Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2012, 19:01   #7426
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd January 2013 at 14:59.
desideep is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th November 2012, 23:09   #7427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Sorry about your window. This happens when there are careless kids monkeying around!
My figo too had its window shattered when some kids were playing with stones.
The cost was about 1400 rupees with labor but this was a year back so i dont know if the cost have increased or decreased.
the ford service guys did a good job .
Thanks for the Input . For 1400/- I am not going for the Insurance for sure. Will get the window glass replaced tomorrow.

@Desideep: I don't think Window Glass for a figo would be available at local vendors because mine is a fairly small town and as far as I know, ford doesn't sell its spares freely in the outside market.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 20th November 2012 at 23:12.
Old 22nd November 2012, 07:38   #7428

I have a peculiar problem in my new figo. I have a 4gb USB and about 100 songs in it without any folder structure. The player refuses to play after the 25th song and reverts back to radio. Has anyone else faced this problem??
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:24   #7429
Senior - BHPian

Check what is the value of the audio sampling rate for the song that causes this problem (i.e. 26th song). The Figo HU cannot read anything above 44100 Hz.

However, if the value is below 44100 Hz or 44kHz, then it could be something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu View Post
I have a peculiar problem in my new figo. I have a 4gb USB and about 100 songs in it without any folder structure. The player refuses to play after the 25th song and reverts back to radio. Has anyone else faced this problem??
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:20   #7430
BHPian

Quote:
I faced the issue - but that file was in non recognizable format(ogg). Just try after removing that 26th file - it could work.
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:03   #7431
BHPian

So team, Im getting the 20k km service done on my Figo petrol tomorrow. Although its just travelled only 17k kms. How much of a service bill can I expect?

Also can I voluntarily opt out of wheel alignment, balancing and rotation? As I get these done from Madhus itself.

Also I was thinking of rectifying the headlamps issue. Visibility is really very poor at night with the stock setup. Will getting fog lamps help to some extent? Also any other bulbs I can opt for in the front headlamps and how much would they cost? I hear the OSRAM ones arent that great. how is Phillips? I see that the stock bulbs are 60/55w rated. Anything powerful than this? Do the SVC guys fit any bulbs we may get from outside?

Please advise.

Thanks.
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:31   #7432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
I faced the issue - but that file was in non recognizable format(ogg). Just try after removing that 26th file - it could work.
All my files are .mp3 files. Does it have anything to do with the file system of the USB or the capacity of the USB. Mine is a 4gb pen drive
Also, it does not read my ipod shuffle. It says memory error!!!
Old 23rd November 2012, 20:28   #7433
Senior - BHPian

I had recently given my figo for 50K service. When I had gone to collect it at about 6:00 pm, I was told that the vehicle had to go for a test drive. 4 "test drivers" got in to the car right in front of me. Myself and the SA were waiting for about 1/2 hour for the car to return. Only 1 test driver was in the car and the odo read 12 kms.
I sometimes wonder why we give our cars for service.
Old 24th November 2012, 09:22   #7434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
So team, Im getting the 20k km service done on my Figo petrol tomorrow. Although its just travelled only 17k kms. How much of a service bill can I expect?

Also can I voluntarily opt out of wheel alignment, balancing and rotation? As I get these done from Madhus itself.
You can tell them you got the wheels aligned recently.
Without the alignment and balancing, the bill should be around 3500/- at Metro ford.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 11:25   #7435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk

You can tell them you got the wheels aligned recently.
Thanks. I already got the service done and by using the exact same statement i avoided wheel balancing. Although they had a system similar to Madhus but still i skipped.

The bill came 3600/- inr for the service.

Can anyone suggest me a good electricals guy in Bangalore, who can attach fog lamps and more powerful bulbs in the headlamp without tampering with existing wires?
Old 25th November 2012, 23:23   #7436
BHPian

Has anyone raised the ground clearance of the Figo ? Just back few days ago from a trip and the car grounded on high bumps thrice on the trip with 4 on board. Ground clearance is one aspect that the Figo needs to be worked on.

Now crossed 7000km, the Figo's AC seems to be weak. Doesn't chill the cabin like it used to and needs to set at blower setting 3 to get some meaningful cool air. I have asked dad to get it checked, probably leaking the gas. Has anyone experienced AC issues like this ?
Old 25th November 2012, 23:29   #7437
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded to 185/65-14 on day 1 and so far it hasn't touched on any speed breakers.
Old 25th November 2012, 23:41   #7438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci
Has anyone raised the ground clearance of the Figo ? Just back few days ago from a trip and the car grounded on high bumps thrice on the trip with 4 on board. Ground clearance is one aspect that the Figo needs to be worked on.

Now crossed 7000km, the Figo's AC seems to be weak. Doesn't chill the cabin like it used to and needs to set at blower setting 3 to get some meaningful cool air. I have asked dad to get it checked, probably leaking the gas. Has anyone experienced AC issues like this ?
Yes. Ground clearance is the worst thing about this otherwise fantabulous car. I have upgraded to 185/65 R 14 after 40k kms and the GC issue has had some major respite. However it still scrapes if you are not careful enough. You can get away with many scrapers by negotiating humps at an angle, intelligent braking and sedate driving habits.

The AC of figo is best in class and I have never found an instance when I had to put it to 3 blower settings. Even at mid day with scorching heat outside, I could do with 2 blower setting. You'd rather get it checked ASAP.
Old 26th November 2012, 00:19   #7439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Need an urgent help! The front left windshield of my Ford Figo shattered today morning. Some kid bursting a cracker near my car, and by the time I could stop him, probably a splinter from the fire cracker did its job:-(

Now I am in a dilemma whether to register a claim, or get it done myself at my own expense. What could be the approx cost, any body any idea?
Got the window glass changed @ FASSC. The cost of replacement was:

Cost of Glass with Taxes : Rs. 1226.14

Cost of Labor with Taxes : Rs. 280.65

Also got the front brake calipers greased for Rs. 224.72

Final Bill: Rs. 1730
Old 26th November 2012, 09:11   #7440
BHPian

Quote:
All my files are .mp3 files. Does it have anything to do with the file system of the USB or the capacity of the USB. Mine is a 4gb pen drive
Also, it does not read my ipod shuffle. It says memory error!!!
It does not matter if the files are just .mp3's. There are multiple encoders that can be used to convert the sound stream to an mp3 file and there are multiple bit rates etc etc. All the combinations are not supported by the Figo OEM HU. There was a post some time before regarding this same issue. What I do is that I do a batch conversion of files, to a setting which I know will work on the HU. I use Media Coder for encoding the files and MP3Gain for normalizing the volume (both are free). Here is the link to my previous post with the settings.
Regarding iPod shuffle, AFAIK, you cannot use it as a mass storage device on the HU (blame it on Apple ). If you have to use a shuffle, you have to connect it through the Aux-in and play the songs from the shuffle. Otherwise, you need a HU which supports iPod. Then, you can control the iPod devices from your HU. (I don't think the OEM HU of Figo supports iPod control.)

Most Viewed