Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 13:01   #8506
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Completed the 70K service for my Figo 1.4TDCi ZXi (2010 Aug model) and the cost for the service was
  1. Oil - Rs. 1100
  2. Oil Filter - Rs 333
  3. Gasket - Rs. 55
  4. Wash fluid pouch - Rs. 55
  5. Labor - Rs. 1000
  6. Tax (including VAT) - Rs. 600

Total = Rs 3.2K Approx

figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 18:21   #8507
BHPian

In March 2012 when I have bought Ford Figo Titanium Diesel, this review helped me a lot. Infact, this was one of the deciding factors before I've finalized this one as my car. I still thankful to GTO for such an awesome detailed review.
Old 29th August 2013, 21:14   #8508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Completed the 70K service for my Figo 1.4TDCi ZXi (2010 Aug model) and the cost for the service was
  1. Oil - Rs. 1100
  2. Oil Filter - Rs 333
  3. Gasket - Rs. 55
  4. Wash fluid pouch - Rs. 55
  5. Labor - Rs. 1000
  6. Tax (including VAT) - Rs. 600
Total = Rs 3.2K Approx

Rs. 3.2K for 70K service, thats outstanding. Chennai ford charged me Rs.5K for 30K. Makes me wonder if the service was done by Ford, was it ?
Old 29th August 2013, 23:56   #8509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Rs. 3.2K for 70K service, thats outstanding. Chennai ford charged me Rs.5K for 30K. Makes me wonder if the service was done by Ford, was it ?
Well 30k service should cost around that as you need to change the diesel filter which itself cost appx. Rs. 1400 or more.

Ford recommends diesel filter change every 30k, so expect similar bill at 60k service.
Old 30th August 2013, 13:06   #8510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Recently my cousin's Figo had an accident and he got the following damage.
A Big dent in left side front door, Deep scratches on left fender, Damaged front bumper and broken left side ORVM, a thick scratch on A-Pillar.

Total bill for fixing the above is 24k, In which he paid 4.2k from his hand. Its a comprehensive insurance, so he paid 50% for Bumper and ORVM and to fix the metal parts (door and fender) insurance took care of 90% cost and he paid the rest 10%.

He fixed it at MPL vadapalani and he was not at all satisfied with the work.

First they took 10 days to complete the work. Between, One SC called up and said the car is ready, and when he went to pick up the car, the front door and fender was not at all polished, they completed the rough coating and called up to take the car. Also the front door was not properly aligned.
And then after some shouting they took the car again to body shop and gave the car next day after fixing and polishing done.

Still there are some marks on the A-Pillar which they totally ignored and few scratches on the running board also not fixed.
One additional story about MPL Ford Vadapalani, which somewhat linked to the above post of mine. My cousin left the car for 10k service today, now the SA called and say, the Windscreen water sprayer motor is missing in the car. We wonder how can it go missing??

My suspicion is that, They might failed to fix it back during the body work done earlier.

My cousin is not a car guy and doesn't bother to open the bonnet, and when he found the windscreen washer not working, he thought it might be due to drained out washer fluid.

Now they asked to pay for the motor. My cousin's fault is also here as he failed to check things properly before getting the delivery earlier.
Old 30th August 2013, 14:33   #8511
BHPian

Quote:

Now they asked to pay for the motor. My cousin's fault is also here as he failed to check things properly before getting the delivery earlier.
Indeed, it is a price to pay for ignorance. Or he can continue believing the washer fluid tank is empty, use the car it is, then he'll not have to pay for it.

BTW, does anyone know if Ford service centers sell spares to outside customers? I was thinking of buying some essentials (as stock) before a planned long trip.
Old 30th August 2013, 14:56   #8512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Indeed, it is a price to pay for ignorance. Or he can continue believing the washer fluid tank is empty, use the car it is, then he'll not have to pay for it.
Agreed, but it is also not right to deliver the car faulty.

Quote:
One additional story about MPL Ford Vadapalani, which somewhat linked to the above post of mine. My cousin left the car for 10k service today, now the SA called and say, the Windscreen water sprayer motor is missing in the car. We wonder how can it go missing??

My suspicion is that, They might failed to fix it back during the body work done earlier.
Update: After some talk with the person who dealt with the insurance claim earlier, He agreed to fix the motor FOC. (For information, the cost of Windscreen sprayer motor is ~1.5k) Thanks to MPL.

As i noted earlier in my post, Ford ASC is where you need to TALK and WATCH to get the work done.
Old 31st August 2013, 06:49   #8513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, does anyone know if Ford service centers sell spares to outside customers? I was thinking of buying some essentials (as stock) before a planned long trip.
Take the car and speak to them and they should sell it over the counter , although they may mention that they have replaced the part so they are safe.
Also depends on what the parts are.

Regards
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:15   #8514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Hi ramharis

I had carried out the service at kairali Ford. The authorised dealer for Kochi.

The difference in the 60K and 70 service is the Diesel fuel filter and the additional taxes of course.

Also I am thinking the labor rates are a little more higher in Chennai. Not sure though.
Old 5th September 2013, 18:33   #8515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You may do the top up yourself, but for that you have to go to a Ford ASC to buy the equivalent coolant. Ford's coolant costs approx ~Rs. 375.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
It appears that the smallest can available is a 5L one. Bought it for 1328/-
Is the coolant available in the outside market? Is there a way to get any small can instead of 5L coolant can? Sheel, how much coolant did you get for Rs. 375?
Old 5th September 2013, 21:06   #8516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is the coolant available in the outside market? Is there a way to get any small can instead of 5L coolant can? Sheel, how much coolant did you get for Rs. 375?
Yes, you can surely buy Coolant from any spare market shop, get the golden cruiser, one of the cheap and best available in market.
Old 5th September 2013, 22:30   #8517
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got a liter for Rs. 375. It was In January though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Yes, you can surely buy Coolant from any spare market shop, get the golden cruiser, one of the cheap and best available in market.
I believe he would have to get rid of the coolant by Ford & then fill any after market coolant. Mixing coolants isn't recommended I think.
Old 6th September 2013, 12:30   #8518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Of course, coolant is available easily at most automotive shops. Golden cruiser is the one which is probably the most common brand that one can find.
I have not had the need to buy coolant from market, but last week we bought a half litre bottle of premixed 50:50 coolant for our genset for which I paid Rs. 110/-. I think coolants are available in 500ml packs too, apart from what Sheel sir said about a 1 litre pack.
Old 6th September 2013, 14:22   #8519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I believe he would have to get rid of the coolant by Ford & then fill any after market coolant. Mixing coolants isn't recommended I think.
ford uses OAT coolant so it is not recommended to change the orange-ish coloured one into the regular green one. Also ford coolant has a life for one lakh km.

Last edited by ramzsys : 6th September 2013 at 14:23.
Old 7th September 2013, 21:14   #8520
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone noticed the blinking security system indicator on the instrument cluster still blinking with key in 'acc' mode? I havent noticed it earlier and not sure if it should blink with key in the slot and turned.
Anyone noticed this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks