Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 13:21   #1816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
why dont you see that post again? you should maybe read more carefully, the reason is mentioned there! I dont need to avoid petty questions like those.
Sir,that is not fair.
Your initial post didn't have the answer.
You added it later by editing.
After seeing that i removed my comment.

Anyway thanks for the explanation about the missing bumpers.

Last edited by Daewood : 10th April 2010 at 13:23.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:25   #1817
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@Mustang - I will do that and update.
@mkerala - Try exploring to set up a woofer in the boot, but needs lot of wiring which needs opening of door pads, etc. Is not Pioneer better than Sony - i think you know better than me...
That exploring will void my warranty.

Also i don't think that music system support a woofer, also woofer takes a good amount of power, definitely will damage the car.

I don't know much about car audio systems. But have seen people with xplod rock and roll through the road. Also i have a Sony Ericson's phone with Sony mega bass head set. Its a absolute bass maker.

Also i have a Sony 5.1 home theater. Which is the best sound system i have seen in my life. I think no one can stand to Sony's sound quality.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:29   #1818
Senior - BHPian

mkerala, anything extra you do on the car will technically void the warranty, but it's very rarely enforced. Almost every Ford car that I know if has some accessories that void warranty but I have never come across anyone facing warranty issues because of that. You go ahead and get a sub woofer if you want, but get an amp as well. In fact I would suggest you forget about subs and get an amp and components speakers in the front instead. They will make a HUGE difference. Listen to the OEM ICE for week before deciding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I think no one can stand to Sony's sound quality.
That's just a mass market perception. Sony makes average home theater systems and absolutely lousy car audio systems. Stop by the ICE section to get more suggestions.

Last edited by Gilead : 10th April 2010 at 13:31.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:30   #1819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That exploring will void my warranty.

Also i don't think that music system support a woofer, also woofer takes a good amount of power, definitely will damage the car.

I don't know much about car audio systems. But have seen people with xplod rock and roll through the road. Also i have a Sony Ericson's phone with Sony mega bass head set. Its a absolute bass maker.

Also i have a Sony 5.1 home theater. Which is the best sound system i have seen in my life. I think no one can stand to Sony's sound quality.
Its best that you keep your car stock. Don't mess around with the wiring. It will lead to troubles. The shops in Kerala they just want to collect money and finish off their job. No professionals around. Messy electicals will cost a bomb to repair.

W.R.T. to music systems Sony is not that good. You should check out JBL and Bose.

Last edited by longhorn : 10th April 2010 at 13:32.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:31   #1820
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
A car looks much better with the least amount of bumper in it
While it may be aesthetically pleasing (Infact, i love the figo looks from the rear. Somewhat like the focus hatch IMO), this looks a bit too close to provide any real safety (Please note that Gemi (IFRC) has pointed out the same with a pic.

Isn't that (safety) what its primary purpose is meant to be?

For example, many people were concerned with the front bumpers, but there seems to be (dog) bar behind it acting as the real protection. Any such stuff provided for the rear bumper?
Old 10th April 2010, 13:34   #1821
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Its best that you keep your car stock. Don't mess around with the wiring. It will lead to troubles. The shops in Kerala they just want to collect money and finish off their job. No professionals around. Messy electicals will cost a bomb to repair.

W.R.T. to music systems Sony is not that good. You should check out JBL and Bose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
mkerala, anything extra you do on the car will technically void the warranty, but it's very rarely enforced. Almost every Ford car that I know if has some accessories that void warranty but I have never come across anyone facing warranty issues because of that. You go ahead and get a sub woofer if you want, but get an amp as well. In fact I would suggest you forget about subs and get an amp and components speakers in the front instead. They will make a HUGE difference. Listen to the OEM ICE for week before deciding.

That's just a mass market perception. Sony makes average home theater systems and absolutely lousy car audio systems. Stop by the ICE section to get more suggestions.
I will do any extra only after the warranty period.

About the home theater, I only liked the sound effect and quality, system has very few feature(Even cannot play video or anything other than mp3 in usb).
Old 10th April 2010, 13:42   #1822
BANNED

Quote:
Get your Ford ready for the summer with a FREE check-up at your nearest Ford dealership.
With our expert technicians giving your car the care it deserves, making it through the Summer will be a worry no longer.
At the Ford Summer Check-up Camp, your car will get
A 50-point check with special attention given to the A/C and cooling systems
Free top-up on A/C gas and coolant
15% off on any repairs identified during the camp
10% off on Waxoyl Car Care treatment
Lucky draw for 3 Waxoyl Car Care treatments* to be won everyday!
Please contact your nearest Ford dealer to understand when the camp is happening in your city!
Ford - Ford Summer Check-up Camp

Nice work by ford. Its a very essential in summer.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:43   #1823
BANNED

Quote:
Excited to know about his terrorist model attack in the dealership. Hope dealer had some good defense against him.

Even Bosch is on strike.

My rented house occupant has a fiesta limited edition in my car pooch. Its the same MRF. So did ford cancel all contracts with MRF? Great loss to MRF.

MRF do has a small factory in the near by town here. At the first time they where making balloons, then changed to cycle tyre, now vehicle. I think Apollo also has a factory near Cochin.

Bridgestone is the worlds number one tyre manufacture, they are from japan.

Please see below the first service costs of figo from joe

The 2500 km service cost - (prices include tax)

Wash Fluid Pouch - Rs 55
Oil Filter - Rs 342
Engine oil - Rs 829
Labour and services - Rs 0.00
VAT - Rs 86
Total : Rs 1312

Can someone compare with maruti, so we can analyse the cost of ownership.

He got 40% discount when service guy lost the caps of his alloy.
I think it is a limited time offer, so hurry up.

O'h man this thread is going mad. 3 pages within 3 hours. How can i read all this? I wonder how does all of you going for work manage it? I am having holiday now so can manage. Only few days ago it crossed 2000 posts, now about 2500.
Not sure about the diesel, but my Ritz first service cost me about Rs 15 to 20. I gues funnyguru owns a diesel Ritz and he can help here.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:53   #1824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Not sure about the diesel, but my Ritz first service cost me about Rs 15 to 20. I gues funnyguru owns a diesel Ritz and he can help here.
My Fiesta petrol first service costed me ZERO. Consumables are charged in free services. Only the labor is free.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:55   #1825
Distinguished - BHPian

Are you guys getting the 3rd Year Ext Warranty as free if you are in their Corporate list?

My friend works for Wipro and it was free for him.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:56   #1826
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
A big +1 to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
While it may be aesthetically pleasing (Infact, i love the figo looks from the rear. Somewhat like the focus hatch IMO), this looks a bit too close to provide any real safety (Please note that Gemi (IFRC) has pointed out the same with a pic.

Isn't that (safety) what its primary purpose is meant to be?

For example, many people were concerned with the front bumpers, but there seems to be (dog) bar behind it acting as the real protection. Any such stuff provided for the rear bumper?
Bumpers dont provide any actual safety, at most in a small kiss it might protect your tailgate, The real safety is provided by the front & rear impact beam located behind these bumpers & the general structure of the body.

If it(smaller bumpers) were hampering safety, then many of the sports cars of the world wont be having it.

The bumper design is purely for aesthetic purposes, <---- period

@joe,gemi,mkerala : Usually in 1st service of diesel engines of ford, consumable are not changed & hence it costs ZERO, but for figo it is being done as you wont be visiting the service centre again in 9-12 months (whatever that is)

My 1st & 2nd fusion+ TDCI service together costed me a whopping ZERO rupees. but these were after 1 month & 3 months of purchasing the car. fusion TDCI requires service twice a year & figo TDCI once a year.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 10th April 2010 at 14:01.
Old 10th April 2010, 14:07   #1827
BHPian

About the Small Car Comparo in CAR India... Apr 2010 issue

I picked up the Apr 2010 issue of CAR India as it had a shootout among all the B segment hatchbacks. Fine, whatever conclusion they reached, but there was one particular statement which got my goat.

It was regarding the Ford Figo: (on Page 69) "...This is an older design as well, and unlike the Polo and the i20, the Figo has not been optimized for the latest crash standards."

Now, the Figo being based on the 2002 Ford Fiesta, has achieved a EuroNCAP score of 4 stars, (Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Ford Fiesta) which isn't bad. The Swift, Ritz, Beat, Fabia all achieve 4 stars. And the the i20, Punto, and Polo achieve 5 stars (at least the tested in Europe versions do).

I feel CAR India, but that one statement, and not researching the fact that the Figo has been crash tested (in Fiesta hatch avatar), have made a sweeping statement which could potentially put off buyers. Just for the record, according to EuroNCAP, the A-Star (which had excellent export figures), has achieved only 3 stars. So the statement that a more recent, optimized for Europe car is safe, is utter balderdash.
Old 10th April 2010, 15:00   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Boy, you should have paid attention while you were in school. I think you have never come across the word 'forecasting' . It means forseeing the future with a reasonable degree of accuracy based on past imperical evidence.

How do you think manufacturers decide how the production capacity of their plant? After all, the market demand will only be known once they start selling the product in the market. Do you think they go to some crystal ball gazer, pay him some money to get the numbers and then build their plant capacity accordingly?

It doesn't take rocket science to predict that Figo's resale value 5 years down the line, will be lesser than a Swift's. As far as the Indian market is concerned, other things being equal, a Japanese product will have the best resale value, followed by Korean. European, American and Indian bring up the bottom.
WOW!
Ok, let's consider the ex-showroom prices of chennai as per mfgr website:
MARUTI SWIFT ZXI (BHARAT STAGE IV) 526552/-
Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol Titanium 442900/-
Difference in Year 2010 : 83652/-
OTR price difference will be closer to a lakh taking into consideration Insurance/Regn etc.

Going by the method of "forecasting" taught at my school, (though I don;t remember anything they taught at school, let alone forecasting...BTW in which class at school level, this "forecasting" is taught), I can forecast with a reasonable degree of accuracy and most conservative of gauranteed investment options avlbl as of today to end up almost doubling this 100K at the end of 5 yrs.

Fast Forward to 2014/15:
Swift purchased today will be closer to a decade old model (or will it be more?) Figo's age will be half of swift. Swifts resale value must be at least 200K more than Figo at this point in time. I don't know which model of forecasting will guarantee this difference in resale value?

Considering the above, personally I will prefer to have full control on my 100K saved and use it as I want, rather than ponder over uncertain resale value 5 yrs down the line. By that time, the owner will have moved upwards socially to really care about a few '000 difference.
==========
Talking of production capacity planning, Swift has 4-6 months waiting period. That's seems to me not very reasonable forecasting of market demand. Guess they actually took the input from a crystalball gazer!
==========

Now don't get me wrong. I am not trying to promote or defend any brand here. Personally, I have only owned/driven Ford cars. Do I want them to succeed? Emphatically Yes...I want Ford to be around for supporting my Fiesta. Do I want Maruti to fail? Vehemently No. Nationalistic sentiments aside, after all this is company which is keeping all others on their toes..at least for now!

I rest my case. Let the Figo thread be for Figo & let Figo enjoy her moment in the limelight as of now.

Last edited by sanjayc : 10th April 2010 at 15:01.
Old 10th April 2010, 15:02   #1829
BANNED

Got a call and email from ford regarding delivery.

Quote:
Dear Mr.Tharun Jacob George,

This is subsequent to our earlier correspondence regarding your concern of new vehicle delivery,

We understand from our dealership that they have contacted you & intimated on the receipt of the vehicle.Further to our telecon,we wish to inform you that our dealership would contact your goodself regarding the delivery formalities .We had instructed our dealership to provide necessary assistance to you in this regard.

Ford India welcomes you to the Ford family, a family that consists of millions of Ford enthusiasts, across the world.

We wish you a great drive as you embark on an exciting journey with your new car.

Please feel free to contact Mr.Sujith / us for any further assistance.

Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.
Regards,

K.A.Saravanan
FIL - Customer Relations
Old 10th April 2010, 15:05   #1830
Senior - BHPian

mkerala, I still don't see any dates in that email. Are they still yanking you around or what? Has the car indeed arrived at the dealer?

Last edited by Gilead : 10th April 2010 at 15:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks