Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 16:55   #1636
Senior - BHPian

We have enough reviews on the Ritz (P) giving 14-16 in city and 18-20 on highway. Swift K series should be a tad better due to the lesser weight and more areodynamic design.

Edit: I meant 15 kmpl overall not city.

With new gen motors, a combined FE (city+highway averaged) of 15 kmpl should be the norm for a 1.2 litre petrol engine. The Maruti twins, Chevy Beat and the Honda Jazz, IMO, provide FE above this norm.

Last edited by longhorn : 8th April 2010 at 17:04.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:57   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I don't know what the milage of Figo is.

But your comment above is imho missing out on the greatest cost of car ownership.

It is not just the fuel economy.

Assume Price of petrol at 60 Rs a liter.
Cost per km for 14 kmpl: 4.28
Cost per km for 12 kmpl: 5

Most petrol cars are driven around 10k kms a year.
Anything more and you are better of buying a diesel.

So the car with lesser milage costs you an extra 8,000 a year.
or 660 Rs a month.

This was calculated at Rs 60 per liter of petrol.
For actual petrol price the difference will be lesser.

Most cars are owned for 5 years.
So overall extra money spent on fuel is 40k.

That is just a fraction of the amount lost in depreciation.

Do not reject a car outright just because it gives a km or 2 less than the best in category for milage.
Very true! A diesel car costs 1 lakh more upfront. For a person who travels about 10KM very year like my self, It will take about 5 years just to break even with that 1 Lakh extra I'm paying.
Also calculate the interest 15-20% yearly you could get on the 1 lakh (which you save by buying a petrol car) by putting it some stock or mutual funds.
For people like myself diesel car makes no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
If you are looking at an F.E atleast 15km/l in city you surely should go with the K Series Engine. Its a real good engine. Though i'm not sure about 15 in city i'm sure its one of the best from Maruti Stable.
Very true. The swift gives about 14 in the city with AC.
The figo gives about 11.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 8th April 2010 at 17:01.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:11   #1638
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

Very true. The swift gives about 14 in the city with AC.
The figo gives about 11.
After the intial excitement and hype over. FIGO Petrol will struggle to get of the showroom with mileage of 11. In the long run the FIGO Diesel would sell more. The Maruti K- Series engine and the new Wagon R expected this month would give a much better figure in terms of mileage.

Also if you notice the new FIGO AD on TV, they are highlighting the compatible music system with mobile phone. These are all initial gimmicks which would die down after the intial hype. At least i feel you should not talk and drive at the same time.... Surely heavens would not fall if you pull aside and finish your call... many accidents happen due to driving and talking on mobile simultaneously..

Last edited by SCH : 8th April 2010 at 17:12.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:11   #1639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
What do you think is the FE of the K Series Swift and Ritz in the city? Even an Alto will return only 13-14. My M800 which is in an excellent condition gives only 12 in the city.
My Alto has always given me 18-19 kmpl (90 p.c city & 10 p.c highway) here in Goa. For me, a difference of 6-7 kmpl is BIG for the wallet and mind. Figo diesel is the best option for me.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:13   #1640
RGK
Senior - BHPian

<<<My M800 which is in an excellent condition gives only 12 in the city>>>

@Gilead - From day one my M800 gave 16km & 20km in city & highway without A/c.
With A/c I got 14km & 17.8km respectively. I tested this in another 800. I got the same figures more or less. Both are serviced in the same Service centre handled by a same mechanic. But both are carburetor models and not MPFI. 12km by M800 is relatively low.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:19   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
12km by M800 is relatively low.
It's low but that's all it gives in crowded city drives. The car's in a great condition and I don't drive with my foot on the clutch etc. It's never been driven without AC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
My Alto has always given me 18-19 kmpl (90 p.c city & 10 p.c highway) here in Goa. For me, a difference of 6-7 kmpl is BIG for the wallet and mind. Figo diesel is the best option for me.
That's good for you. But I repeat again that if you need 15, you need a 3 cyl petrol or a diesel.

The ARAI figures are 15 and 20 respectively for the Figo petrol and diesel. But this won't hold up in real life conditions. 12-13 and 15-16 would be more realistic.

Last edited by Gilead : 8th April 2010 at 17:27.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:22   #1642
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a decent mileage which is expected of a small car. So far not heard about Figo diesel mileage on flat roads in both city & highway
Old 8th April 2010, 17:24   #1643
BHPian

I never got more than 15kmpl for my Alto. It was always between 12 and 14 kmpl. Maybe it's the terrain, maybe it's my driving style. Compared to that, 16+ on the diesel Figo is pretty decent.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:28   #1644
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
It's low but that's all it gives in crowded city drives. The car's in a great condition and I don't drive with my foot on the clutch etc.
Try fuelling at TVS at whites road. Check the Dwell, RPM & Timing. I think it will improve.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:57   #1645
BANNED

I Think we should stop with petrol Vs diesel thing, Theres a thread for that & limit the discussions to the figo only & lets not go
Old 8th April 2010, 18:04   #1646
BHPian

Guys, the debate between petrol and diesel is never ending. Since there is a difference of 90 to 100k between the prices, I suggest have a look at this post. I did this and chose a petrol as it made sense for me.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1784011

It will clear your doubts,
now lets get back to Ford Figo discussions.
Old 8th April 2010, 18:13   #1647
Senior - BHPian

I guess Ford had never mentioned mileage as a selling point at any of thier campaign. They only talk about the space and other utilities that one derives out of the car.

Well if the car would succed or not is something that time will tell. The utility one derivies out of the car is something more not just restricted to the amount of pennies that he would be saving from the milage of the car.

Quote:
Well @misquitas, if you belive you are not satisfied with the mileage then please dont go for Figo, there is no requirement to emphatically state that in every post. Just my opinion. No one is forcing you to buy Figo petrol this is not the Figo marketing thread.
Old 8th April 2010, 18:56   #1648
BHPian

Here's a cartoon from within Ford itself explaining the concept of why it takes so long to deliver a Figo. Build to Order.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-made_to_order.jpg  

Old 8th April 2010, 19:05   #1649
BHPian

Why is that bunk so famous? Do you really see a marked difference in FE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Try fuelling at TVS at whites road. Check the Dwell, RPM & Timing. I think it will improve.
I agree. No need to mention it if you're not happy with the car.
I hate Hummers - they give so less FE. Get my drift !

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I guess Ford had never mentioned mileage as a selling point at any of thier campaign. They only talk about the space and other utilities that one derives out of the car.

Well if the car would succed or not is something that time will tell. The utility one derivies out of the car is something more not just restricted to the amount of pennies that he would be saving from the milage of the car.

Well @misquitas, if you belive you are not satisfied with the mileage then please dont go for Figo, there is no requirement to emphatically state that in every post. Just my opinion. No one is forcing you to buy Figo petrol this is not the Figo marketing thread.
Old 8th April 2010, 19:12   #1650
BHPian

One more - and this is proof that Ford takes the TBHP Forum seriously.

See Point 9. Guess thats GTO's name.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-10_reasons1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-10_reasons2.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks