Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2013, 01:30   #7666
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_gpb View Post
...Have observed that highway mileage is around 17 for consistent speeds of 80-90 kmph with ocassional 100-110 kmph and with 100% AC...
Has this observation based on tankful to tankful readings? Also what was the load you had during the highway drive? Unless it's 4 well built people, I feel this is low. Or is it OK for a Figo?
Old 11th February 2013, 07:53   #7667
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Just wanted to check on mileage figures for figo tdci. Mine has done 9300 on the odo. Only first servicing done. However have got the engine oil changed once at 2k.

Has been consistently giving 12.5 to 13 in Blr city traffic. I do an average of 25 km every day in city traffic with multiple short trips. In fact more than 70% of that would be bumper to bumper traffic in high traffic density roads. AC is on 50% of time in City conditions.

Have observed that highway mileage is around 17 for consistent speeds of 80-90 kmph with ocassional 100-110 kmph and with 100% AC.

I may agree with city mileage but was expecting more on the highway. Since mine is due for second service, wanted to check if there is anything i can get checked with regard to mileage.

Thanks in advance for your inputs,
If its 80-90 kmph on the highway, you should be getting around 20+ easily. I had my fiesta returning around 17kmpl with way higher top speeds. The city figures look ok to me since you do short trips and high traffic density.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 09:42   #7668
BHPian

My Figo is Jul-2011 and ODO is @20K

Right from ODO 600+ I have kept tankfull to tankfull Lits and Odo reading record. As of Today overall FE is 20.3.

My usual daily running is 15/20 KM (5 to 8KM bursts), weekly 1/2 100KM runs and occasionally 500+KM highway runs.

Highest I have got is 25KMPL and lowest I have got is 17KMPL

I rarely drive above 100KMPH even on tolled 4 lane highways.

The key is be sedate, judge traffic ahead and minimize gear shifts, keep rev between 1400 to 2000.
whitelion is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 12:20   #7669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
My point is why Ford is not proactively recalling cars to upgrade the software? Only once problem happens and owner realizes problem, they upgrade software!!
My stalling problem came back today despite the Elite ford guys claiming to have updated the ECU S/W last week. They did a shoddy job of servicing overall with multiple items not properly attended to. I need to give them a good firing when i take my car again this week.

Quote:
Hi all,

Just wanted to check on mileage figures for figo tdci. Mine has done 9300 on the odo. Only first servicing done. However have got the engine oil changed once at 2k.

Has been consistently giving 12.5 to 13 in Blr city traffic. I do an average of 25 km every day in city traffic with multiple short trips. In fact more than 70% of that would be bumper to bumper traffic in high traffic density roads. AC is on 50% of time in City conditions.
Your numbers are not too far from mine. I get 13-14 kmpl in bangalore city traffic . I havnt driven a lot on highways but i get about 18kmpl. Do keep one thing in mind that TDCi engine seems to be sensitive to kind of diesel you use. HP always gives the best mileage. I did bring this up during my 2nd service last week, but havnt seen much change in mileage yet.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 12:21   #7670
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Have observed that highway mileage is around 17 for consistent speeds of 80-90 kmph with ocassional 100-110 kmph and with 100% AC.

I may agree with city mileage but was expecting more on the highway. Since mine is due for second service, wanted to check if there is anything i can get checked with regard to mileage.

Multiple short trip should be the culprit for the lower mileage within city. Highway if you consistently drive, you will easily get 20+. But if you cross 100 regularly, then it drops to 17-18.

My Figo is 32K KMs now. My overall average is 17.2 kmpl. Highest i got is 25 kmpl and lowest is 14 kmpl. For long trips, i usually do around 90 and occasionally 100-110. Have done 6 long trips with 500+ KMs and the mileage so far is consistent. A/c is always on.
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 12:26   #7671
Senior - BHPian

My remapped Figo is exactly 3 months old today, Odo is at 7500 kms.

It clocks 160kms on every alternate week day.

Average has been hovering between 17 ~ 20kmpl. Initially it started with 17 kmpl and after remap it hasn't come below 18 even once, though i'm not sure if its due to the remap or the running in. AC is always ON.

Mostly it cruises in the range 80 ~ 140 kmph, thanks to good roads around NCR.

This car has brilliant chassis and dynamics and in contrast the engine is absolutely dead.

