Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:05   #2671
BHPian

revmaxx, may I know why you didn't claim insurance for a damage which costs as high as 35k?
Old 4th June 2010, 00:03   #2672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
revmaxx, may I know why you didn't claim insurance for a damage which costs as high as 35k?
My temporary registration had expired and I didn't have a valid RC book at the time of the accident. I was waiting to get a number of my choice. So there was some complication or delay in processing the insurance. I could'nt afford a delay because of my consultations. So I agreed to pay cash and release the vehicle immediately.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:41   #2673
BHPian

3 things:

Ford India sees 272% year-on-year sales growth
NEW DELHI, India –Ford India's May sales rose by a record 272 percent from the same month a year ago to 8,080 units, driven by the popular Figo, which maintained its position as the top seller in Ford's portfolio for the third consecutive month. The exceptional May performance also represented an increase of 7.6 percent from the previous month.
To keep up with the strong demand that Figo is helping drive, Ford India will launch a second production shift next month at its Chennai production facility.
“We have achieved more than 20000 bookings since launch and are happy to see more and more Ford Figos gaining visibility and presence on road. It's great to see building positive sales results month after month, and bettering our sales performance from last month,” said Michael Boneham, president and managing director of Ford India.
Ford India continued to increase its nationwide dealer network during the month of May – which now includes 165 outlets across 97 cities – as well as its world-class after sales service programs throughout the country to further strengthen ties with customers and support the tremendous response for the Ford Figo.

Figo demand prompts Ford to go for second shift
Chennai: Ford Figo continued to drive record sales for Ford India for the third consecutive month since its launch in the Indian market.
Ford India posted yet another tremendous record sale this month, witnessing 272% growth in year-on-year sales for May. Figo sold a total of 8,080 units (all models) in May compared with 2,168 units sold during previous year.
Ford India also saw an increase in its month-on-month sales with May posting higher sales than April, achieving a 7.6% high against last month’s sale of 7,509 units. Other Ford brands also saw a rise in demand, which added to the overall volume for May with all the brands performing well.
Ford India will commence its second production shift at its manufacturing plant in Maramalainagar from July, with training of new employees already underway, to meet strong demands for its products especially the Figo.
Michael Boneham, president and managing director of Ford India said “We have achieved more than 20,000 bookings since launch and are happy to see more and more Ford Figos gaining visibility and presence on road. It's great to see building positive sales results month after month and bettering our sales performance from last month.”
Ford India has been continuing its efforts to increase the network of its world-class after sales service programs throughout the country in order to strengthen ties with its customers and compliment to the response for the Ford Figo. Ford India has more than 165 outlets across 97 cities, said a press release on Wednesday.

Ford Custom Graphics

Ford Custom Graphics

View these graphics/decals on your car with live preview.

The Fiesta Hatchback graphics are good !!!

Last edited by Brix : 4th June 2010 at 18:43.
Old 5th June 2010, 08:22   #2674
BHPian

One of my colleague met with an accident and he had to change bumber, headlight assembly and the rear view mirror assembly.(Without the electric motor). The bumper costs 1800 , the head light 1400 and the mirror 977. I am in touch with him to understand how much he was charged for painting the bumper and will post.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:57   #2675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmaxx View Post
Yes it was done in Cochin. And with no tinkering work. Just painting.
No wonder why you have an exorbitant rate. Just a single dealer and zero competition.
Old 5th June 2010, 19:35   #2676
Senior - BHPian

The "REAL" Owner's F.E Update - Ford Figo TDCi.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1922607

Last edited by gemithomas : 5th June 2010 at 19:36.
Old 6th June 2010, 12:47   #2677
BHPian

The Usb Connector Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Saw this on facebook

Its the USB interface cable for the Figo. The 1100 bucks thing.
I have found a simple solution to the Rs 1100 problem, that Ford wants to extract rather unfairly.
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ford-figo-047.jpg
This is a USB modulator that connects with the 12 V socket (cigarette lighter). It operates through the FM tuner, and the frequency has to be kept at 87.5.
It even comes with a thin credit card sized remote, and that enables it to be used almost as a steering mounted audio control!
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ford-figo-046.jpg
Old 6th June 2010, 16:20   #2678
BHPian

@indizen010, I have seen this and it works quite well.. However, these devices have basic navigation capabilities and hence may not be an adequate replacement for Ford's USB cable. I am also not sure of iPod support.

But, you are right, 1100 bucks is way too expensive! I am sure we'll see cheap imitation / chinese cables in the market soon...
Old 6th June 2010, 21:55   #2679
BHPian

Could anyone here kindly post the OTR price for Figo TDCi Titanium in Chennai?

Appreciate your reply.
Old 6th June 2010, 22:03   #2680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Could anyone here kindly post the OTR price for Figo TDCi Titanium in Chennai?

Appreciate your reply.
joe, a friend of mine picked up a TDCi Titanium for 5.17 OTR yesterday. It used to be 5.07 before the road tax hike.
Old 6th June 2010, 22:26   #2681
BHPian

Ford website quotes the exshowroom price of TDCi Titanium to be 5.37. How could it be that your friend got the OTR tag of 5.17?? Are there any discounts running?
Old 6th June 2010, 23:24   #2682
BHPian

Figo USB Cable is Simple DIY

The USB Cable for Figo is a simple DIY. Just get the standard USB female to male cable (USB extension cable). Cut off the male plug near to the head so that you have some wires in one end and female socket at other.
You will get five wires out of the cable -

1 - 5 V
2- 0V(connected to ground - No connection also works)
3 - Data +
4 - Data -
5 - Ground

Put a good clip and a heat wrap to the wire ends. The Figo Music manual clearly states the pin configuration(which pin gives what). Just connect it accordingly and there you go with a USB capable music system.

I will be doing it very soon and the only constraint holding me back is "time" and the pain to drive to city to get the cable,clips and heat shrink wrap.

Also is the backside of audio system accessible without removing it?

And to tell you- No way will the cable cost Rs. 1100/-. Hardly it will cost Rs.50-100/-. And in mass production it may come to Rs.20-30/-.

Is the cable made out of silver/gold? That will be the next sales gimmick from Ford!
Old 7th June 2010, 10:19   #2683
BHPian

@Gilead 5.17 is a typo i think. 6.17 is the actual price
Old 7th June 2010, 10:30   #2684
Senior - BHPian

~~

Joe, my apologies for the wrong info posted earlier. 5.17 is the OTR for petrol Titanium in Chennai. Add ~90K for the diesel Titanium. You can get the exact OTR price by calling up either MPL or Chennai Ford.
Old 7th June 2010, 14:17   #2685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
The USB Cable for Figo is a simple DIY. Just get the standard USB female to male cable (USB extension cable). Cut off the male plug near to the head so that you have some wires in one end and female socket at other.
You will get five wires out of the cable -

1 - 5 V
2- 0V(connected to ground - No connection also works)
3 - Data +
4 - Data -
5 - Ground

Put a good clip and a heat wrap to the wire ends. The Figo Music manual clearly states the pin configuration(which pin gives what). Just connect it accordingly and there you go with a USB capable music system.

I will be doing it very soon and the only constraint holding me back is "time" and the pain to drive to city to get the cable,clips and heat shrink wrap.

Also is the backside of audio system accessible without removing it?

And to tell you- No way will the cable cost Rs. 1100/-. Hardly it will cost Rs.50-100/-. And in mass production it may come to Rs.20-30/-.

Is the cable made out of silver/gold? That will be the next sales gimmick from Ford!
I simply fail to understand why Ford failed to provide a USB port on the head unit itself. What were they thinking?

Most Viewed