Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2010, 12:27   #2701
Senior - BHPian

Yup with 4 or 5, the rear seems to sit down..

Have driven a fellow BHPians Figo Titanium recently and here are my observations:

1. Steering is great.
2. Accelaration is decent
3. Braking is decent
4. Suspension is Taut.
5. The OE music system is AWESOME by OE standards
6. FE seemed decent
7. Engine noise is present.
8. I did not get a chance to rev it above 2.5K hence could not really exploit the same. [Car was BRAND new]
9. The AC was a chiller.
10. The remote boot open was cool.

Now what I missed in this car was:

1. Auto climate control
2. Rear Power windows
3. Steering thumb buttons for the audio controls
4. A better LCD console such as the Fiesta that gives more comprehensive information. The DTE and ODO needs to be changed using a button on the console. This is dangerous to do on the move.

Overall, Nice car.
Old 9th June 2010, 20:27   #2702
BHPian

My FE for Figo TDCi seems to have improved after first service ! Going by the DTE figures which is pessimistic, it is not giving close 16 KMPL in the chock a block traffic in Bangalore ! I want to do a tank to tank method to confirm the same. Also, eagerly waiting for the next high way trip to check the mileage on long trips.
Old 10th June 2010, 13:00   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
........but i think that ground clearance is somewhat of an issue i believe(?). I saw 2 figos side by side, one with just the driverr in it & 1 with 4-5 people in it, The latter looked much lower.
I too noticed that Figo seems to bottom down when two or more people sit on the rear seat. Reminds me of good-old-premier padmini which also had similar issue
Old 10th June 2010, 14:08   #2704
BHPian

The Figo air pressure sticker recommends higher PSI when having more adults sitting in the car. Can that help in any way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx2389 View Post
I too noticed that Figo seems to bottom down when two or more people sit on the rear seat. Reminds me of good-old-premier padmini which also had similar issue
Old 10th June 2010, 18:36   #2705
Senior - BHPian

There might be good news for those in the Figo Squeak Club!!

For all those who are hearing the squeak from the rear right side of their Figo's, I might just have nailed the culprit. Will post more in on my ownership thread once i confirm it is really sorted out.
Old 11th June 2010, 13:07   #2706
BHPian

How frequently do we have to check for tyre air pressure? I am asking this specifically since Ford is recommending a different tyre pressure on the basis of load in the car.

Is this the same for the other cars? Atleast in the other cars that i have had(Palio, Fiesta, Santro, Zen) we used to check for air only once in 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe we should have done it more frequently according to the manufacturer.

GC seems to be marginally better with higher airpressure in case of 5 people in the car.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 11th June 2010 at 13:10. Reason: Had to add more info. Removed fonts.
Old 11th June 2010, 14:26   #2707
BHPian

Check this out - MPL's new service station in Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-mpl_service.jpg  

Old 11th June 2010, 14:53   #2708
BHPian

Oh no, not another MPL. Would have welcomed someone other than Chennai/MPL ford - Chennai needs more competition among Ford a.s.s.
Old 11th June 2010, 14:55   #2709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Check this out - MPL's new service station in Chennai.
Unfortunately, what the sales person told me is that they initially planned to open a service center, but now they planned to open only a sales center in OMR.
Old 11th June 2010, 15:02   #2710
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Oh no, not another MPL. Would have welcomed someone other than Chennai/MPL ford - Chennai needs more competition among Ford a.s.s.
Absolutely. I think this is just expansion of rooms by the same hotel owner.
Old 11th June 2010, 15:50   #2711
BHPian

new issues

1) There was 4th instance of the audio system reset while driving. It just goes power off and then power on.
2) While playing CD track (audio CD) and if I enable B/T on phone when it connects, the Audio CD got reset and started playing from 1st song!!!
Old 11th June 2010, 18:02   #2712
BHPian

It is good to see more service stations being inaugurated, especially given the Figo's strong sales figures.

There's an MPL service station in Alwarpet which is just 2 roads away from my place. However, I heard from the MPL showroom guys that this one doesn't service Figos.

But I did see a couple of Figos parked there the other day - maybe they allow people to drop the car off and pick it up from there?

Or, does Ford have a pickup / delivery facility for servicing?

Last edited by spindoc : 11th June 2010 at 18:04.
Old 11th June 2010, 19:50   #2713
BHPian

is it? scorpio07 got his Figo serviced from there only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
There's an MPL service station in Alwarpet which is just 2 roads away from my place. However, I heard from the MPL showroom guys that this one doesn't service Figos.
Old 11th June 2010, 21:15   #2714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
1) There was 4th instance of the audio system reset while driving. It just goes power off and then power on.
2) While playing CD track (audio CD) and if I enable B/T on phone when it connects, the Audio CD got reset and started playing from 1st song!!!
I too had a similar kind of weird experience couple of times..But in general, it is fine.
Old 12th June 2010, 09:59   #2715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
For all those who are hearing the squeak from the rear right side of their Figo's, I might just have nailed the culprit. Will post more in on my ownership thread once i confirm it is really sorted out.
HERE http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1933195

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks