Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2013, 23:56   #7861
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Any variant and any shade can get the celebration accessories package fitted at the dealers' for Rs 27000 against individual total price of Rs 33K. The celebration accessories come as a single package except the decal stickers. White car comes with decal factory stuck.
Absolutely, a call to the dealer put all my speculation to rest. Package was quoted to be 22k for me. Might be going for it. Its everything except the decals since my car is a different color.

Its coming home soon, I can't wait!
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 00:31   #7862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
KA your figo was petrol, na? Didn't notice any TDCi sign on it. How much has it run?
My Figo was, is, and always will be, a petrol car! Done 22K till now, it is 2 years and 10 months old.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 09:56   #7863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Package was quoted to be 22k for me. Might be going for it. Its coming home soon, I can't wait!
I am also in the line to take the plunge, the sale of the Alto with me is the rider now.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 14:48   #7864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
My Figo was, is, and always will be, a petrol car! Done 22K till now, it is 2 years and 10 months old.
Hi KA,
Any particular reason you are being such a hot fan of petrol? Thought the TDCI Engine was better off in terms of drive through performance and meandering on in the rush hour traffic.
Or did you buy the petrol engine car just because you hardly log a 1000 every month which I think is very much valid.
Old 12th March 2013, 15:00   #7865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Hi KA,
Any particular reason you are being such a hot fan of petrol? Thought the TDCI Engine was better off in terms of drive through performance and meandering on in the rush hour traffic.
Or did you buy the petrol engine car just because you hardly log a 1000 every month which I think is very much valid.
I bought a petrol Figo because my running is around 650km/month, so not worth paying the premium for diesel. 3 years ago, when I did the math, a diesel car would be worth the 1 lakh premium if the running was over 1200km/month. Today, it is dangerously close to 700km/month.

And although I do prefer petrol engines over diesel, I am not a fan-boy. The whole " ... was, is, and always will be ..." line was composed because @parthasarathig asked if my Figo "was" a petrol car - kinda implying that now it isn't! Just word-play, thats all.
Old 12th March 2013, 15:06   #7866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And although I do prefer petrol engines over diesel, I am not a fan-boy. The whole " ... was, is, and always will be ..." line was composed because @parthasarathig asked if my Figo "was" a petrol car - kinda implying that now it isn't! Just word-play, thats all.
Lol and I was thinking otherwise that you are the man who likes only petrol for breakfast, Lunch, snacks & Dinner with all the Razzmatazz loaded.
Yep you are correct when I did some maths the figures came out to around 690 Change and hence took the plunge for a TDCI engine.
Old 12th March 2013, 15:40   #7867
BHPian

My Figo's engine sound has been becoming more prominent in the cabin over the past few weeks. This is post a 1200km+ highway trip with some amount of hill driving involved. It has done about 9.7k on the odo and is due for the second service. The sound is a groan noticeable at around 1800+ rpm. There is no noticeable loss of pickup or any other driving characteristic change.

Is this something normal for a car nearing its service schedule? Or should I be worried?
Old 12th March 2013, 16:11   #7868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey KiloAlpha,

Similar figures I have too on my 1.2.
22k/2.7 old.

Engine gets smoother and more responsive as it gets old.
One query- what is the mileage you get. Mine was around 11-11.5 kmpl which dropped to 10.5-10.75 kmpl in the last few top ups. Not sure if it is my driving style (revving more) or something else.
Old 12th March 2013, 17:31   #7869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post

Change in Fuel Filter unit design? What is the change about?

I also got my March 2011 Figo TDCi serviced(30K km) a couple of months back. The total bill was 4500/- including the Fuel filter charges.
They probably changed the fuel heater as the new heater has a bigger hole to mount it, hence change in fuel filter. Maybe for you, they had a older design filter in stock. From the look of it, the only change seems to be to the fuel heater mountings on the fuel filter. The only other extra item on my bill will be wheel alignment I guess.
Old 12th March 2013, 18:36   #7870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Hey KiloAlpha,

Similar figures I have too on my 1.2.
22k/2.7 old.

Engine gets smoother and more responsive as it gets old.
One query- what is the mileage you get. Mine was around 11-11.5 kmpl which dropped to 10.5-10.75 kmpl in the last few top ups. Not sure if it is my driving style (revving more) or something else.
One more in the petrol club. Mine is turning 3 years next month with 15.5k on the ODO. I get between 11 and 12 consistently.

Off late I am having some issues with the steering! All this started a couple of months back when I went for the RTB checkup. They found that the steering rack had to be replaced which they did under warranty. Ever since I am not getting the same feel like the original. I plan too go back to Lathangi to get this sorted out once and for all.
Old 12th March 2013, 18:47   #7871
AVT
BHPian

We have a 2010 september figo diesel which has clocked around 33, 000kms.
The car is usually driven by my mother and occasionally by me for our city runs.
From the past six months I am having a weird problem, the engine simply dies when I depress the clutch to downshift leaving me with no power steering and no power brakes .
Of late I have noticed a yellow gear shaped warning light ( not the engine malfunction one ) in the right side of the instrument cluster , it just blinks rapidly when the car is running with no other problem and then just stays off.
The ford guys say is some sort of firmware problem of the ECU, they just update it an voila the car runs fine for say 2 weeks.
I know its a weird problem but has anyone else heard about it?
Old 12th March 2013, 20:36   #7872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVT View Post
From the past six months I am having a weird problem, the engine simply dies when I depress the clutch to downshift leaving me with no power steering and no power brakes .
Of late I have noticed a yellow gear shaped warning light ( not the engine malfunction one ) in the right side of the instrument cluster , it just blinks rapidly when the car is running with no other problem and then just stays off.
The ford guys say is some sort of firmware problem of the ECU, they just update it an voila the car runs fine for say 2 weeks.
I know its a weird problem but has anyone else heard about it?
Hi AVT, yes, the issue is with the firmware. It's a known problem with the TDCi Figos when the engine just shuts down while downshifting. We have a whole thread about this in the technical session, guess you missed it. Anyways now that you have got the ECU firmware updated to new version, your car should be running fine.
Old 12th March 2013, 20:43   #7873
AVT
BHPian

Thanks for such a quick reply jayded.
This upgraded ecu is still having the same issue.
I'll try to find that thread.
Old 12th March 2013, 22:34   #7874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
One more in the petrol club. Mine is turning 3 years next month with 15.5k on the ODO. I get between 11 and 12 consistently.

Off late I am having some issues with the steering! All this started a couple of months back when I went for the RTB checkup. They found that the steering rack had to be replaced which they did under warranty. Ever since I am not getting the same feel like the original. I plan too go back to Lathangi to get this sorted out once and for all.
I guess it is due to my spirited driving then.
Regarding the steering, it may be due to a fitting issue that the original feel is not there any more. When my cars RTB was replaced, they did not fit in the rubber pieces well enough, which started squeaking for which I went back and issue resolved.
Old 13th March 2013, 11:11   #7875
Senior - BHPian

Hey folks, I have an observation around the A/C on my TDCi Figo and wanted to confirm if you have similar observation. As you might have noticed that the AC on the Figo during cold start does not stay on and keeps on cutting off to avoid loading an engine during cold start. But once it engine heats up it supposed to stop. I have been noticing on my car that even during highway runs the compressor keeps on cutting in and out. I figured this from intermittent change of air temp from vents. They get cold and then for short while less cold and back to cold. Its obvious only in really hot conditions which aren't very prevalent in Bangalore. Any one else made similar observation or is this abnormal behavior? My car is with A.S.S today to follow up on some complaints from 2nd service that werent attended to. I have highlighted this to them and they said it will be checked. But i really dont have much faith on these guys.

Most Viewed