Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2010, 15:43   #3421
Senior - BHPian

As long as its under warranty they will support you once warranty is over you may have to pay for any repairs.
Check other parts for any bubbling or rusting signs.

Small update from my side.
I finally upgraded to Philips Crystal Vision 55/60W. This bulb gives a whitish light. Got it changed at metro ford. Was charged 60Rs for this.
Im going to try it tonight and see how it performs.
Old 15th November 2010, 01:51   #3422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Small update from my side.
I finally upgraded to Philips Crystal Vision 55/60W. This bulb gives a whitish light. Got it changed at metro ford. Was charged 60Rs for this.
Hey Captain,

Any reasons for choosing the Crystal vision over Extreme power 55/60?
How do you find the performance compared to the stock bulbs?
Old 15th November 2010, 16:01   #3423
BHPian

Figo Petrol - Issues with Transmission

Hi Everyone,

I am posting this on behalf of my close friend, who on my suggestion had bought a Figo Petrol Zxi in July 2010. The Car was doing fine and had done around 4000 kms till last week & he was extremely happy with it.

Last week, on his trip to Mysore the Figo started making some 'Khrrr' noise.
On close inspection it was observed that noise was coming from the Engine compartment near the gear box, this was observed even while the car's engine was idling.

He immediately took it to Carvery Ford in Mysore. They have opened a job card & suspect it to be a Clutch or Transmission issue. But they are not clear what the issue is. On Saturday he was informed that the clutch looks fine & the suspect is the gear-box. Today he is informed that they are planning to replace the clutch & try driving around, if it works well they would assume that clutch was the issue.

I am surprised that Ford Service station is not able to diagnosis the issue clearly. They are working on a Trial & Error method. My friend is seriously worried about the entire episode.

Gurus, please help / suggest what the issue could be and has anyone faced similar issue with a Figo?

Appreciate your help, Thank you!
Old 15th November 2010, 16:23   #3424
Distinguished - BHPian

That is scary....with less than six months and 4000 on odo. Equally vexing why A.S.S. is not able to identify the problem.

Difficult to say what the noise is from your description. Starter gears? Loose part in the clutch,.....Is the noise constant vis engine RPM or the vehicle speed?

Last edited by sudev : 15th November 2010 at 16:27.
Old 15th November 2010, 16:28   #3425
Senior - BHPian

I suggest he should not let the *** mess around with the car. Ask him to be assertive about his doubts and write to write2md@ford.com and ask them send someone to get the car inspected. Since we do not know what the exact problem is, we cannot comment, but it is not however adviceable to let the *** make the car a guinea pig.
Old 15th November 2010, 17:07   #3426
BHPian

Thanks anilisanil for the email address. I have asked my friend to write a mail.

Sudev sirji, the noise increases with the engine speed.
While driving the noise comes in all gears except in the overdrive (5th gear). There was slight power loss also felt.

While idling in neutral, if the engine is revved the noise comes in again.
Old 15th November 2010, 18:41   #3427
Distinguished - BHPian

Noise in neutral would typically mean something before the gear box. Does the noise increase / decrease with engine RPM's or with speed? In light of your post I would expect the former but just checking.

No noise in fifth?? Gear rations? Unfortunately Ford - Ford Figo Specification Data does not give this information.

Normally 5th should be over drive so why should the noise disappear? Is it because not enough engine RPM's?
Old 15th November 2010, 19:06   #3428
Senior - BHPian

revmaxx
Just remembered something, Did you apply any kind of car wax/Paste/polish recently ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Hey Captain,

Any reasons for choosing the Crystal vision over Extreme power 55/60?
How do you find the performance compared to the stock bulbs?
Jay,
The CV produces a white light 4300K.
The EP produces a yellowish light 3000K-3300K similar to the stock bulbs.

I wanted something different that will make my car stand out

It does give a slightly better beam length and width, compared to the stock bulbs but they light up dark roads much much better because of the very bright white light. But inside the city it doesn't help much. On well lit roads sometimes you feel the headlight are not turned on.
I haven't tried them during the rains so I cant comment on that yet.
But on really dark roads where there are no street lights this CV lights up everything around you.
The most useful part of the CV is making those moronic drivers and cab drivers switch to low beam. When these guys come glaring with their high beam a simple flick to high beam is enough to make them switch to low beam

When I go out will try posting a picture on how effective this is on a dark roads.
Here is a Pic of the color chart to compare the lights.

Also I'm not a big fan of those blue lights 6000-8000K bulbs.

Herbie98
Could you ask your friend if the noise is coming from the manifold connecting to the silencer? This could have got lose when the car scraped somewhere.
Do keep us updated on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-colorchart.jpg  

Old 16th November 2010, 12:01   #3429
BHPian

Update from my friend & Cauvery Ford:

My friend was told by Carvery Ford that it was a defective clutch and it seems that they have replaced the clutch under warranty. It seems they tested the car for 10 kms and the 'Krrr' sound is no more found.

Tomorrow, my friend will be traveling to Mysore to check the car and get it back. Will post updates once the car is back.

Just to mention that my friend had also mentioned his grievances in a popular social networking site which caught the attention of Ford. Looks like Ford is quick to have their Service centers address Quality issues immediately. Good thing from Ford

Thanks!
Old 16th November 2010, 22:10   #3430
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@captain - Is it legal to use white bulb.
My car given to SC to check engine noise. The SA assured that they will look into it and comeback. They replaced drive belt to check the noise. But since the noise was reoccuring the replaced it with existing one. Again they found some pressure in one of the fuel injectors (nozzles) was not as per the recommended pressure in one cylinder. So interchanged with others. Called me today morning to check whether the noise is reduced.
Went there and took a test drive and find no improvement and left the car. They told they will recheck again. Two service technicians accompanied with me. I called SA today evening to know the status. He told that new injectors are ordered and will get them tomorrow evening. Will replace one by one and check the noise level. He told that he will update tomorrow.
The SA and technicians are very cooperative till now. They answered whatever I asked. They agree since this is new car, (Fiesta ECM & gear ratio are different) it is bit difficult to diagnose. So as said by Herbie and anilsanil trial & error only happens. Ford need to assist the service centres initially for these kind of issues.
I met a tbhpian at the SC.
Old 16th November 2010, 23:30   #3431
BHPian

changing to alloys

Changing stock wheels to alloys, will it affect the performance or FE in the figo or as a matter of fact in any car? In what way does it impact the performance of a car please?
Old 17th November 2010, 01:49   #3432
BHPian

Quote:
It does give a slightly better beam length and width, compared to the stock bulbs but they light up dark roads much much better because of the very bright white light. But inside the city it doesn't help much. On well lit roads sometimes you feel the headlight are not turned on
Thanks for the info and good to know that you do feel an improvement in the overall visibility. I still haven't felt the need for better lights mainly since night highway drives are very very rare. In case a need arises, might opt for the Extreme power since I'm a bit skeptical about the white light in the rains. Do post your experience as and when you get to face such conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Changing stock wheels to alloys, will it affect the performance or FE in the figo or as a matter of fact in any car? In what way does it impact the performance of a car please?
Provided tires remain the same, there will not be any noticeable change in performance on moving from steel rims to alloys. Alloys wheels are (usually!) lighter than steel rims of the same diameter, hence the total unsprung weight of the car decreases and hence the handling should improve a tad. FE gains due to the weight reduction would be negligible.

Overall positives
1) Reduces the unsprung weight of the car, aiding better handling + negligible increase in FE
2) Better air circulation to the brakes, hence better braking
3) Does not bend and thereby causing air leakage like the steel rims
4) With the correct set of alloys, your car will look awesome

Negatives
1) Getting replacement of a single alloy if broken (usually it comes as a set of 4)
2) Reduces your own unsprung weight, i.e., your wallet becomes a lot lighter than it used to be
Old 17th November 2010, 18:02   #3433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Provided tires remain the same, there will not be any noticeable change in performance on moving from steel rims to alloys. Alloys wheels are (usually!) lighter than steel rims of the same diameter, hence the total unsprung weight of the car decreases and hence the handling should improve a tad. FE gains due to the weight reduction would be negligible.

Overall positives
1) Reduces the unsprung weight of the car, aiding better handling + negligible increase in FE
2) Better air circulation to the brakes, hence better braking
3) Does not bend and thereby causing air leakage like the steel rims
4) With the correct set of alloys, your car will look awesome

Negatives
1) Getting replacement of a single alloy if broken (usually it comes as a set of 4)
2) Reduces your own unsprung weight, i.e., your wallet becomes a lot lighter than it used to be
thanks jayded, will be moving to alloys shortly based on your feedback!
Old 19th November 2010, 12:06   #3434
BHPian

Quote:
@captain slow was this the labour charges or metro ford replaced the existing bulbs and charged you this much ??? My figo is going for its 2nd service tommorow, and I also want to upgrade the bulbs.
Old 19th November 2010, 12:57   #3435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy.tripathy View Post
@captain slow was this the labour charges or metro ford replaced the existing bulbs and charged you this much ??? My figo is going for its 2nd service tommorow, and I also want to upgrade the bulbs.

Go to Rahul enterprises on FC Road (just near the Nokia Care and behind the BP petrol bunk) the charge for the said bulb is around 900-950 (white light) including installation.

I went for Extreme Power and they did it for 950.

Note: I am assuming you are in Pune!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks