Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2013, 17:05   #7621
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Another annoying niggle is the brake caliper noise from the front left. Greasing works well but the annoying rattle starts again after couple of hundred kms.Any permanent solution to this?
Hi BHK,
Mine is a Aug 2010 model & had the same issue with brake clipers but then Ford addressed it & they officially replaced both the calipers.

There was an issue in the older mechanism of the calipers & they changed that mechanism later & later Figos came with sorted brake calipers.

Last edited by ajnagpur : 29th January 2013 at 17:06. Reason: type o to 0
Old 30th January 2013, 15:19   #7622
Team-BHP Support

Hi!

Did a small mod to the Figo's empty rear tail lamp slot. Filled it up with a pair of bulb.

It is pretty easy. You need to open the tail lamp cluster and find holder & bulb of similar configuration/design.

Hook it up with the current wiring & voila, you have two pairs of parking/brake-lamps.

I initially wanted to hook it up with the rear-fog lamp switch. The electrician (local) wasn't very sure & I knew Ford ASC would site multiple reason not to do this simple mod. Hence had to do it at the available sources.

Here is the end result
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_0024.jpg  

Sheel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 21:32   #7623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
..Did a small mod to the Figo's empty rear tail lamp slot. Filled it up with a pair of bulb....Here is the end result
You could have sourced a pair of strobes! Would have added extra bling to your car!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 21:52   #7624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I initially wanted to hook it up with the rear-fog lamp switch. The electrician (local) wasn't very sure & I knew Ford ASC would site multiple reason not to do this simple mod. Hence had to do it at the available sources.

Here is the end result
Looks very good. I am tempted to try this out this weekend. So all I need to do is take it to the local accessories shop and have that guy fix 2 bulbs of similar wattage and size, right?

Connecting to the rear fog lamp switch seems to be a good idea, but I guess one needs to know if there is indeed a wire that runs from the switch to the rear lamp assembly. Is this the part your electrician did not know?
Old 30th January 2013, 21:59   #7625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You could have sourced a pair of strobes! Would have added extra bling to your car!
Extra bling? That would be like B-L-I-N-G!!!!! And my Car is stock. Thanks anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Looks very good. I am tempted to try this out this weekend. So all I need to do is take it to the local accessories shop and have that guy fix 2 bulbs of similar wattage and size, right?

Connecting to the rear fog lamp switch seems to be a good idea, but I guess one needs to know if there is indeed a wire that runs from the switch to the rear lamp assembly. Is this the part your electrician did not know?
Bulb would be easy to source. For the holder, you might have to scour a bit. But nothing much extra ordinary.

Yes, you need to hook it up to the rear fog-lamp switch, if you want it connected from there. And that is the part my electrician wasn't sure about. Hence, we opted out.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 22:17   #7626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Bulb would be easy to source. For the holder, you might have to scour a bit. But nothing much extra ordinary.

Thanks. But now I am a bit wary since you've mentioned a holder also. So are you saying that the slot is empty without even a holder in the stock car? In that case, which wire should be attached to the holder? Does one have to cut or splice the wire that is currently attached to the parking light?
Old 31st January 2013, 14:47   #7627
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks. But now I am a bit wary since you've mentioned a holder also. So are you saying that the slot is empty without even a holder in the stock car? In that case, which wire should be attached to the holder? Does one have to cut or splice the wire that is currently attached to the parking light?
Yes, you have to source a holder which shall fit the empty slot in the tail lamp cluster. It isn't much radical IMO & would be easy to source.

And how would you make the additional bulb work without slicing/cutting & adding the wire? But then this is comparatively safe. I myself have kept my car stock. No upgrades to any part save for alloys. This didn't involve much, hence...else I would be looking at hooking it up with the rear fog-lamp.

Sorry for the late reply, had logged off yesterday :-)
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 13:34   #7628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
My new Figo has barely crossed 500km on the odometer and has started squeaking on undulating roads. These squeaking sounds seem to come from left side below the dashboard. Any idea what could be causing it?
Dont be bothered too much, few of these squeaking areas on the front left and rear right are chronic issues to Figo. You will very soon not hear them as you will get used to some of these.
Old 1st February 2013, 21:31   #7629
BHPian

This might come across as a shocker . But it happened a few days back to my figo . I was driving smoothly and all of a sudden i heard a metal screeching sound from the car . I immediately stopped the car and inspected . This is what i saw . then the cra had to be put in a recovery van.( Which came in 45 minutes flat ) . The A.S.S Chennai Ford weren't very helpful and they answered in monosyllables for all my questions . The car having pretty low ground clearance has been hit in the underbelly quite a number of times softly . During my previous service ( ODO :40k . Current ODO : 41k) i clearly asked them to check the underbelly and they said its all fine and that they had rectified the sqeaky noise from the rear . Ford is no more a trustable car for long drives for me . Incidentally this happened the next day i returned from a 100KM drive .
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc_0280.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc_0282.jpg  

icyspikey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 22:07   #7630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Dont be bothered too much, few of these squeaking areas on the front left and rear right are chronic issues to Figo. You will very soon not hear them as you will get used to some of these.
Haha ! So true . now that my figo has done about 42k . there are noises coming from three corners
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:56   #7631
BHPian

Quote:
Ford ASC would site multiple reason not to do this simple mod. Hence had to do it at the available sources.
This looks neat. Any idea why ford would advise against it? would it result in some wiring/electrical issue? I have been contemplating on this mod from quite some time however due to warranty issues never ventured into the mod.
Old 2nd February 2013, 12:33   #7632
BHPian

@icyspikey, that looks like your fuel tank broke its brackets. Not a major thing, scary yes, but not major.

Do keep us posted on how things turn out.
Old 2nd February 2013, 17:03   #7633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
This looks neat. Any idea why ford would advise against it? would it result in some wiring/electrical issue? I have been contemplating on this mod from quite some time however due to warranty issues never ventured into the mod.
Though I have availed 3rd year extended warranty, I decided to do this mod.

I am really not sure if Ford would approve or disapprove of this. Though anything which is not stock, might be disapproved, depends on how the ASC & SM look at it.

Chances are, there won't be any wiring/electrical issue, else the electrician wouldn't have done that job and it isn't a complex job IMO.
Old 2nd February 2013, 17:31   #7634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
@icyspikey, that looks like your fuel tank broke its brackets. Not a major thing, scary yes, but not major.

Do keep us posted on how things turn out.
Rs.2000 Charged for new brackets . Yeah not major but very scary . The fuel started leaking and the car lost around half tank on the way to my A.S.S.
Old 2nd February 2013, 18:14   #7635
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed scary & irrespective of how minor or major this problem is, it is a serious concern since such things have not been known to fail in cars, especially not in a car that's a maximum of 2 years of age.

The Maruti Zen was another car that had terribly low clearance but then it never managed to break anything.

I am seriously starting to doubt the quality control that Ford has in place for the Figo. They say that quality comes at a price & so, are we wrong in putting our faith in Ford?

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyspikey View Post
This might come across as a shocker . But it happened a few days back to my figo . I was driving smoothly and all of a sudden i heard a metal screeching sound from the car . I immediately stopped the car and inspected . This is what i saw . then the cra had to be put in a recovery van.( Which came in 45 minutes flat ) . The A.S.S Chennai Ford weren't very helpful and they answered in monosyllables for all my questions . The car having pretty low ground clearance has been hit in the underbelly quite a number of times softly . During my previous service ( ODO :40k . Current ODO : 41k) i clearly asked them to check the underbelly and they said its all fine and that they had rectified the sqeaky noise from the rear . Ford is no more a trustable car for long drives for me . Incidentally this happened the next day i returned from a 100KM drive .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks