Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 17:54   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
so you seriously see all the 4000 crores VW invested in Chakan plant
go down the drain?
Can't comment on that But i dont think VW has priced the car correctly. Or i will say they have launched it with wrong engines. They dont have any USP as such to grab big market apart from there Brand Name. They need to work really really hard to get good sales numbers. Also need to bring more cars. Like Polo (sedan) with boot. There other cars are already in very high category. They may sell in some numbers but wont get much market share.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:02   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
No flashy sirens if you insert the key without remote unlocking it. I personally find it very irritating when this(sirens) happens in a car when people are fooling around with their keys.

However your ride cant get stolen because it has an engine immobilizer. Car thieves dont even try stealing cars that have immobilizers in them as they already have the info that this car has an immobilizer built in.
+1 to that. I prefer silence over any convenience associated with a sound. I manage to drive 60+ kms in Bangalore during peak traffic hours without once using the horns .. that is the kind of aversion i have with unnecessary sound.

Quote:
Source - A milkman turned car thief turned cab company owner. He spent 10 years in central jail & is now free & has changed for the better.
Pretty interesting Source there :-D .. makes me curious as to whether the 10 years was before "cab company owner" or after. ("after" seems likely, though).
Old 6th April 2010, 18:08   #1518
BANNED

@ scanD It was after he came out from tihar jail.

@Everyone who are worried about the spares cost, i dont have a list for the figo now but here is an interesting autocar article on the hard work we are trying to do to reduce spare costs for the ikon,fiesta,fusion,endeavour (petrol & diesel both for all cars). You can even find this at our showrooms in a pamphlet form.

http://bit.ly/7RK0la

PS - This is about 6 months old, some parts cost even lesser now.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 6th April 2010 at 18:16.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:28   #1519
BHPian

Chanced to see a Red LXI Figo today.. thought it looked better than the Titanium version. The black door handles and the black frame around the side indicators seemed to contribute massively. Any idea if dealership can put those black coloured parts on my Red Titanium? If so, would they charge me extra? (My perfect Figo would be: an EXI plus Electric mirror, ABS and Airbags.)
Old 6th April 2010, 18:38   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
GiLead gave the answer, to put it in simple terms. You have a litre of paint for 5 cars, no point in using it for just one car. Its more complex on higher degree.
If Ford has advertised for a specific colour (squeeze) in its brochures and media campaigns, why can't Ford simply paint a batch of squeeze cars in ALL of its variants? If it is unable to do so, then they should clearly say so upfront (like how they have stated that the red dash is not available on a particular car colour). No point in making feeble and lame excuses at a later point in time that the squeeze in a particular variant is not available because of a lack of demand.

What is a customer expected to do, when he pays then ENTIRE money upfront, only to have Ford tell him that that particular colour and variant is not available? The least Ford should do is to refund his money, if he is unwilling to opt for a different shade/variant. Giving stupid and lame excuses is the last thing that a reputed company is expected to do. All these marketing and operational manuals and strategies make little sense if customers are going to think twice before entering the Ford showroom in future.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:41   #1521
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Brix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
Chanced to see a Red LXI Figo today.. thought it looked better than the Titanium version. The black door handles and the black frame around the side indicators seemed to contribute massively. Any idea if dealership can put those black coloured parts on my Red Titanium? If so, would they charge me extra? (My perfect Figo would be: an EXI plus Electric mirror, ABS and Airbags.)
LOL ScanD you must be first person asking for something like this!

One draw back with the figo! Just saw this today.
If the boot is not closed properly the door open warning in the dash doesn't light up!
I guess this only works with the front doors? and not he boot ?

p.s
This thread is getting too big with too many replies! If I have missed anyones post please don't mind!
Old 6th April 2010, 18:52   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
If Ford has advertised for a specific colour (squeeze) in its brochures and media campaigns, why can't Ford simply paint a batch of squeeze cars in ALL of its variants? If it is unable to do so, then they should clearly say so upfront (like how they have stated that the red dash is not available on a particular car colour). No point in making feeble and lame excuses at a later point in time that the squeeze in a particular variant is not available because of a lack of demand.

What is a customer expected to do, when he pays then ENTIRE money upfront, only to have Ford tell him that that particular colour and variant is not available? The least Ford should do is to refund his money, if he is unwilling to opt for a different shade/variant. Giving stupid and lame excuses is the last thing that a reputed company is expected to do. All these marketing and operational manuals and strategies make little sense if customers are going to think twice before entering the Ford showroom in future.
dude chill, i am no representative of Ford and neither am i defending it. Heard something and passed it around for the benefit of all. So far things have been smooth for most of the people who have booked for the Figo. If you had seen through previous posts, Ford functions on build to order.
They would have created a stock based on the initial bookings, some colors are preferred as standard such as White,Black, Red and Gray whilst the others would have been in low volumes. That may be the reason for a particular color not available.
From any company point of view, they need to hit volumes to get cost. Sources tell that it takes the sales of about 10 figos to get profit whereas it just takes one fiesta to make a similar profitability.

These are my opinions only am not representing any company or marketing for any company
Old 6th April 2010, 18:56   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Thanks Brix!

If the boot is not closed properly the door open warning in the dash doesn't light up!
Oh that's news , an open boot should trigger door open warning. Is this a problem with your individual car or is it by design ? Can any one explain.
If this is by design then that is not done Ford.

@ Mustang- Why is Ford limiting customer choice of colors, can't Ford introduce some more colours like blue/Choco/maroons etc. Or Ford is sparing these colours for some upgrades in future or does it gets too complex to handle multiple colors at a time.

Can you please throw some explanation from a manufactures point of view.

Last edited by tj123 : 6th April 2010 at 19:03.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:57   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

Yeah.. funny how only I can come up with such requests. When I booked, we saw somebody else's Red car being readied for delivery.. it looked stunning. Both of us instantly zeroed in on Red. Only today i realised the difference.

Your observation is abt alert on the dash. How about the alert when driver is stepping out of the car. I remember reading that "boot open" is a separate button on the remote_key. If you press "boot open" and then "lock car", does the car indicate that the boot is open?

Last edited by scanD : 6th April 2010 at 19:10. Reason: more info
Old 6th April 2010, 19:16   #1525
BHPian

No wonder there's no Employee discount. Ford would then have to sell these cars like the Playstations(PS3). Each would be sold at a loss.

I guess when the Employee discount comes into force, the price of the car would have shot up too. This is a free for all discount.

Quote:
From any company point of view, they need to hit volumes to get cost. Sources tell that it takes the sales of about 10 figos to get profit whereas it just takes one fiesta to make a similar profitability.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:25   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
dude chill, i am no representative of Ford and neither am i defending it. Heard something and passed it around for the benefit of all. So far things have been smooth for most of the people who have booked for the Figo. If you had seen through previous posts, Ford functions on build to order.
"dude chill" to you too. I never implied for a moment that you were a "representative of Ford". That honour goes to Mustang.101. It's good that you passed on information to us all, but that does not stop me from questioning some of Ford's policies, especially when it has introduced such a great car.

In this particular case, I really feel sorry for mkerala and his bitter experience with Ford. What if someone had to book and pay 100% upfront for a Red Figo LXI Petrol, only to be told later on that it is not available and worse still. Ford themselves are not entirely sure when they would have such a car ready. Today, mkerala is such a victim. Tomorrow it could be someone else.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:26   #1527
BANNED

@ALL FIGO OWNERS : This is IMPORTANT!

Please drive your figo & on a straight road, leave the steering, Tell me if the car is moving towards the left/right & not going straight. Most probably if your car has this problem, then it will go towards the left.

A batch of cars have a steering alignment problem. It can be fixed in an hour for free at any dealership but i want to make sure that no one here has it.

Please convey to fellow figonians here.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 6th April 2010 at 19:28.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:28   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
@ALL FIGO OWNERS : This is IMPORTANT!

Please drive your figo & on a straight road, leave the steering, Tell me if the car is moving towards the left/right & not going straight. Most probably if your car has this problem, then it will go towards the left.

A batch of cars have a steering alignment problem. It can be fixed in a couple of hours for free at any dealership but i want to make sure that no one here has it.
Let me go find a straight flat stretch of road.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:40   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Most Indian roads bank to the left. This is gonna be tough to check unless the alignment is really screwed up. Even your arm starts aching when the alignment is off. And once you get it into your head that your car has an alignment problem, it's tough to let go off it even if your car does not have a problem.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:45   #1530
BANNED

@Gilead : One can point his vehicle slightly to the right & see if it starts to straighten/ turn towards left. This can be done, Also arms will ache if this is a problem but takes some time to realise that.

Most Viewed