Last edited by kpzen : 11th February 2013 at 12:29.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 12:40   #7672
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the FE also depends on a lot on your braking. The more & hard you brake, your FE drops (on any car). I have seen real bad FE while driving like that in my Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
My remapped Figo is exactly 3 months old today, Odo is at 7500 kms...
Do you have a thread running on it? I am not sure I have come across it, please do provide a link if you have!
Old 11th February 2013, 12:44   #7673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Has this observation based on tankful to tankful readings? Also what was the load you had during the highway drive? Unless it's 4 well built people, I feel this is low. Or is it OK for a Figo?
Yes, the observations are based on tankfull to tankfull method.

Load of 3 medium sized people with about 20 kg of luggage.
Old 11th February 2013, 16:41   #7674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Do you have a thread running on it? I am not sure I have come across it, please do provide a link if you have!
No thread on the Figo yet.

Last edited by kpzen : 11th February 2013 at 16:58.
Old 11th February 2013, 16:57   #7675
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
If its 80-90 kmph on the highway, you should be getting around 20+ easily. I had my fiesta returning around 17kmpl with way higher top speeds. The city figures look ok to me since you do short trips and high traffic density.
I believe it is little less even when we talk about city traffic.

My 2000 KM old figo has been giving the following figures:

1st tank full (100% city driving, 50% AC): 741 kms; 43 litres : Mileage 17.23 km/l
2nd tank full (50 % City 50% highway driving, 50% AC) : 785 Kms ; 38 litres : Mileage 20.65 km/l

I am on 3rd tank full now and on day of filing diesel DTE was 801 Kms. Have driven 375 Kms with 70 % AC and fuel needle is still hovering above 1/2 tank.

My daily run is 65 Kms in Pune's bumper to bumper city traffic.

Last edited by pankaj_sachdeva : 11th February 2013 at 16:59.
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 17:16   #7676
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
TDCi engine seems to be sensitive to kind of diesel you use. HP always gives the best mileage.
A car will give its best fuel economy if its is provided with clean fuel. Doesn't really matter if its from HP, BP or IOC. I have been loyally sticking with an IOC outlet for the past couple of months & the result is satisfying.

With alterations in my driving style, my DTE has risen from 550kms to 800+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
the engine is absolutely dead.
Despite the remap? You should have driven your Getz D with part throttle before trading places

Quote:
I think the FE also depends on a lot on your braking. The more & hard you brake, your FE drops (on any car). I have seen real bad FE while driving like that in my Swift.
With smooth driving manners (w/o being slow), fuel economy can be bumped up & is good for Car as well.

I have seen figs as low as 12 in mine.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 21:34   #7677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A car will give its best fuel economy if its is provided with clean fuel. Doesn't really matter if its from HP, BP or IOC. I have been loyally sticking with an IOC outlet for the past couple of months & the result is satisfying.
I regularly fill diesel from BP bunk on Jeevan Bhima Nagar road (one next to police station). Have read some reviews about them being better than other bunks in terms of fuel quality; so have sticked with them. However off late i am seeing some problems with the way they are behaving with customers. In fact once, they had swiped my credit card twice and acted innocent. Were very rude when questioned. The bunk manager intervened and was helpful. Had it not been for him, i would have stopped going to that bunk after that incident.
Old 12th February 2013, 10:16   #7678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Despite the remap? You should have driven your Getz D with part throttle before trading places

Comparatively, remapped Figo is pretty quick but the gearing/ tuning is such that it runs outta breath pretty soon.
At 100kph in 5th gear, RPM is around 2500 and you got another 500 RPM of good power. Beyond 3k RPM excitement dies.
In case of Getz, it does 100kph @ 2k RPM and thats is when the missile kicks in and goes relentlessly until 4k RPM thanks to the revv happy VGT tuning.

Anyways, no point comparing the two, i'm SPOILT.
Comparison creeps in every time only because i had to spend 1 lac more for the Figo.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 11:12   #7679
Team-BHP Support

All is not lost. I hope the Figo makes up by cornering at speeds which were undo-able in the Getz.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 11:25   #7680
Senior - BHPian

Sheel
Undoubtedly, it is the handling king among all hatchbacks & many higher segment cars.
If it wasn't, i would have been driving a Sail now.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed