Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 15:27   #721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
Amazing review, the car looks good but the interior colour is just horrible. They have to be dumb to use such a colour.
There is a blacktop dash as an option.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:54   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
The Diesel LXi starts from 5.14 OTR and the Titanium is at 6.06 OTR. The diff is approximately 92K. When you check the spec there are around 32 extra features (as per brochure) starting from smaller things (eg: door handle colors) to big ones (Airbags) for the diff of 92K. My assumption the cost of the extra features would have been definitely more than 92K. So the extra costs are included indirectly in the lower end LXi/Exi/Zxi models. This is the reason the LXi could not be priced lower as it should have been.
Taking another eg: Swift LDI & VDI ( no tech spec comparison). PW, Central Locking, Fog lamps are the main feature addition from LDI to VDI which comes around 30k which can be easily understood. The extra features have value of 30k and not more than that.
In Figo's case, since they want to target Zxi/Titanium, the difference between low end -Lxi to Titanium is kept at a price which will make customers to go for higher ends. The real factor is the lower ends are slightly higher priced to bear the cost of the additional features which are really not available for them
-- LXi/Exi buyers should definitely ask for discounts.
....... everyone knows all manufacturers cut prices at the lower end of spectrum by overcharging at higher end variants. Especially so in this case, where ford has tried to give a Swift sized car at roughly 50 K lower than swift (in Petrol).
Old 11th March 2010, 17:30   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Diesel LXi starts from 5.14 OTR and the Titanium is at 6.06 OTR. The diff is approximately 92K. When you check the spec there are around 32 extra features (as per brochure) starting from smaller things (eg: door handle colors) to big ones (Airbags) for the diff of 92K. My assumption the cost of the extra features would have been definitely more than 92K. So the extra costs are included indirectly in the lower end LXi/Exi/Zxi models. This is the reason the LXi could not be priced lower as it should have been.
Disagree. The skimming starts at the top, not at the base unless Ford predicts most of the sales will come from the top end versions. Another argument in favor of lowest base price is that the car suddently becomes attractive to whole lot of the population which otherwise wouldnt have thought about the car.

Now coming to the differences, although the list says 32 differences, some of them are too small to be even considered when talking about assembly line production like for instance chrome garnish for the side indicators. The major differences are bluetooth enabled stereo, height adjustable driver seat, ABS + Airbags, Rear wash & wipe and defogger and front power windows which I dont think cost more than 92k's at the factory.
Old 11th March 2010, 17:51   #724
BHPian

Jus took a test drive at MPL Ford Nandanam,
They had the Moondust i think Diesel Titanium and Coral Red Petrol Titanium.

Car looks good on the road,
Inside the car, the ORVM works perfectly, rear view mirror gives a complete view. May have obstruction if tall people sit in the back.
Steering wheel is very responisve ++
Gear stick is well placed and is comfy to shift ++
Feels quick, and responsive
B pillar creates a blindspot particularly for tall people as u sit backwards
AC is the best as mentioned in the reviews
Seats are not too soft neither are they too hard, should be comfortable for both highway and city driving
Horn is a bit awkward, needs to get used to it
so is the Indicator and the the wiper switch needs time to get used too.

Power windows on the front are nice but none on the rear window, sorely missed but everyone knows abt it.

Ride was quite nice, we took the car into the nandanam golf course road, and went over the road to the sides. Couldn't feel a thing, it was nice.

Engine noise is well insulated, a light murmur is heard when you switch the sound systems off.

Rear headroom is less for tall people, may cause issues while running over bumps at avg speed.

U Turns will be a piece of work, it doesn't have a large turning radius.

Has anyone checked if the side mirrors are flexible, that is like the ones in Polo??
Sound system is great.

Would take an extended drive over the saturday, will see how it performs.
Old 11th March 2010, 18:31   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Jus took a test drive at MPL Ford Nandanam,
Which one you Test Drove - Petrol or Diesel ?
Old 11th March 2010, 18:35   #726
BHPian

^^ I had the same question.

Also - are the stock tires adequate or do we need to upgrade them ?
Old 11th March 2010, 18:43   #727
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Disagree. The skimming starts at the top, not at the base unless Ford predicts most of the sales will come from the top end versions. Another argument in favor of lowest base price is that the car suddently becomes attractive to whole lot of the population which otherwise wouldnt have thought about the car.

Now coming to the differences, although the list says 32 differences, some of them are too small to be even considered when talking about assembly line production like for instance chrome garnish for the side indicators. The major differences are bluetooth enabled stereo, height adjustable driver seat, ABS + Airbags, Rear wash & wipe and defogger and front power windows which I dont think cost more than 92k's at the factory.
I think you have bit misunderstood. Ford thinks clearly the business is from the top 2 models (ZXI & Titanium) and they are rightly priced as accepted by all. The diff between exshowroom pricing on diesel is exactly 82k which is relatively small amount to make customer to go for topend when they enter to the showroom to buy LXI. My assumption is to attract customers directly to topend the lowerend models are priced higher.

Leave out small differences. Between Zxi and Titanium the diff is only 32k (exshowroom - diesel) for ABS, Airbags, 6speed wiper, Anti drip wipe. I think the amount 32K is small for that additional features, so the extra costs are pumped indirectly into the lower models.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:09   #728
Senior - BHPian

175/65 R14 is by any means adequate. Much better than swift's 165/80 R14.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:14   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Leave out small differences. Between Zxi and Titanium the diff is only 32k (exshowroom - diesel) for ABS, Airbags, 6speed wiper, Anti drip wipe. I think the amount 32K is small for that additional features, so the extra costs are pumped indirectly into the lower models.
Again the 6-speed wiper when compared to the wiper motor already in the ZXi wouldn't make much of a difference to the cost. The 32k difference is then ideally for ABS and Airbags only.

Lets take the case of Fiat here, where the Emotion and Emotion Pack variants have a cost difference of around 50-60k's. For that you get Alloys, Fatter Tyres, Blue & Me, Automatic Climate Control, Steering Mounted Controls and comprehensive MY CAR diagnostics.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:27   #730
BHPian

Should Figo be a success, then the only thing that might cause a worry is the waiting period.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:47   #731
BANNED

My dealer told me that i will get my figo tomorrow or day after tomorrow.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:49   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Oh That's great.

Congratulations, could probably be the first one on T-BHP. Which color did you opt?
Old 11th March 2010, 19:49   #733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Congratulations! What colour is it?
Old 11th March 2010, 19:51   #734
BHPian

Is the 1L price difference between Petrol engine Figo and Diesel Figo is justified?

Does Figo indirectly wants petrol Figo to sell more than Diesel Figos?

Price slabs between each model seems non linear with feature add ons.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:59   #735
Senior - BHPian

has anyone seen the black interiors of the lower end versions (i think they wont have the the silver finish around stereo and a/c vents). Any idea on how good they look?

Most Viewed