Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2013, 11:58   #7876
BHPian

@ Supertinu: I have observed AC switching off and on during traffic signals when the car is in idle. I can feel the slight vibration in the car when AC turning off and on and you can also try to notice this when car is in idle, keeping AC temperature in between min and max.
This turning off and on is to keep the temperature constant if we have selected AC temperature less than maximum.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 11:01   #7877
BHPian

Second Service & Engine Oil Change

Hello all,

I am in a bit of a dilemma. My figo TDCi is due for second service - the ODO reading 10200. I was planning to 600 km trip to Chikmaglur this weekend. Was wondering if i should get the car serviced and then go on the trip or should i do the service after coming back from the trip.

Got the Ford dealer to check all fluid levels once yesterday when i was on my way to home. All fluid levels are normal. He also checked engine oil.

But was wondering if not the whole service, should i change just the engine oil. I, in fact, got it changed once at 2000 km. Will a long drive of 600 km have any impact on engine oil if i dont replace it now? Typically what is the life of engine oil.

My driving characteristics: Mutiple Short 5-7km trips in medium to high traffic conditions. Occassional long-drives once in two months.

Awaiting inputs,
Old 14th March 2013, 11:35   #7878
Senior - BHPian

Re: Second Service & Engine Oil Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_gpb View Post
.... Will a long drive of 600 km have any impact on engine oil if i dont replace it now?
The extra 800 Kms on the ODO should not be a problem as far as the car mechanicals are concerned.

Just ensure that the dealer will honor the free service coupon if the ODO reads 10,800+ Kms at the time of second service.

It would be a good idea to complete your scheduled service before taking the car out on a long journey.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 14th March 2013 at 11:38.
Old 14th March 2013, 11:36   #7879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_gpb View Post
Awaiting inputs,
The second service should be done within 10,000kms or within 1 year from the time of purchase, which ever is early. I have seen Ford is bit firm on warranty issues and would say the service is not done on time when warranty issue corps up. If you donot want to face such issues, you can get service done before the 600 kms trip as your car has already clocked 10,200kms.

The oil change as per Ford A.S.S is once in 10,000 kms and you will not have any complications with regards to engine reliability if you do another 2000kms also. Now You take the call.

TIP: Whenever you service the car before any long trip, plan the service before 3 days. In these 3 days, you can observe if there is any issues with regards to engine, suspension, brakes, alignment etc., so that these issues can be corrected in 3 days before you make a long trip.

Last edited by HighOctane : 14th March 2013 at 11:43.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 12:05   #7880
BHPian

Re: Second Service & Engine Oil Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post

Just ensure that the dealer will honor the free service coupon if the ODO reads 10,800+ Kms at the time of second service.
Have checked with the dealer. He said i can go upto 1000km more. i.e. 11000 km for them to honor warranty issues.
Old 14th March 2013, 16:33   #7881
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Finally went to Lathangi today and got the realignment done. They did acknowledge that there is a pull towards the left. Now that it is fixed, I will monitor it for a couple of weeks. Hoping that it will not reoccur.

Time taken from start to finish - 45mins.
SA was very cooperative, came with me for a couple of test drives before and after.
Charges - NIL

Picture taken after the realignment while lowering the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-my-figo1.jpg  

Last edited by sumathindra : 14th March 2013 at 16:35. Reason: edits
Old 15th March 2013, 10:56   #7882
Team-BHP Support

Is it the tires or something else, but I feel my Car is taking a bit longer to stop than usual?

Yesterday, I was braking hard for a culvert (the approach is sandy on tar) and the Car simply flew over the culvert (slowed down a bit) and I had to take a left immediately. Thought to pull in hand-brake, but resisted. Steered and tokk the left as speed was moderate.

On another occasion I was rushing to a meet with 5 well built guys in the Car. Was doing something around 110 and a Sumo was taking a U turn. Braked, but Car's braking potential seemed weak initially. Though the Sumo averted its maneuver and hence I couldn't really judge the full braking potential.

The Car's brakes otherwise appear fantastic. Has done 20.5K on stock MRF's and is a Titanium.
Old 15th March 2013, 16:17   #7883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Is it the tires or something else, but I feel my Car is taking a bit longer to stop than usual?

Yesterday, I was braking hard for a culvert (the approach is sandy on tar) and the Car simply flew over the culvert (slowed down a bit) and I had to take a left immediately. Thought to pull in hand-brake, but resisted. The Car's brakes otherwise appear fantastic. Has done 20.5K on stock MRF's and is a Titanium.
Good you did not use the hand brake, wouldnt have known how the car would react .

Figo's brakes I feel are bad above 100kmh. I had this close shave experience in which I braked hard from above 100 for a signal and the car did not even feel like it was slowing down! My confused reaction was to avoid crashing into the car in the front which had stopped at the signal, so I weaved the car left and then right which thankfully helped and slowed the car down.

The actual feeling was like stepping on the pedal and there no play in it. In these cases, lifting off and pressing the pedal will help.
Yes, when the car is loaded, it makes it even worse.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 16:35   #7884
BHPian

@Sheel, @Tharian try shifting to 2nd gear simultaneously while braking hard.
Old 15th March 2013, 17:14   #7885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
@Sheel, @Tharian try shifting to 2nd gear simultaneously while braking hard.
Downshifting is the right way to slow down which I do most of the times, but downshifting to second also depends on what speeds you are doing.

On emergency braking, most of the time we don't think of it at all. Like in my case, I did have the time to downshoft to 4-3, but in the confusion, I did not.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 18:16   #7886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Hi AVT, yes, the issue is with the firmware. It's a known problem with the TDCi Figos when the engine just shuts down while downshifting. We have a whole thread about this in the technical session, guess you missed it. Anyways now that you have got the ECU firmware updated to new version, your car should be running fine.
I have a question related to this engine shuts down. Is it only for Figo or the Fiesta classic with the same engine also has the problem? One of my college has fiesta classic and said he is having the engine shut down issue. For him it is happening mostly in the initial 200 meters after start, not exactly during the down shift like Figo. His car is 2 years old and done around 40K now.
Old 15th March 2013, 20:07   #7887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

Downshifting is the right way to slow down which I do most of the times, but downshifting to second also depends on what speeds you are doing.
I've downshifted to 2nd from 130kmph twice and around 100-110 numerous times on my Swift Vdi.:-) no harm done.
Old 15th March 2013, 20:52   #7888
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
I've downshifted to 2nd from 130kmph twice and around 100-110 numerous times on my Swift Vdi.:-) no harm done.
I hope your kidding. That's possibly the worst thing one can do to an engine and gearbox. Your likely to already have caused some damage.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 21:13   #7889
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of a kinetic blue Figo TDCI Titanium today. Probably one of the first kinetic blue Figo's on the forum. Had a pleasant experience with the dealer (Kaikan Ford), and managed to get a decent deal out of them as well. Got free insurance, free 3rd year extended warranty, 15k worth of accessories and around 3k cash discount. Had considered the Swift zdi, i20 Asta crdi and Fiesta TDCI as well, but decided on the Figo eventually for the sheer practicality and vfm it boasts of. This will be used as a self driven city runabout.

Upgrades/accessorizing planned:
- Upsize the OE Acceleres to 185/65/14 Pirelli P4 tyres
- Seat covers - ordered
- ICE upgrade - yet to be finalized

Accessories I got from the dealer as part of the 15k offer:
- Sun film (not a very popular brand, but I guess it'll do)
- door beading- painted body colored with a smart chrome strip
- G Sport leather steering wrap (to be fitted later as dealer didn't have it in stock)
- ford aluminum sports pedal kit (the Fiesta S types)
- body cover
- scuff plates

Will drive it around for some more time before putting up an ownership thread. Feels good to bring home a new car
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 21:27   #7890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I hope your kidding. That's possibly the worst thing one can do to an engine and gearbox. Your likely to already have caused some damage.
These incidents were all in rarest of rare cases, on tollways when I Am cruising at a steady clip and a bus swings from the left lane to cross the road to get to the highway diner on the other side; a two wheeler does a sudden u-turn ; a couple of dogs darting on to the road; a bicycle coming the wrong way crossing suddenly to get to the break in the median etc ... . The Swift regularly goes for service every 5000 km has done 1 lakh km and still goes strong!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks