Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 20:02   #7381
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Just to share some from my side. If I am not wrong have you got your car serviced at Planet Ford?

Yes I too noticed that some of the things which are written on the periodic table are not changed by service center. I also I gave it some thought but then its like too much of knowledge is also harmful
Yes, it was Planet Ford. You can see their logo on the bill in the background . I am yet to experience their "no charging" for a task. I am not complaining about overcharging for a task but rather about adding unnecessory works to the list of things. I have more or less decided now to categorically decline all the additional tasks like brake pad cleaning or filter change when car goes for servicing the next time.

Regarding the service center, I am getting a feeling that it is getting crowded. Planet Ford had only two Quick Service Bays where all the cars that came for routine service were taken care of but they had brought in 3 more cars in that area in the driveway and were working on those as well. Earlier I owned Maruti 800, and atleast in Pune, I did not see any car being serviced in the driveway. Each one was serviced in service bay only.
Old 31st October 2012, 21:54   #7382
Senior - BHPian

Folks

After taking delivery of a white Figo on October 18th, and tanking up on the same day, I got a chance to top it up today, after driving around 578 kms.

I'm glad to note that the F.E. turned out to be 16.02, which is way above my expectations, that too, after upsizing tyres to 185/65/14, which gives 2% error on the lower side.

Of course, the 3 runs to airport (210 kms in all) might have added to the good F.E., but the rest 368 kms was in city conditions.

I shall create an ownership thread soon for a better picture.
Old 1st November 2012, 22:31   #7383

Guys, Need a favor from you. My car (Figo diesel, titanium) is going for registration next week and on insisting, the dealer agreed to show the car to me before registration. Suggest a few things that i should check before it goes for registration. And pls provide the link where i can check the manufacturing date. Thanks in advance
Old 1st November 2012, 23:17   #7384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaknav View Post

The list of things that will be done as part of this were:
AC disinfection treatment
Wheel alignment & balancing (Now i think should not have done it here)
Fuel Injector cleaning
Engine oil flushing and change etc.

I will post the entire list and cost once i have the final invoice. However 9.5K is too much which will go upto 10K once cost of wheel balancing weights are added.
Daylight robbery !

Fuel injector cleaning and engine oil flushing at 20k kms

Next time strictly refuse and it would be better if you can find some other service station which does a good job.
Old 2nd November 2012, 03:27   #7385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaknav View Post
@Shipnil, At least your bill amounts to 4K. I gave my Figo for 20K servicing today at Shreeji Ford, Thane. The quote was around 9.5K of which 5K was for labour itself

The list of things that will be done as part of this were:
AC disinfection treatment
Wheel alignment & balancing (Now i think should not have done it here)
Fuel Injector cleaning
Engine oil flushing and change etc.

I will post the entire list and cost once i have the final invoice. However 9.5K is too much which will go upto 10K once cost of wheel balancing weights are added.

I am also getting my RTB and Instrument Cluster (apparently there is some problem with my cluster too) replacement free of cost.

What do you guyz think? Is Shreeji Ford plainly fleecing me? I would like to know what was the cost incurred by other Figo owners for their 20K paid servicing.
"AC disinfection treatment whats that , I have heard of cabin filter replacement. Fuel Injector cleaning and engine flushing is not required, always go by what the owners manual says. Again wheel alignment and balancing is always cheaper if done outside, dealer cannot force.
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:16   #7386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu View Post
Guys, Need a favor from you. My car (Figo diesel, titanium) is going for registration next week and on insisting, the dealer agreed to show the car to me before registration. Suggest a few things that i should check before it goes for registration. And pls provide the link where i can check the manufacturing date. Thanks in advance
Use the Team Bhp PDI checklist to do a thorough inspection. Search on the forum. The VIN number would be below drivers seat. Push the seat back, you will see a hump below. Part of the mattress would be removable. Under this you will see VIN number. You can decipher this by using the excellent article by wildon.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/96830-article-find-your-cars-date-manufacture-vin-69.html

Last edited by shipnil : 2nd November 2012 at 09:22.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:29   #7387
Senior - BHPian

Guys, has anyone ever noticed their Figo's (particularly the TDCi model) radiator fan switching on? It runs continuously with the AC, but without the AC, I have probably noticed it running only once. That leads me to the following 2 questions:

1. Do others also have such a low or almost nil frequency of the radiator fan coming on?

2. Also, has anybody ever checked the temperature on the Test mode while driving in city traffic? If yes, what's the highest temperature your car's ever reached?
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:29   #7388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu View Post
PDI: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
VIN No: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 09:10   #7389
Senior - BHPian

Guys, anyone with any answers to these questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Guys, has anyone ever noticed their Figo's (particularly the TDCi model) radiator fan switching on? It runs continuously with the AC, but without the AC, I have probably noticed it running only once. That leads me to the following 2 questions:

1. Do others also have such a low or almost nil frequency of the radiator fan coming on?

2. Also, has anybody ever checked the temperature on the Test mode while driving in city traffic? If yes, what's the highest temperature your car's ever reached?
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:50   #7390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9
Guys, anyone with any answers to these questions?
I don't know the answer to Q1 but the running temperature in city traffic for me is 83-84'C constantly.
kart19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 11:36   #7391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
For the left you should be able to access the bulb assembly straight away.
I had tried removing and refitting the right hand side bulb, by removing the coolant tank and I never gave enough attention to the left hand side. Apparently, there is no way you can reach the left hand side bulb without removing the headlamp assembly. The ECU, windshield washer reservoir, the battery etc. come in the way. I asked the service personnel at the dealership and he told me that there is no way to access the left side bulb, without removing the assembly. He told that it's the same with the Fiesta, but not in the Ikon, where there is enough room to work.
Old 5th November 2012, 11:54   #7392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I had tried removing and refitting the right hand side bulb, by removing the coolant tank and I never gave enough attention to the left hand side. Apparently, there is no way you can reach the left hand side bulb without removing the headlamp assembly. The ECU, windshield washer reservoir, the battery etc. come in the way. I asked the service personnel at the dealership and he told me that there is no way to access the left side bulb, without removing the assembly. He told that it's the same with the Fiesta, but not in the Ikon, where there is enough room to work.
Nope. That is completely incorrect. I have replaced my headlights TWICE on my own in my basement garage. My hand was able to reach and remove and refit the bulb easily.
Old 5th November 2012, 12:40   #7393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Nope. That is completely incorrect. I have replaced my headlights TWICE on my own in my basement garage. My hand was able to reach and remove and refit the bulb easily.
I did not try it myself. Will try today and post some pictures also if possible. Thanks for the info anyway.
Old 5th November 2012, 21:11   #7394

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Daylight robbery !

Fuel injector cleaning and engine oil flushing at 20k kms

Next time strictly refuse and it would be better if you can find some other service station which does a good job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
"AC disinfection treatment whats that , I have heard of cabin filter replacement. Fuel Injector cleaning and engine flushing is not required, always go by what the owners manual says. Again wheel alignment and balancing is always cheaper if done outside, dealer cannot force.
Thanks Guys. From next time i will be really careful about all this. Plus i am really pissed off with the job done by Shreeji Ford. My steering wheel is now off center (turned slightly towards the right for center position of the wheels) after the alignment.

Plus as part of the Ford replacement, i had my Display cluster replacement too. Here they fouled up really bad.
First they got a Cluster with no RPM meter in it and transferred the old cluster's odometer reading into it via IDS and got the keys configured to this new cluster.
I noticed this and told them to replace it with a proper cluster. Now they got a second cluster and they were not able to transfer the odometer reading for some reason. My actual reading was around 13700KM. The new cluster had 5387KM reading. I am guessing they used an old fixed cluster here, because the first one had 0 reading originally, But both came in same type of boxes, so i had no way of confirming this assumption. The person doing the replacement told me reading cannot be transferred and was infact insisting that it's good for me for resale. Car will have less KMs to show for.
I told him i won't take that and i don't want to mess up my odometer reading. He tried once again and told me its not possible.

With no other option visible i told them i want this in writing and on their records that this happened during the cluster change. Now comes the real clincher. Shreeji Ford (or maybe it's Ford) has started some new practice of taking feedback from the customer in a form. When i ticked dissatisfied, the SA had the audacity to ask me why sir? (Can you believe that!!!). After hearing me out about the cluster he told me give me some time. Later after discussion with the guy who messed up with the reading, he told me that they can fix the odometer reading to my old reading. But i will have to leave my car with them for the entire day.
Since it was not possible for me then (they had kept my car for 3 days already), now i am going to give my car back to them this coming Saturday and have my odometer reading fixed. Plus get my steering wheel alignment done. Also there is some loose body panel in the rear RHS which was not there before giving my figo for servicing. On smooth roads there is no sound but a slightly bad road is enough to create the rattling sound back there.

Also i have a question about the engine oil. I checked the engine oil in my car to confirm it has been replaced. i saw that the oil is not clear and on my finger left a black spot. i asked the SA about this. He told me the engine oil for diesel's are already greenish black. And after a little running even after flushing it picks up some left over material from the engine and will look black. I am not sure about this, as this is my first diesel car. Can the experts please confirm this?

I must say this, Shreeji ford is really horrible. And has surely left me with a bad aftertaste about ford. I am definitely going to raise this with Ford directly.

Can you guys suggest which Ford service center is good and honest in Mumbai. I stay in Thane and there is no other option here other than Shreeji. But after this experience i am willing to drive the extra distance!
Old 5th November 2012, 21:33   #7395
BHPian

Ok, so finally I tried the bulb replacement on the left hand side myself and I found a way to reach the bulb holder. But still, I don't find it easy to reach the holder and twist it. For example, in my Santro, it's much easier to reach the holder on both sides.

Figo's left hand side headlamp holder

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20121105_204151.jpg

Santro's left side

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20121105_204445.jpg

And right side

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20121105_204507.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks