Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 15:49   #3271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
this is for petrol or diesel please?
Mine is 1.4 tdci titanium. I doubt any petrol would give so much mileage in city . And that doubt is to make the post a bit longer to avoid infractions!
Old 28th September 2010, 21:54   #3272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesk007 View Post
I feel that door unlocking feature, when the engine is turned-off is a pretty cool one. However, when you stop at a signal & then start, the driver side lock will engage again after crossing 7km mark.
Is it possible to deactivate the auto door unlock feature and just keep the door auto lock feature activated? (In case someone does not wish the car to auto unlock itself).
Actually, I prefer to keep the car locked even if I have switched it off. Our old M800 has a Xenos Central locking system and I hate it's auto unlock feature.
Old 28th September 2010, 23:38   #3273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post

The remote / locking mechanism have quite a few interesting features.

I was not happy with all the doors opening when the ignition is switched off particularly when driving alone. There are quite a few road side scams ( some one signals that you have a flat tyre / engine fire etc. As you come out of the car to check another guy quietly opens the back door and escapes with any bag or valuable in the back seat or passenger side) because of this.

In Figo after the doors lock automatically when the car moves, unlock the driver side door only. When the ignition is switched off the other doors will not unlock automatically. Quite a useful feature when you drive alone.
Go thru page no 19 of the car manual. Here it has something mentioned abt PROGRAMMING THE REMOTE CONTROL. This might help u solve the problem that u fear facing. Re program the remote. Then drive til the doors lock and then stop and turn off the ignition. What i feel is that now only the driver side door will unlock, rest will remain locked.

Since I haven't practically done it on my car, so it is just an assumption. Try it and let us know what happens.
Old 29th September 2010, 00:34   #3274
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Diesel lover.
Solved my query as well. I was checking out some features of the Figo.
This is a nice feature if only the driver side door unlocks.
Edit- One thing more, after the doors lock @ 7kmph, if the driver's door is unlocked, won't it unlock the other three doors automatically as well? Because this is how central locking works in almost every case.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 29th September 2010 at 00:41.
Old 29th September 2010, 10:54   #3275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Edit- One thing more, after the doors lock @ 7kmph, if the driver's door is unlocked, won't it unlock the other three doors automatically as well? Because this is how central locking works in almost every case.

No it wont, once programmed the central lock will unlock only the driver side door only. The only way to unlock them from inside is to do it manually.

When you are to open from out side, press the unlock button twice to unlock all the doors.
Old 29th September 2010, 21:03   #3276

Ford

Had a very bad experience @ Ford service center today. Complained about wheel alignment & promptly it was corrected. However, the steering wheel was left in a awkward position. The Ford logo / AIRBAG on the wheel is no longer straight...its tilted by 40deg on the left & when asked the service center, they are claiming that its is not at all a problem, as long as vehicle maneuvers straight. I am gonna complain about this to Ford.
Old 30th September 2010, 10:13   #3277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its tilted by 40deg on the left. I am gonna complain about this to Ford.
Tilted by 40 degrees??????

I understand it is fine as long as the vehicle maneuvers straight, but 40 degrees?

This raises a doubt for me, god forbid, if the air bag is to be deployed, wouldn't it be deployed in a wrong angle and into a wrong area?
Old 30th September 2010, 11:00   #3278

This is the position my steering wheel is, when the car travels in a straight line.

Pick-up & drop of the vehicle at your door step, from the service center is a boon. however missing out a chance for these basic checks before delivery is a real pain.

I am personally driving to this service center, which is away from the Chennai city limits.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc00246.jpg  

Old 30th September 2010, 11:51   #3279
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Karthik I could not understand the attitude of the service centre,"Yes sir , No problem sir". Dont they have professionalism in completing the given task.
After complaining to Ford, I got a call from Service centre to bring the vehicle for more engine noise heard inside the cabin after Windshield replacement. will be taking the vehicle tomorrow.
Old 30th September 2010, 16:38   #3280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the position my steering wheel is, when the car travels in a straight line.

Pick-up & drop of the vehicle at your door step, from the service center is a boon. however missing out a chance for these basic checks before delivery is a real pain.

I am personally driving to this service center, which is away from the Chennai city limits.
How could they say that its normal?
Complain to ford and also send them this picture.

My car is having some problems with the breaks! They make too much sound like when a train is about to stop.
Old 1st October 2010, 11:01   #3281
Senior - BHPian

I have a question for Diesel owners. When I am accelrating uphill and changing gears in quick sucession, I observed that throttle response is better when I remove the foot off the throttle and then press it again. While this method pulls the car like anything, depressing the pedal continuously is not that effective and sometimes I find myself out of power. Is this an expected behaviour?
Old 1st October 2010, 11:44   #3282
GSM
BHPian

Perfect!

Quote:
Karthik, thats the way my Palio's steering was (though slightly more acceptable), after I had changed all the tyres. The shopwala didn't own up at all over this goof up, and when persisted he tells me this is the perfect position, since your right hand is anyway slightly higher than the left hand. I was like searching for a wall to .

Later at the Tata Fiat Service station, I highlighted this issue atleast thrice, in three separate visits and till date it is not yet rectified. And before, somebody jumps to bash Fiat Service, I tried servicing my car at Carnation / Bosch at Chennai, with no success over this particular point. I stopped bothering since it didn't interfere in my regular driving. However, in your case it is a bit extreme.

Now that I am wiser by that dollops of wisdom from the tyre seller, your steering is just perfect. (No offense intended)
Old 1st October 2010, 12:35   #3283
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a very bad experience @ Ford service center today. Complained about wheel alignment & promptly it was corrected. However, the steering wheel was left in a awkward position. The Ford logo / AIRBAG on the wheel is no longer straight...its tilted by 40deg on the left & when asked the service center, they are claiming that its is not at all a problem, as long as vehicle maneuvers straight. I am gonna complain about this to Ford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSM View Post
Karthik, thats the way my Palio's steering was (though slightly more acceptable), after I had changed all the tyres. The shopwala didn't own up at all over this goof up, and when persisted he tells me this is the perfect position, since your right hand is anyway slightly higher than the left hand. I was like searching for a wall to .

Later at the Tata Fiat Service station, I highlighted this issue atleast thrice, in three separate visits and till date it is not yet rectified. And before, somebody jumps to bash Fiat Service, I tried servicing my car at Carnation / Bosch at Chennai, with no success over this particular point. I stopped bothering since it didn't interfere in my regular driving. However, in your case it is a bit extreme.

Now that I am wiser by that dollops of wisdom from the tyre seller, your steering is just perfect. (No offense intended)
This happens when wheel alignment is done. The solution is to park the car dead straight and remove the steering wheel and fix it straight. Please check up with any good tyre alignment shop.
Old 1st October 2010, 13:22   #3284
BHPian

Just noticed something today. My figo tdci's RC card says that it's a petrol. I checked with the dealership since they were the folks who got the car registered and they said this is ok and i won't have any trouble because of this. Folks, please let me know if i could get into some trouble because of this ever. Everywhere else including the dealer invoice it says diesel.
Old 1st October 2010, 13:30   #3285
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Just noticed something today. My figo tdci's RC card says that it's a petrol. I checked with the dealership since they were the folks who got the car registered and they said this is ok and i won't have any trouble because of this. Folks, please let me know if i could get into some trouble because of this ever. Everywhere else including the dealer invoice it says diesel.
Based on RC book details only, the insurance value of the vehicle is set and there is a chance the insurance authorities may question. So better take to the RTO with the car in the afternoon. Check the Engine no also (if the no is available in the Engine block). It is better to get corrected.
My b-i-l Honda Unicorn was wrongly printed as Honda Activa by RTO authorities in the RC book. He is following with RTO authorities as the insurance authorities refused to change the name of the vehicle in the Insurance Policy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks