Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 02:44   #226
BHPian

nice car. Pretty big IMHO. Should sell well if price is right
Old 1st February 2010, 11:00   #227
BHPian

Lets play the pricing game.
- I guess Figo 1.2 will start between 3.6 - 3.7L ex-showroom and

- Figo 1.4 TDCI might start from 4.6-4.7L ex-showroom and top-end consisting of ABS+EBD and Airbags should be around 5.6-5.7L ex-showroom.

Swift D starts from 4.9 Ex and Ritz D at 4.8 Ex, incomparison to both, Figo seems to be better allround package and coming at 4.7L for base should be good pricing.

Folks, What do you think is good pricing for Figo ?
Old 1st February 2010, 11:04   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Lets play the pricing game.
- I guess Figo 1.2 will start between 3.6 - 3.7L ex-showroom and

- Figo 1.4 TDCI might start from 4.6-4.7L ex-showroom and top-end consisting of ABS+EBD and Airbags should be around 5.6-5.7L ex-showroom.

Swift D starts from 4.9 Ex and Ritz D at 4.8 Ex, incomparison to both, Figo seems to be better allround package and coming at 4.7L for base should be good pricing.

Folks, What do you think is good pricing for Figo ?
Hopefully there won't won't we a lakh separating the diesel and petrol models. I would say that the base diesel should start at 4.2 - 4.3 (a 60-65K premium), Ford has the volumes advantage in terms of the 1.4D being in production for quite a while and powering the ikon, the Fiesta and the Fusion over the years.
Old 1st February 2010, 11:16   #229
BHPian

Excellent review GTO. The design of AirCon controls seem to be old. Ford could have refurnished the dash board colour or else given an option of some other colour to the customer to choose. Time is a best teacher for the manufacturer.
Old 1st February 2010, 12:27   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Hopefully there won't won't we a lakh separating the diesel and petrol models. I would say that the base diesel should start at 4.2 - 4.3 (a 60-65K premium), Ford has the volumes advantage in terms of the 1.4D being in production for quite a while and powering the ikon, the Fiesta and the Fusion over the years.
Recently read an article in DNA about Petrol prices going to be freed.
i.e petrol prices will be governed by crude oil market fluctuations worldwide.

Mostly diesel prices will still be subsidised and controlled by oil ministry.

In such a scenario will we see people flocking to buy diesel cars even in the small car segment?
and will we soon see Diesel Altos and Diesel Santros?
Old 1st February 2010, 12:43   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Recently read an article in DNA about Petrol prices going to be freed.
i.e petrol prices will be governed by crude oil market fluctuations worldwide.

Mostly diesel prices will still be subsidised and controlled by oil ministry.

In such a scenario will we see people flocking to buy diesel cars even in the small car segment?

Good point but I also read somewhere that the Govt. is planning to remove subsidy component on diesel for passenger cars.
I was wondering how will they do that, it can create a black market kind of scenario if pumps starts to siphon diesel meant for commercial vehicle to passenger cars.

A one time diesel subsidy cess is also not ruled out. I guess then the diesel advantage will be lost.

I am sure the oil ministry is has eye on the diesel car sales number.
Old 1st February 2010, 12:56   #232
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
Ford is being thrashed for its policy of releasing vehicles at higher prices and then cutting down the prices drastically and launching limited editions of their models (as in the recent case of Fiesta).
In fact i appreciate Ford for passing some benefit onto the customers at some point.
I'm sure you'd appreciate it even more if the Fiesta was priced correctly from day one? My point is : When you price a car high, only to reduce it after 2 - 3 years, that has a negative effect on the brand and resale value. Not to mention the ire of customers who originally paid the higher price.

Again, why not price it correctly from day one? I've only seen Ford & GM follow this practice in India (with few other car-specific examples).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
excuse for this noobie question, but does Pete's increase rev range too?
Nope, the petes box does NOT increase revv range. To know more about what diesel tuning boxes actually do, click here. And while at it, here is another interesting read on tuning boxes versus remaps (remaps can increase the revv range in petrols). Many diesels don't even have a revv limiter. They simply run out of breath anywhere between 3,500 - 5,000 rpms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Aren't these wheelcaps likely to fly off even at the slightest nudge? Some cars come with the wheelcaps that can be bolted along with the wheel. I think they are better.
Same wheelcaps as the Fiesta. Don't recollect any Fiesta owners complaining of them flying off.

Quote:
Think about the hot Indian summer. The more the glass, the more baking power!
Well, a pro & con to either situation. A larger greenhouse has more benefits (airy interiors, safety due to superior vision etc.) than negatives. Plus, the Figo's air-con (especially in the diesel) is A+.

Quote:
Isn't it too short for a low-slung car? 2-something inch for a person who stands 5'10 in his socks is not much. Definitely the roof is not high enough.
Was sufficient really. I had my apprehensions before trying it out, but as I found out, the sloping roof doesn't lead to any issues with rear bench headroom. This also has to do with the low slung seats (read comments on the low stance in my review).

Quote:
Please throw some light on these. Which cars?
I believe the i10 is one such example.

Quote:
My Innova has convex. After using Palio for city rides, I started liking the plain mirror. It's more convenient to reverse into tight parking space.
The primary purpose of a mirror is to keep an eye on the traffic behind (over helping you park). And in its primary role, convex mirrors do a far better job by covering a wider area of the road behind, thereby reducing blindspots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
The small car buyer is anyways showing his preference toward diesels, as has been increasingly demonstrated via B segment sales of the last 3 years. On a related note, a diesel hatchback contributed substantially to the Indica's early success. Except for the Uno, the Indica didn't really have any competition. How things have changed
Old 1st February 2010, 13:03   #233
BANNED

Quote:
I second your thought on pricing. A lakh difference is too much for buyers for small car and as percentage wise also not feasible.
It should be 3.75 for base petrol and 4.35 for base diesel IMO.
Old 1st February 2010, 13:21   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
You have Maruti produced MJD running in Swift, Ritz and Dzire. I guess they have much bigger volumes advantage to price their Diesel cars much cheaper. I dont see any reason Ford alone being able to price it cheap. Infact, Figo D is a highly competent car and one shud not be surprised even if it is priced around Swift Diesels price.
Old 1st February 2010, 14:23   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
You have Maruti produced MJD running in Swift, Ritz and Dzire. I guess they have much bigger volumes advantage to price their Diesel cars much cheaper. I dont see any reason Ford alone being able to price it cheap. Infact, Figo D is a highly competent car and one shud not be surprised even if it is priced around Swift Diesels price.
Maruti is scamming us with the Diesels, the same engine in Tata/Fiat is around 50,000 Rs cheaper. I wouldn't use Maruti as a benchmark. Hope Ford prices are more in line with Palio/Indica than Maruti.
Old 1st February 2010, 15:10   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
I second your thought on pricing. A lakh difference is too much for buyers for small car and as percentage wise also not feasible.
It should be 3.75 for base petrol and 4.35 for base diesel IMO.

Going by Beat pricing Ford will definitely try to match GM.
I guess that the base petrol will cost around 3.45-3.6 lacs & base diesel will be something close to 4.2-4.4 lacs.
Old 1st February 2010, 15:19   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys

A humble request. Lets not turn this thread into a "Guess the price of the Figo" thread. It will take us nowhere. Wait for a few more weeks and the price is going to be announced, right?
Old 1st February 2010, 15:46   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Guys

A humble request. Lets not turn this thread into a "Guess the price of the Figo" thread. It will take us nowhere. Wait for a few more weeks and the price is going to be announced, right?
. You are right. I totally agree with you.
Old 1st February 2010, 16:09   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
. You are right. I totally agree with you.
On the contrary lets instituionalize an Award (Like Free T-BHP sticker) for the guy who can make the best judicious guess on Figo 1.2 Petrol and 1.4 Diesel. Afterall we have been doing the same guessing game for all other cars as well, it doesn't change a thing anyways.,

Just kidding
Old 1st February 2010, 16:24   #240
BHPian

I think the pricing is out on Rediff portal.
Price range expected from Rs.3.5 Lakhs to Rs. 5 Lakhs - This range is for both petrol as well as diesel hatches.

My take petrol will be from Rs.3.5 Lakhs to Rs. 4.3 Lakhs and for Diesel models it may be from Rs. 4.1 Lakh to Rs. 5 Lakh

If the above is true, then Ford has a popular hatch in its hand.
No official word from Ford India yet.

Most Viewed