Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2010, 16:19   #2776
BHPian

Figo Engine OIL

On the newly delivered FIGO's the Engine oil is watery and clear liquid. After runnign few hundred kilometers the oil level check scale has black particle deposits when opened.

Does anybody know how it should look like after First service where OIL change has been done ? Should it be like on brand new figo ... clear /watery with 50/40 grade oil change ?
Old 27th June 2010, 23:54   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
On the newly delivered FIGO's the Engine oil is watery and clear liquid. After runnign few hundred kilometers the oil level check scale has black particle deposits when opened.

Does anybody know how it should look like after First service where OIL change has been done ? Should it be like on brand new figo ... clear /watery with 50/40 grade oil change ?
What did the service station guys have to say on this?
Old 27th June 2010, 23:56   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Those are the OEM compressors that come on the Figo.
Its curious that the parts are sourced from Korea... for an American company with a major Korean competitor!
Old 28th June 2010, 02:22   #2779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Kind of

Putting of the pics of the chiller/thirsty A/C compressor. Really hits the fuel efficiency but I am happy since I don't have to sweat in this hot and humid weather like hyundai i20 customers (Weak Hyundai i20 air-conditioner. EDIT : Test results on pg. 4).
I tested the i20 magna petrol at a showroom. Man! I felt I was in a glasshouse. Even after driving for 15 minutes at full cooling + fan speed, the car was as hot as when I started it.

This was such a put off for me that I gave full marks to the Figo for it's cool AC. The compressor of the Figo is bigger than that of most of the cars in the same class.

I recently got my Figo and here's the story so far:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...its-white.html
Old 28th June 2010, 09:07   #2780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
What did the service station guys have to say on this?
On my car it was black after the oil change. I think its supposed to be like that on diesels. The oil turns black very fast unlike petrols which have a golden shade.
Old 28th June 2010, 10:18   #2781
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ By the time you reach your home after an Oil change the Oil will turn back in a diesel car, it's normal.
Old 28th June 2010, 11:08   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Its curious that the parts are sourced from Korea... for an American company with a major Korean competitor!
On the diesel, unless there is engine flushing employed during oil change, it does turn black once restarted, this is due to recirculation.

Actually based on my Petrol experience this was surprise, but I have learn't that this is way it on Diesels.

With Engine flush it might retain color for a few kms. Best is test for granules in engine oil. Another learning for me with the Diesels.
Old 28th June 2010, 11:56   #2783
BHPian

First Service experience

Got my Figo first service from the F.A.S.S, It took me 50 days to get to first service.

I had requested for a slot on Friday however couldn't go there and had to leave the car on Saturday.
Upon reaching the service centre I was assigned SA, who came up with the official check list and went around
religiously checking every damn thing on my car. the Car was jacked up and underbody inspected for leaks etc.

I was offered underbody 3M coating, for which I politely declined and there was no pestering like the CC guys. I had a few complaints which were promptly noted down (Air blower bad smell, the squeaking noise from RR suspension on uneven roads)

Got my car at the promised time, with all issued fixed. The bad smell fix involved cleaning the clogged f-filter, and lubricating on the suspension. After 70kms post service, the problems have not recurred. Overall it was top class experience, The experience of Job card opening and going thru everything in the check list was the best part. Generally SA's overlook this unless specific complaints are given (Based on my exp at Maruti)

Bill amount was 1228/-, Just the oil & filter change. Entry made in the Figo Manual, they tore off the first service free labor charges coupon.
I don't think am missing on anything at Ford compared to Maruti. Figo service is as good as it can get.

Wait time: < 20 mins (drop & delivery)
Washing & Cleaning: 5 Star
Demand repairs: All done
Post Service complaints: none
Car purchase & FASS: Lathangi Ford, Opp. IIMB

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 28th June 2010 at 11:57.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:48   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
'Halla climate control' seems to be a joint venture between a Ford subsidiary and halla group in South korea.

Last edited by Daewood : 28th June 2010 at 12:52.
Old 28th June 2010, 14:57   #2785
RGK
Senior - BHPian

My car took more than 3 litres after 1st auto cutoff in the fuel station. So for accurate FE calculation use the tankfill to the brim and calculate. Need to be patient till the diesel reaches the tip.
Old 28th June 2010, 15:44   #2786
BHPian

Quote:
Thats hardly surprising. All car companies only assemble parts from other suppliers. Except for parts like engines/transmissions.

Like a computer - Dell does not make anything, just builds.
Old 28th June 2010, 18:01   #2787
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Have anybody checked the availability of storage compartment under the handbrake as an accessory fitment for all models other than Titanium.
Old 28th June 2010, 23:06   #2788
BHPian

Quote:

the squeaking noise from RR suspension on uneven roads

Hi

Got my car serviced on Saturday and after a few kms down the road (after service) I heard squeaking sound from the left rear suspension area. It appears when i hit a pothole or uneven road at around 40+ speeds. I think this squeak thing happened after the workshop guys gave the car a through wash to the underbody.

Wanted to know what the service guys did to control that squeak? Did they use some kind of oil or grease and where did they used it? On which part?

Thanks
Old 28th June 2010, 23:36   #2789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got my Figo first service from the F.A.S.S, It took me 50 days to get to first service.
Wait time: < 20 mins (drop & delivery)
Washing & Cleaning: 5 Star
Demand repairs: All done
Post Service complaints: none
Car purchase & FASS: Lathangi Ford, Opp. IIMB
Heartening to know that Ford's service is quite good. It is imperative for them to maintain these standards, and I hope they will. The service costs are very reasonable, and at par with the best in the business.
Old 29th June 2010, 09:43   #2790
BHPian

Quote:
The AC is supplied by Visteon plant in Chennai. Visteon is a group company of Ford. The HVAC division of Visteon has a tie up with Halla Climate Control of Korea.

The ACs for Hyundai cars are also from the same plant

Most Viewed