Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2013, 15:24   #8476
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Well, thats the first suspect ruled out. Try to find where exactly its coming from. If it doesnt appear when the ac is off, i would suspect the moving parts [compressor bearings/ belts etc. Not very sure of the intricacies involved]. If it comes under vibrations, then you have a different problem.
Quote:
Most probably it's the wheel bearing. Mine was replaced 3K kms back, at 37K odo reading, due to a similar sound. It was a hollow-ish booming sound which varies with the speed of the car. Becomes irritatingly loud at speeds above 80 kmph.
Sabreesh,

Jayded, seems to be right, this seems like the wheel bearing sound.

Used to happen on my Santro, whenever I took it to the local car wash, the high pressure water does mess up the bearings.
Did the sound start after such a wash ?
If so, the bearing would need to be replaced.

Last edited by neofromcapone : 9th August 2013 at 15:25. Reason: typo
Old 9th August 2013, 23:44   #8477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Sabreesh,

Jayded, seems to be right, this seems like the wheel bearing sound.

Used to happen on my Santro, whenever I took it to the local car wash, the high pressure water does mess up the bearings.
Did the sound start after such a wash ?
If so, the bearing would need to be replaced.
Hi,

My reply was for eq24 and not Sabareesh.
I do not think what Sabareesh is facing is a wheel bearing issue. The sound of wheel bearing gone bad is no where close to a "hissing" sound. The hiss might be because of a vacuum leak. I am not sure.

Cheers!
Old 12th August 2013, 14:04   #8478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Hi,

My reply was for eq24 and not Sabareesh.
I do not think what Sabareesh is facing is a wheel bearing issue. The sound of wheel bearing gone bad is no where close to a "hissing" sound. The hiss might be because of a vacuum leak. I am not sure.

Cheers!
My bad, and I realized this whilst parking my Figo last night and heard a "hissing sound". Now even I am curious to identify the source of this sound.

Mine was audible, while I was parking so speeds where non-existent and the AC and blower were off. It seemed like from behind the steering wheel, but not 100% sure.

Sabareesh, do keep us posted if you are / have been able to isolate this sound
Old 12th August 2013, 16:16   #8479
BHPian

Guys, just a generic query:

Is it possible to retro fit the ford fiesta steering wheel to the figo with all the steering mounted controls being operational? I am sure this will be slightly more complex and might involve the head unit swap as well.
I have some big plans coming up for my car so i thought i'd start off with the interiors.
Old 13th August 2013, 14:26   #8480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My bad, and I realized this whilst parking my Figo last night and heard a "hissing sound". Now even I am curious to identify the source of this sound.

Mine was audible, while I was parking so speeds where non-existent and the AC and blower were off. It seemed like from behind the steering wheel, but not 100% sure.

Sabareesh, do keep us posted if you are / have been able to isolate this sound
Are you referring to the "hiss" you hear at a full steering turn? Its better not to hold the steering at the extreme ends while turning.
Old 13th August 2013, 22:20   #8481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Are you referring to the "hiss" you hear at a full steering turn? Its better not to hold the steering at the extreme ends while turning.
Not a full steering turn, and not heard it since . Keeping ears peeled for it though
Old 14th August 2013, 23:15   #8482
BHPian

Quote:
Not a full steering turn, and not heard it since . Keeping ears peeled for it though
There is a very low hissing sound when the Aircon is switched off. Mostly it is the fan whir before it comes to a complete halt.

I have also heard the sound on full lock that Gemi is referring to.

So two hiss noise with a not so serious reasons.
Old 16th August 2013, 11:51   #8483
BHPian

I was browsing through Ford website and found this

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-suv.jpg

SUV = Sports Utility Vehicle or Small Utility Vehicle
Anyone please tell me the correct abbreviation
mnvvishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 12:39   #8484
Senior - BHPian

^ I think its more of an alignment issue of the website.
If you click on SUV category, it shows only 2 cars, ECOSPORT and ENDY.
Old 16th August 2013, 13:12   #8485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvvishwa View Post
I was browsing through Ford website and found this
Amongst the tabs on top of the page you seem to have selected all cars and not SUV's.
Old 16th August 2013, 13:51   #8486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Amongst the tabs on top of the page you seem to have selected all cars and not SUV's.
Yes but the "All vehicles" tab should be neatly laid out, shouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
^ I think its more of an alignment issue of the website.
If you click on SUV category, it shows only 2 cars, ECOSPORT and ENDY.
You are right, I think it must be an alignment issue.
If the management sees this the web designer won't get good increment in his next performance review.
Old 16th August 2013, 22:46   #8487
Senior - BHPian

Completed 2600 kms today, in 41 days of ownership. None major issues so far. The engine check light hasn't been there since last 700 kms, fingers crossed. Going to nainital tomorrow, will give her for first service on monday.

Been 700 kms since last fill, Dte is at 40 kms. This is in city mostly b2b traffic with full ac. Am happy with the mileage can't ask for more.

Also, met with an small accident, mistake on my part. Car will also go for bodywork on monday, claiming insurance. Will post the pics, once am on laptop.

I enjoy every single second of driving this machine, the steering and grip is just mind blowing. I drove Figo and punto back to back, and can say for sure that, Figo is better handler then punto. I am going to have hard time, deciding on any car while upgrading from Figo. Am glad, I didn't listened to my relatives, and bought Figo over swift

Also, today while coming back from class, had a drag kinda with xuv. We both were standing ahead of traffic at signal and as the light went green, I revved the car to the core, so did he. I was clearly ahead of him till 3 digit speed, after which he gained on me and then we both slowed down as there was a signal ahead.

How I wish I had i20's crdi engine in it , but nevertheless I am very happy with my purchase and hope to have a trouble free ownership ahead. Looking forward for 700 km drive this weekend.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 16th August 2013 at 22:48.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2013, 07:05   #8488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Completed 2600 kms today, in 41 days of ownership. None major issues so far. The engine check light hasn't been there since last 700 kms, fingers crossed. ...Looking forward for 700 km drive this weekend.
Congrats on your purchase, I think it would be better if you visit service station before heading for weekend drive. Manual clearly states to take car to service station if the engine check light comes up. ECU will have a log, so service guys can find out how much KM you drove with the lights on. With that information, they can even void warranty.
Old 18th August 2013, 01:05   #8489
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
The engine check light hasn't been there since last 700 kms, fingers crossed.
Also, today while coming back from class, had a drag kinda with xuv. We both were standing ahead of traffic at signal and as the light went green, I revved the car to the core, so did he. I was clearly ahead of him till 3 digit speed, after which he gained on me and then we both slowed down as there was a signal ahead.
please dont revv the nuts off this TDCi, although it can withstand higher revvs 'by design' - it will lead to long term problems. This is a humble 4 cylinder DIESEL pot, not a boxer PETROL engine from japan. For diesels, more important than the revvs you hit, is the rate at which it is made to go to a high rev range (ie revv increase rate)- if you keep fooring the pedal after lights going from 1st-2nd-3rd ; the damage is more severe than flooring the pedal @140 kph in top gear => i am quoting this from a long ago conversation with a friend of mine who used to work with the engine division of MB

Last edited by venkyhere : 18th August 2013 at 01:08. Reason: typos
Old 18th August 2013, 20:41   #8490
Senior - BHPian

My Snowy has completed 46.5 K in 2 years and 8 months. The unprecedented rains in Delhi saw the Stereo going on the blink. I took it to Noida Ford on Aug 4 where it was removed from the car and sent to Chennai. While at the dealership, I also went in for the forth year extended warranty. I feel I will definitely be needing it as the car piles on the miles. ( I have had the AC coil replaced under warrnaty earlier this year).

In the meanwhile, I started hearing a sound from the steering. This was especially noticeable when the steering was moved when the car was stationary/moving at very low speeds. The absence of a stereo also makes you aware of unusual sounds which may otherwise be asked by the music. I took it to Noida Ford yesterday & the Steering Pump was replaced under warranty. The Stereo was also back from Chennai, and was fitted to the car.

The steering is a lot softer and it is good to have the ICE back in the car. Driving for 1-1.5 hours without music was pretty boring.

The Goodyears are now coming to the end of their life. Will be going in for Michelin Energy XM2 shortly. Over all a decen experience with the car. Looking forward to having her elder brother ( the Ecosport) in the garage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks