Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2010, 11:50   #2641
Senior - BHPian

Rs 5515 for painting a bumper..! OMG.! Who told Ford has made their cars easy on pocket?
Old 30th May 2010, 12:14   #2642
BHPian

Interesting logic is that you can buy 2 or 3 Figos if you add up the cost of all the parts separately. I was told that my bill would have crossed 1 lakh if the airbags had deployed. They have to replace or refit the entire dash board. In spite of all this I still think its a good car for the money. I was only interested in the ABS. Wish Ford sold them as separate options. Or atleast have a switch to activate it when you are on the highway. ( guess I20 has the option to deactivate passenger airbag when driver is alone)
An updated comparison thread on service and spare parts of all the current hatches will be a great idea. Any takers?
Old 30th May 2010, 14:36   #2643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaxx View Post
Interesting logic is that you can buy 2 or 3 Figos if you add up the cost of all the parts separately. I was told that my bill would have crossed 1 lakh if the airbags had deployed. They have to replace or refit the entire dash board. In spite of all this I still think its a good car for the money. I was only interested in the ABS. Wish Ford sold them as separate options. Or atleast have a switch to activate it when you are on the highway. ( guess I20 has the option to deactivate passenger airbag when driver is alone)
An updated comparison thread on service and spare parts of all the current hatches will be a great idea. Any takers?
Was the repair done in Cochin(Kairali Ford)?
Old 30th May 2010, 14:39   #2644
BHPian

The price hike will be below 2%.I just booked a Colorado red Titanium TDCI on the 29th of May,and the dealer said the hike will be from 1st June and should be less than 2%.Figo is still VFM in comparison to its competitors,even with the price hike.
Old 30th May 2010, 17:53   #2645
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure why the tempers are running high, I had a close friend of mine who had a very similar kind of damage done to the front bumper ( when his car hit a sumo when he was going around just 35-40km/hr speed).

His repairs also totaled around Rs 40 K ( somewhere in the 38k odd area).

I guess when you call it a moment of truth, it would be ideal to compare the prices with the similar kind of damage fixing with other cars, I can bet you will end up with figures similar to this.
Dont jump the gun assuming it to be too costly.

Last edited by xingamazon : 30th May 2010 at 17:54.
Old 30th May 2010, 18:24   #2646
Senior - BHPian

IMO, this is correct news and the prices of Figo are expected to go up by around 2 to 4 percent. I am getting this information though sms on my mobile from Cargo Ford. Earlier when Figo was launched, in order to download brochure, I gave my phone number on Ford India website. I got a call from Chennai ( or some other city down south ) and then a call from Cargo Ford ( current Ford dealer in Vadodara ).

The sms I got reads like this :

Quote:

Book your Ford Figo Diese/Petrol till 31st May and get protection from price rise across Figo range effective from 1st June 2010. All bookings done till 31st May will be eligible for old price only. Figo prices to go upto arpproxi. 2 to 4 percent with effect 1st June 2010. Showroom Open on Sunday. Last 2 days Hurry!! Call Cargo Ford for further information on 9825800819

Last edited by aaggoswami : 30th May 2010 at 18:26.
Old 30th May 2010, 18:25   #2647
BHPian

@xingamazon, the moot point is not the cost of components / service but whether the Figo has adequate bumper protection to prevent damage to components in the event of small to moderate collisions.

The anger (or bewilderment) is based on revmaxx's conclusion that the scope and severity of damage was disproportionate to the severity / nature of the collision (hitting a WagonR at ~35 kph). I would presume that all things being equal, hitting a WagonR should cause much less structural damage vs. hitting a Sumo.

The adequacy of the Figo's bumper has been an open question from the very beginning and revmaxx's first hand experience "seems" to further strengthen the belief that there is indeed some cause for concern.
Old 30th May 2010, 18:37   #2648
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the Figo come with a dog bar(a beam below bumper to prevent damage due to dog hit)? This is a made for India feature seen before in made for India Fiesta.
Old 30th May 2010, 23:35   #2649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Does the Figo come with a dog bar(a beam below bumper to prevent damage due to dog hit)? This is a made for India feature seen before in made for India Fiesta.
I read on another thread that there is no dog bar in the Figo.
Old 31st May 2010, 11:18   #2650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishverma0675 View Post
The price hike will be below 2%.I just booked a Colorado red Titanium TDCI on the 29th of May,and the dealer said the hike will be from 1st June and should be less than 2%.Figo is still VFM in comparison to its competitors,even with the price hike.
the price hike is minor one & would not dent, Figo's VFM factor in any case.

BTW, I too read the caption in TV news on a business channel on Friday (can't remember which channel it was), but could not play the channel as my family members wanted to watch program on other channel. Thank you all for bringing up the thread .
Old 31st May 2010, 11:41   #2651
BHPian

Is it going to be a "limited edition"?. Any extra features?
Old 31st May 2010, 12:37   #2652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
@xingamazon, the moot point is not the cost of components / service but whether the Figo has adequate bumper protection to prevent damage to components in the event of small to moderate collisions.

The anger (or bewilderment) is based on revmaxx's conclusion that the scope and severity of damage was disproportionate to the severity / nature of the collision (hitting a WagonR at ~35 kph). I would presume that all things being equal, hitting a WagonR should cause much less structural damage vs. hitting a Sumo.
I understand your point, but my gut feel says for a similar kind of accident the damage would be same for cars like i10 or WagonR, would leave to the gurus to decide on this.
Belive me when we saw the damage on the WagonR post my friends accident we didnt belive our eyes especially given the fact that he was travelling so slow and there were no apparant damage to the sumo at all.
Old 1st June 2010, 01:16   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishverma0675 View Post
The price hike in Goa is in the range of Rs.8,000 to Rs.15,000-odd going from the base petrol to the Titanium diesel as told to me by the SE here. Also, an interesting tidbit, the SE did say that the price hike was always coming since the Figo's was actually an 'introductory pricing'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
I booked a Figo diesel Exi today and did consider this as a negative, but then overruled it for the simple reason that if you do drive carefully how often would you bang the front or rear of your car? Also, the Figo's spares seem moderately priced and that surely helps.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:49   #2654
RGK
Senior - BHPian

The charges for painting is exorbitant. Ford maintenance costs are no way near Marutis.
Old 1st June 2010, 13:13   #2655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
The charges for painting is exorbitant. Ford maintenance costs are no way near Marutis.
Very true on this. 5.5k for painting a bumper? silver coated paint?
The damages doesn't seem so bad. 35K thanks to the Ford badge!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks