Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 10:04   #2461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Its like that in the fusion TDCi also, You have to shift to 1st if you want to cross a large speed breaker comfortably.
Well its unhealthy and unrealistic to expect any engine to be comfortable in any gear if the speeds have dropped below the recommended speeds. Figo's manual suggests 2nd gear to be used only after 12 kmph. I believe those figures are a bit too optimistic as it also suggests 5th gear be engaged after 44kmph.

My issue is with the power loss faced when downshifting from 2nd to 1st on a slow incline. Enough to bring a worried look on your face.

Quote:
If your engine is TDCi BS3 & you use BS4 fuel, the mileage will remain more or less the same. It wont increase but it might drop by a km. But thats negligible i guess.

I bet the guys in the metros will be getting more mileage in the figo than you Gemi.
The fuel thing might be true as i have been getting 14-15kmpl in bangalore with 100 % AC. I have never turned off the engine at traffic lights . The last mileage count also included atleast 30-40 mins idling with the AC on. The figures are with Shell diesel i must add.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:01   #2462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Would 3 mm increase in wheelbase lead to scrapping of underbelly on speedbreaker? As far as I know, fusion wheelbase is 2486mm whereas figo has 2489mm.
Wheel base is 3 mm more in Figo.
Gound Clearance is about 20mm less in Figo.
Wheels are 14" instead of 15" with larger side profile and hence more compression.

Yes, Figo will scrape a lot more than Fusion as a result.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:21   #2463
BHPian

So the fuel is the villain here. Thanks for clarifying that Mustang.

Quote:
So no need to worry guys, All those who are running their figos on BS2 fuel will definitely get 3kmpl or so more when the shift from BS2 to BS3 happens in their city. I think it is going to happen on October 1.
Old 14th May 2010, 11:47   #2464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
So the fuel is the villain here. Thanks for clarifying that Mustang.
Besides fuel the addition of diesel particulate filter on the BS3 TDCI causes some increase in engine back-pressure, with higher back-pressure comes a fuel economy penalty. So the diesel particulate filter is also to be blamed. Am I right Mustang
Old 14th May 2010, 12:31   #2465
BHPian

Figo Mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Besides fuel the addition of diesel particulate filter on the BS3 TDCI causes some increase in engine back-pressure, with higher back-pressure comes a fuel economy penalty. So the diesel particulate filter is also to be blamed. Am I right Mustang
I was also thinking in the same line! May be a free flow exhaust is the need of the hour!

But what about the Petrol engine which is "all new"! Seems like BS-4 city mileage figure is 'just' 10 kmpl which seems not justified by a 1.2L churning out 69PS. Are we (terribly) missing something?
Old 14th May 2010, 13:18   #2466
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody tested mileage using the Premium fuel like speed diesel from Indian Oil or Power booster from HPCL etc..
I think chennai and other metros have already moved to BSIV from 1st April - correct me if I am wrong.
Old 14th May 2010, 13:29   #2467
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Regarding power windows not available in Figo
- Yesterday an accident happened in a bye-pass in chennai where the driver died of suffocation as he cannot come of the vehicle when caught fire. The central locking failed and he could not open the doors & windows.
I think he would have removed one head rest and broken a window glass. So no PW in rear - helps in a critical situation.
Old 14th May 2010, 14:17   #2468
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Technical stuff, I am not into that. I can just tell you what has been done, I cant tell you why has been done when it comes to mechanicals.
Old 14th May 2010, 14:32   #2469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
I was also thinking in the same line! May be a free flow exhaust is the need of the hour!

But what about the Petrol engine which is "all new"! Seems like BS-4 city mileage figure is 'just' 10 kmpl which seems not justified by a 1.2L churning out 69PS. Are we (terribly) missing something?
Nope I am getting somewhere around 12km/l. Odo clocking at 500+. Something related to driving style and gear shift?
Old 14th May 2010, 14:49   #2470
BHPian

Ford does NOT recommend using any special diesel. Dealer and the manual mentioned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Has anybody tested mileage using the Premium fuel like speed diesel from Indian Oil or Power booster from HPCL etc..
I think chennai and other metros have already moved to BSIV from 1st April - correct me if I am wrong.
Old 14th May 2010, 15:21   #2471
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding power windows not available in Figo
- Yesterday an accident happened in a bye-pass in chennai where the driver died of suffocation as he cannot come of the vehicle when caught fire. The central locking failed and he could not open the doors & windows.
I think he would have removed one head rest and broken a window glass. So no PW in rear - helps in a critical situation.
But in the case of figo the person still will not escape easily-remember the rear windows only goes half way down in the figo
Old 14th May 2010, 15:46   #2472
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@carfreak - Ok. when you pull down the window, suffocation will not happen and chances of surviving is more - call or signal for help....
Old 14th May 2010, 16:05   #2473
BHPian

I consoled myself with the same reason. PW not required in rear for me.

Quote:
@carfreak - Ok. when you pull down the window, suffocation will not happen and chances of surviving is more - call or signal for help....
Old 14th May 2010, 16:47   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I consoled myself with the same reason. PW not required in rear for me.
Most of the time i don't use rear windows, so it never was an issue for me.
Old 14th May 2010, 18:08   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Most of the time i don't use rear windows, so it never was an issue for me.
The issue comes when you have kids in the rear seat fiddling with the window lever and then sticking their head out. With power windows, you can at least lock them down so that kids can't open the windows while they are seated at the rear.

Last edited by longhorn : 14th May 2010 at 18:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks