Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2010, 23:27   #3406
Team-BHP Support

Few queries

Would a 15" fit in the Figo? I think yes, what consequences can one expect?
What would be advised, 14" or 15"?

Which uni-directional tire shall suit it best? 5 tires for 20-25K(including the trade-in)

Are the stock speakers sufficient?(titanium tdci) What would the best up-grade be? (No woofers, but if amp is a requirement, would be put in)

Which is the best head-lamp bulb to be put in? 55/60 rated. If it would throw white-light, won't it be a problem in winters?

I know the questions asked by me would have been answered 'n' no. of times, but all weren't clubbed together and it was pretty fruitless to search as per my requirement.

Thanks
Old 7th November 2010, 01:40   #3407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

A 15" will surely fit the Figo, at the cost of ride quality. Moreover your warranty will be void if you change the tire size/width. So I would suggest you better stick with the 14" and may be if you feel the need for better grip, go for a 185/60, but again at the loss of warranty. I personally feel the Figo has stock tires that suit the dynamics and power

Which uni-directional tire shall suit it best? 5 tires for 20-25K(including the trade-in)

No idea about this one, sorry

Are the stock speakers sufficient?(titanium tdci) What would the best up-grade be? (No woofers, but if amp is a requirement, would be put in)

The speakers are OK. For a stock setup (Chinese speakers) they sound pretty decent, but can surely do with a better speaker upgrade. The speakers come in a rather odd size of 5" x 7" coaxials on all doors. The upgrade options are too many. Depends on your budget, and finding the expertise for a flawless installation.

Which is the best head-lamp bulb to be put in? 55/60 rated. If it would throw white-light, won't it be a problem in winters?

Check out Philips Extreme Power H4 55/60 bulbs. They are not white light and hence will not be a problem in the rains. You can expect around 50% (claimed 80%) additional intensity than a normal bulb. Should cost around 1K a pair.

I know the questions asked by me would have been answered 'n' no. of times, but all weren't clubbed together and it was pretty fruitless to search as per my requirement.

Thanks
My replies in bold, just my views/limited knowledge
Old 7th November 2010, 13:10   #3408
BHPian

Need help. Bubbling paint on roof.

Hi. Seasons greetings to all. I need help regarding a peculiar problem with my white Figo TDCI Titannium purchased on April 20th, 2010, from Kairali Ford, Cochin. Of late I have noticed bubbling of paint on the roof area above the right rear door frame. It is on the small portion between the black roof beading and door frame. The paint surface is intact. The problem is from underneath the painted surface.

Is this due to rusting metal underneath? When I showed it to Ford service they mentioned it as rust and told me to get the car inspected by Ford itself. How do I proceed from here? If it is rusting sheet metal it is not good news at all. I have written to Ford customer care. Awaiting a response from them. If this happens on a door the door can be replaced. But my case is not where they can replace just that part. What should be my response to Ford. Kindly help.

( When I try to isert the image from my computer explorer is aking for URL of the image. How to paste the image? Sorry about my computer knowledge. I will read the FAQ's and try posting the pictures again. Thanks.
Old 7th November 2010, 13:48   #3409
BHPian

pictures of the paint problem

Here is the pictures of the problem area.
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0068.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0070.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0071.jpg
Old 7th November 2010, 20:10   #3410
BHPian

@ Revmaxx

That is just !
That looks like something that would happen to an amateur paint job, just not acceptable!
Would be interesting to know how Ford tackles this issue
As such I believe the affected area is a part of the quarter panel which can be removed taken out and treated/replaced under warranty. But how far would I trust the remaining parts once this is fixed, is another question. Do keep us posted on how things proceed
By the way, is you car parked under the sun for prolonged periods regularly?
Old 8th November 2010, 00:35   #3411
Team-BHP Support

What is the waiting period in general for Figo TDCi titanium? color-silver/white.

Would appreciate more replies
Quote:

Thanks
Thanks Jay

Last edited by Sheel : 8th November 2010 at 00:36.
Old 8th November 2010, 13:14   #3412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
@ Revmaxx

By the way, is you car parked under the sun for prolonged periods regularly?
Thanks Jayded. My car is always parked under the shade. As you pointed out, its interesting to see how Ford responds to this. Looks like mine is the first figo having this issue. Will keep you posted.
Old 8th November 2010, 18:07   #3413
Senior - BHPian

revmaxx,
That looks like a rusting issue. I have seen some old cars paint bubble up like this. Its rusting beneath the paint layer. It will be best if you get this part replaced asap. Rusting on a new car is unacceptable!
Do let us know when ford gets back regarding this to you.
Can you post a zoomed out picture of that exact area?

RGK
Do the Philips extreme bulbs heat up a lot? What about your Engine oil problem ? Is the car still drinking too much oil?
Old 8th November 2010, 22:09   #3414
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
My replies in bold, just my views/limited knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
revmaxx,
That looks like a rusting issue. I have seen some old cars paint bubble up like this. Its rusting beneath the paint layer. It will be best if you get this part replaced asap. Rusting on a new car is unacceptable!

RGK
Do the Philips extreme bulbs heat up a lot? What about your Engine oil problem ? Is the car still drinking too much oil?
@jayded, @captain slow - Philips extreme is better than stock lights. No heating. As said by jayded it does not give 80% as printed in the box, but definitely better. Price in chennai
First i replaced the bulbs and felt that right focus are more on the right top (focus hitting on opponent's vehicle) . So after driving for two days, I interchanged the bulbs and found better. Drove 650 kms on last two heavy rainy days. More on my ownership
thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...go-club-9.html
Old 11th November 2010, 11:56   #3415
BHPian

Mileage update -- TDCi

Since last tankful,

Trip meter:- 508.7 kms
Fuel:- 30.57 litres
Hence FE:- 16.64 km/l
Driving condition:- 65% highway 35% city with moderate traffic (very rarely bumper to bumper)
AC:- ON 80% of the time
New DTE reading:- 722 kms
Current Odo:- 2084 kms
Old 12th November 2010, 14:59   #3416
BHPian

Saw these pics of Fiesta XR4 - 2007 model sold in Australia.
This version of Fiesta must be the closest cousin of FiGO in terms of exterior looks.
Note the tailights, rear bumpers and the rear sloping roofline.
Remember at the FIGO launch, Ford India had mentioned about FIGO being designed by it's Australian engineers.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ford1435.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-fordfiestaxr4_5_m_m.jpg  

Last edited by Daewood : 12th November 2010 at 15:11.
Old 12th November 2010, 15:47   #3417
Distinguished - BHPian

Daewood - How about this??

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post1867041
Old 12th November 2010, 16:24   #3418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
So, Figo is the offspring of the marriage between the Australian and Brazilian Fiesta
Old 13th November 2010, 20:05   #3419
BHPian

What should be the ideal tyre pressure with the driver as the sole occupant?
Old 14th November 2010, 11:32   #3420
BHPian

bubbling paint.

[quote=Captain Slow;2133155]revmaxx,

My car was inspected by two representatives from Ford. One guy was from the body shop and another from the paint company. As suspected it was indeed rust beneath the painted surfarface on the metal. They appeared very cool and candid about the problem. The car has since been taken up for repainting of the affected part under warranty. They also told me that some batches of cars could face similar problems.

My concern is, what if the problem reoccurs after the warranty period. Will they still acknowledge it?

Most Viewed