Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 09:31   #2251
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone getting above 16km/l in city driving conditions from the Figo TDCi?

Just want to know since one of my friends told me yesterday that he knows someone who told that he is getting close to 18 in city!!!
Old 30th April 2010, 10:26   #2252
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Is anyone getting above 16km/l in city driving conditions from the Figo TDCi?

Just want to know since one of my friends told me yesterday that he knows someone who told that he is getting close to 18 in city!!!
As said umpteen time that FE depends on many factors like driving style, traffic situation, distance you cover at times, tyre pressure etc.
I drive Linea 1.4 and also Wagon R, you will not believe that Linea gives better mileage than Wagon R.
Here is my 400 km fuel average. drive was half full city traffic and half nonstop highway. Mileage is 17kmpl from petrol car and that too heavy.
This was possible with light foot and sedate driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc00028.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc00029.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc00030.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by jacksons : 30th April 2010 at 10:36.
Old 30th April 2010, 10:44   #2253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank dude.I still cant understand why my dealer is asking Rs.1300 for the front chrome grille

My fifth tank fill also shows me a mileage of around 14.5 km. So i guess F.E figures dont seem to be favouring the Figo TDCI atleast for now.

As reported by fellow Bhpians it seems that both TDCI & Petrol Figos's are giving lower than expected FE figures. I am now bit concerned about my choice, especially when government is going to raise fuel prices once again, this time the fuel cost rise will be quite hefty.

TOI Article Link :- FM-led panel to take call on fuel price deregulation - India - The Times of India

A fuel price rise and lower than expected FE figures will definitely hurt the Figo sales rate in coming days.
Old 30th April 2010, 11:05   #2254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Any idea if the is a boot on the ouside (the firewall side)

If the boot is not necessary then why do 95% of the cars have it? Pretty sure the Fiesta has one too.
Didn't check the firewall side, but my Fiesta doesn't have the rubber covering over the steering column in the footwell.
Old 30th April 2010, 12:23   #2255
Team-BHP Support

Saw a red Figo in chennai. First time i am seeing one in red! I change my statement about white being the best colour for Figo!

If I were to buy, it would be a red Figo!

The shade looked a lot richer than in pics! Felt a little orangish tone in pics- like the Punto red. However in real, i felt Figo is a deeper shade (Better IMO).
Quote:
Is anyone getting above 16km/l in city driving conditions from the Figo TDCi?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
A fuel price rise and lower than expected FE figures will definitely hurt the Figo sales rate in coming days.
Isn't 16km/l impressive by any standards?
Old 30th April 2010, 12:28   #2256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Saw a red Figo in chennai. First time i am seeing one in red! I change my statement about white being the best colour for Figo!

The shade looked a lot richer than in pics! Felt a little orangish tone in pics- like the Punto red. However in real, i felt Figo is a deeper shade (Better IMO).

16Kmpl is an acceptable number not a great, but lot of fellow members have reported figures low as 12Kmpl which is unacceptable.
The petrol Figo FE reported in forums is around 10.5 kmpl that really low by any standards.
I understand that all Figos are currently new and mostly under run-in condition.

I will be happy to see better FE figures.

Last edited by tj123 : 30th April 2010 at 12:33.
Old 30th April 2010, 12:31   #2257
BHPian

Quote:
Indeed! Same is the case with Palio's Ferrari red, all these bright red colors look bit orangish in pics, not sure why.
Old 30th April 2010, 12:54   #2258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
16Kmpl is an acceptable number not a great, but lot of fellow members have reported figures low as 12Kmpl which is unacceptable.
The petrol Figo FE reported in forums is around 10.5 kmpl that really low by any standards.
I understand that all Figos are currently new and mostly under run-in condition.

Yes. 16 is acceptable. But most here are getting around 12-14 from the TDCi with full city drives. 15 comes with mixed highway driving only. Thats why i asked.
Old 30th April 2010, 12:55   #2259
BHPian

Airbags, ABS and EBD for Figo Query.

I have gone ahead and booked a Titanium Figo. I needed the following information. I don't see a lot of initial cost difference between the titanium and Zxi and that's why i am going with Titanium. I saw a few threads on relevance of the airbags and ABS in india but none of them seemed to very conclusive.

How does the system know when to deploy the airbags? Will they be deployed for small collisions? For eg consider a scenario where the car hits a cow. Not a very serious collision but still there is a big dent in the front. Will the airbags deploy in this case?

For the same collision what will be the repair cost differential for an Airbag and a non airbag car.

If a smaller adult(say 5 ft in heigt) or a child is sitting in the passenger seat will airbags do any good?

Will airbags ever accidentally deploy due to faulty electronics in monsoon or in high dust conditions or something?
Old 30th April 2010, 13:43   #2260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Its just the apollo batch was defective and they terminated the contract, i got the apollo ones, called Customer care regarding left pull, they immediately responded and changed the tyres to Good Year.

Update: Goodyear GPS 2 and not GT3 for me
Thanks for the info Scorpio, so the Apollos are to be replaced only if you find the car pulling to the left. My cousin also says that you have to use the 1st and the 2nd gears a lot in the city which affects driveability. I wonder why thats the case as the TDCI engine was supposed to be lag free. Or is something with the gear ratios? And that may be the reason behind the lower than expected FE being reported?

Last edited by coldice4u : 30th April 2010 at 13:45.
Old 30th April 2010, 15:21   #2261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. 16 is acceptable. But most here are getting around 12-14 from the TDCi with full city drives. 15 comes with mixed highway driving only. Thats why i asked.
That might be because most of the folks reporting low FE from the TDCi were driving petrol cars earlier. I feel its a matter of getting used or learn driving diesels.

I drive my friend's Linea MJD which usually returns an average of 18KMPL+ on the highway. I couldn't extract anything beyond 14KMPL on the highway. I stay in the lower gears of the diesel for a longer time like I do in my Petrol car.

Take some tips on driving turbo powered diesels, get accustomed to the driving style and I am sure there will be lot of smiling faces here
Old 30th April 2010, 16:15   #2262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Thanks for the info Scorpio, so the Apollos are to be replaced only if you find the car pulling to the left. My cousin also says that you have to use the 1st and the 2nd gears a lot in the city which affects driveability. I wonder why thats the case as the TDCI engine was supposed to be lag free. Or is something with the gear ratios? And that may be the reason behind the lower than expected FE being reported?
you dont use 1st that much but second would suffice, only in bumper- to bumper its a problem, again we need to let the engine set it. I hope that would improve FE (my view)
Old 30th April 2010, 16:22   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevilslair View Post
The Titanium Pack seems to be a cool deal. Just have a couple of questions:-
1. Would they offer the titanium pack on a ZXI / EXI (wonder what should stop them from doing so)

2. If we go for alloy wheels alone, do they give the net cost ? (i mean do they charge us : Cost of new alloy wheels - cost of "almost unused" ordinary wheels)

nevertheless the titanium pack seems an awesome deal... would perhaps go for that.
I don't see any reason they cannot provide the Titanium Pack for EXi or ZXi. No idea why it's called a Titanium Pack though.

Regarding alloy wheels, its a good point. I think the pricing is just for the Alloys.

Quote:
Thank dude.I still cant understand why my dealer is asking Rs.1300 for the front chrome grille.

My fifth tank fill also shows me a mileage of around 14.5 km. So i guess F.E figures dont seem to be favouring the Figo TDCI atleast for now.
You should ask him what all he is giving free with it.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
That might be because most of the folks reporting low FE from the TDCi were driving petrol cars earlier. I feel its a matter of getting used or learn driving diesels.
Point 1
The Fuel Efficiency of a car completely depends on the person driving, where he is from, what's his weight, what kind of mind-frame he in and so on. The Fusion 1.6 I drive gives me a constant 11 - 12 with AC almost always on in the City. Many would consider that to be very high. It also gives near about 18 on the highway even after 5 years.

But there is a catch. If at all the car is driven impatiently, trying to hit 0 to 100 in 11 seconds at every signal, the FE drops to as low as 6. Now for that, you can't really blame the car. This also means that it moves like a Bat out of Hell.

Point 2
People used to driving Petrol cars rarely use the torque which is available in a diesel at low RPMs. As a result they will get bad FE figures until they get used to the car. The same motor is known to give 18 on Some Fusions I know of, given that it should work miracles in the Figo.

Point 3
The Petrol Figo is underpowered and pushing it hard will not result in any miracles. But that might make people impatient in traffic and keep the pedal constantly floored.
Old 30th April 2010, 16:42   #2264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
If a smaller adult(say 5 ft in heigt) or a child is sitting in the passenger seat will airbags do any good?
Children below the age of 5 should be in a Front Facing Child Seat.
Children below the age of 18 months should be in a Rear Facing Child Seat.
To adjust height of kids using seat belts, use a commonly market available Booster Pillow.

I don't think any car company recommends having children on the front passenger seat. Same for many countries as well. Although we invariably land up doing the same. The airbag should be set to "off" if there is a Kid in a rear facing child seat strapped to the Front Passenger Seat.

Not clear what should be the case with front facing seats.

Does Figo have a Passenger Side Airbag Off Switch?
Old 30th April 2010, 17:54   #2265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post

Point 1
The Fuel Efficiency of a car completely depends on the person driving, where he is from, what's his weight, what kind of mind-frame he in and so on. The Fusion 1.6 I drive gives me a constant 11 - 12 with AC almost always on in the City. Many would consider that to be very high. It also gives near about 18 on the highway even after 5 years.

But there is a catch. If at all the car is driven impatiently, trying to hit 0 to 100 in 11 seconds at every signal, the FE drops to as low as 6. Now for that, you can't really blame the car. This also means that it moves like a Bat out of Hell.

Point 2
People used to driving Petrol cars rarely use the torque which is available in a diesel at low RPMs. As a result they will get bad FE figures until they get used to the car. The same motor is known to give 18 on Some Fusions I know of, given that it should work miracles in the Figo.

Point 3
The Petrol Figo is underpowered and pushing it hard will not result in any miracles. But that might make people impatient in traffic and keep the pedal constantly floored.

I have extracted 10.5 in full city driving from my adventure 1.6. I have usually get 10-5-11 in city on our fusion 1.6. On highways the maximum i have got from the adventure is 16 and the fusion is 18.

Would love to get some tips on how the diesel should be driven. I try to keep it within the 1400-2100 range Gear changes happen at around 2k rpm in city. ON highways i change gears just under 3K rpm and drive at speeds of around 80-100 except very very rarely where i go above 100.

Guru's Please do post the Do's and Dont's for the TDCi engine specifically.

Last edited by gemithomas : 30th April 2010 at 17:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks