Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 14:58   #2656
BHPian

Finally booked a Figo 1.2 Petrol Zxi for my father-in-law yesterday.Color is squeeze with the red dasboard.Dont really like that but wifey was insistent and we all know who wins these arguments.

Waiting time of around 25 days.

Happy to join the minority Figo Petrol Group
Old 1st June 2010, 15:09   #2657

Booked the my car

After cancelling my booking, a month before, since i would have traveled abroad, booked the Figo again yesterday.

I can refer this coincidence as my luck/destiny; Ford Figo / Squeeze / Ebony / Titanium was available on the counter. Yesterday, paid the cash in full & i am getting my angel registered tomorrow. Will take delivery on Friday.

Alas, i was vulnerable to the 2% hike in Tax, in Tamil Nadu. However, the showroom shielded me on the expected hike in price from Ford. I guess this is done by all the dealers.

I have booked my car @ Chennai Ford, Arumbakkam, Chennai.
Old 1st June 2010, 15:10   #2658
Distinguished - BHPian

The accident repair costs posted here are on the higher side. Disappointed.

After watching my neighbours car on a daily basis I gotta agree that the rear bumper is non-existent. Tail gate is more prone to damage in comparison to other cars.
Old 1st June 2010, 15:45   #2659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
The charges for painting is exorbitant. Ford maintenance costs are no way near Marutis.
My 2005 Zen's bumper painting at MASS would set me back by atleast INR 3,000. So, Paying a little extra for Ford is Okay to me. I think I am okay to pay 1500 extra when the car's cost is 1.5 times more than the zen!
Old 1st June 2010, 17:14   #2660
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
My 2005 Zen's bumper painting at MASS would set me back by atleast INR 3,000. So, Paying a little extra for Ford is Okay to me. I think I am okay to pay 1500 extra when the car's cost is 1.5 times more than the zen!
Sorry Amtak, Zen painting cost is also very high in your case.
Old 1st June 2010, 19:23   #2661
BHPian

Not sure if all folks have seen this thread. just posting it here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...igo-price.html
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:07   #2662
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The charges for painting is exorbitant. Ford maintenance costs are no way near Marutis.
I totally agree. Ford can talk all they want about child parts et al, but what really counts is how much $$$ the actual customer is paying at the time of service / repairs / part replacement. That's exactly where Ford has to prove itself. 5.5K for a bumper repaint (for a 4 lakh rupee hatch) is ridiculous! Heck, I paid less than that to repaint the front bumper of my Benz (at Mazda Motors) while the Esteem's bumper cost 3,000 to paint (authorised workshop), and the Lancers 4,000 (authorised workshop).

Those rogue dealers need some stringent training & disciplining as well.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd June 2010 at 17:09.
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:23   #2663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
Was the repair done in Cochin(Kairali Ford)?
Yes it was done in Cochin. And with no tinkering work. Just painting.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:41   #2664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaxx View Post
Yes it was done in Cochin. And with no tinkering work. Just painting.
I guess you should launch some official complaint with Ford not sure where but they have to be aware about this
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:15   #2665
BHPian

I dont know if this has been discussed earlier or had any body noticed this. Today morning while I was driving to office, I saw a Figo right in front of my car and I did notice that the door handles are not parallel to each other but the front door handle is on the lower side than the rear door handle. It was looking very wiered and unproportionate. I did check the other cars after this and all cars the door handles were parellel at the same level.
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:56   #2666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
I dont know if this has been discussed earlier or had any body noticed this. Today morning while I was driving to office, I saw a Figo right in front of my car and I did notice that the door handles are not parallel to each other but the front door handle is on the lower side than the rear door handle. It was looking very wiered and unproportionate. I did check the other cars after this and all cars the door handles were parellel at the same level.
Its a design element. They call it kinetic design. Actually the side repeaters and these two door handles are in a straight line that slopes upward towards the rear.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:26   #2667
Senior - BHPian

Have you guys seen this. Sorry if its a repost.

Courtesy: Yeshwant Reddy, Ford Figo Facebook Wall
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-32058_1390112445496_1612653671_908519_6907779_n.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2010, 15:57   #2668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Have you guys seen this. Sorry if its a repost.

Courtesy: Yeshwant Reddy, Ford Figo Facebook Wall
These figures are amazing,so in the long run a Ford Figo will be cheaper to maintain than even Indica and swift.
I thought that a Ford will be expensive to run but this is really food for thought if its true.
Thanks Gemithomas for the post.Till now I was under the impression that the cost of ownership and maintenance of the swift were the cheapest
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:32   #2669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishverma0675 View Post
These figures are amazing,so in the long run a Ford Figo will be cheaper to maintain than even Indica and swift.
I thought that a Ford will be expensive to run but this is really food for thought if its true.
Thanks Gemithomas for the post.Till now I was under the impression that the cost of ownership and maintenance of the swift were the cheapest
Maruti is King when it comes to playing with Indian psychology. Just look at those figures. Ask any Swift owner and he would say service bills come to just around Rs.2000. Ask the same thing to a Figo owner and he would surely say around Rs.3000.
Dont believe me? Just run through the figures again. Dont take time. Just a Glance. You'll understand what i mean
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:42   #2670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Amtak, Zen painting cost is also very high in your case.

May be. But these are the MASS rates. Either I pay 3,000 for the bumper painting or do normal "free of cost" touch up. No prizes for guessing, I selected the later

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks