checked with dealers today, still the stock has not arrived. The lack of key hole on the boot - I too was surprised yesterday when I wanted to open the boot while standing outside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revy (Post 1823425)
The lack of key hole on the boot - I too was surprised yesterday when I wanted to open the boot while standing outside.

I have a question somewhat on similar lines as above .. would help if Figo owners clarify:

In Swift VDi, if I lock the doors using remote and unlock by turning the key in the keyhole, the alarms get triggered and contine yelling until i press the "unlock" on the remote. Haven't managed the time to read the manual about this .. but i was wondering how to unlock the car without going deaf if the battery inside the remote key runs out?!

Does Figo have similar intelligence (or lack of it)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by scanD (Post 1823462)
I have a question somewhat on similar lines as above .. would help if Figo owners clarify:

In Swift VDi, if I lock the doors using remote and unlock by turning the key in the keyhole, the alarms get triggered and contine yelling until i press the "unlock" on the remote. Haven't managed the time to read the manual about this .. but i was wondering how to unlock the car without going deaf if the battery inside the remote key runs out?!

Usually when u use remote locking and try to open it with the key, alarm goes off. If you have to shut it, then u need to disconnect the wire from the battery by opening the hood. Not sure how its in Figo

Quote:

Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban (Post 1821540)
Seems so, look at this notice board at one of Maruti dealers in BGL.

This is a marketing gimmic mainly. When Dzire was in waiting period for 6 months and the recession came in and Maruti stopped the production of one shift.

Ford Should learn from this by advertising it big. If you remember for Swift they advertized it big and said that they are making one more shift to meet the demand and they were giving Bank interest on the booking amount :)

Quote:

The security system is entirely passive. There are no sirens or flashing lights. The immobilizer is supposed to prevent theft. You cannot even start the car even if the key is duplicated because of the code mismatch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aniketi (Post 1823280)

I seriously see Polo going Jazz, Fabia way.

so you seriously see all the 4000 crores VW invested in Chakan plant
go down the drain? :D

VW will not allow that. They are growing big and already have stake in Suzuki. This will help them in A.S.S market of Polo in India. I think they may revisit the pricing of both diesel & petrol polo after some time

Quote:

No flashy sirens if you insert the key without remote unlocking it. I personally find it very irritating when this(sirens) happens in a car when people are fooling around with their keys.

However your ride cant get stolen because it has an engine immobilizer. Car thieves dont even try stealing cars that have immobilizers in them as they already have the info that this car has an immobilizer built in.

Source - A milkman turned car thief turned cab company owner. He spent 10 years in central jail & is now free & has changed for the better.