Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2013, 16:05   #8521
BHPian

Rust in my 3yr 4 month old Figo. I had noticed some bubbling in the paint in early June, but rains had begun in full force. During a recent pressure wash, the paint peeled off exposing the rust. I have to get it painted sooner than later. Waiting for some sunshine.

Rt front door handle
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image4255136971.jpg

Rt rear door
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image832031465.jpg
Old 10th September 2013, 10:10   #8522
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Ouch. Its the salty breeze that we have on the coast thats the culprit. If this was covered in the 4th year warranty it would have been awesome.

Do have a look at the underbody too.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 19:18   #8523
BHPian

Good point. I will check the underbody too. I hadn't taken 4th yr warranty, so that option is anyway out.
Old 14th September 2013, 10:12   #8524
Senior - BHPian

Guys, did you read about the Ford Figo/Classic recall published in Times of India today? Talks about issue with rear suspension and steering column.
Old 14th September 2013, 19:13   #8525
BHPian

So the creaking noise coming from the rear of the car is due to an issue with the rear twist beam? Will it then get resolved with this recall?

Figo users who have had their cars recalled in the previous round, did this issue get resolved after they replaced the rear twist beam?

Would be great to know. Inspite of pointing this out to Lathangi Ford A.S.S. during my previous service, the creaking noise issue has not been resolved. I'm hoping this big irritant gets fixed with this recall.
Old 14th September 2013, 23:42   #8526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
So the creaking noise coming from the rear of the car is due to an issue with the rear twist beam? Will it then get resolved with this recall?

Figo users who have had their cars recalled in the previous round, did this issue get resolved after they replaced the rear twist beam?

Would be great to know. Inspite of pointing this out to Lathangi Ford A.S.S. during my previous service, the creaking noise issue has not been resolved. I'm hoping this big irritant gets fixed with this recall.
My car is is a Feb12 make so should be covered in this recall. However the creaking sound that you are referring to is the rear trim noise which i doubt is going to get fixed with rear twist beam. Will keep the forum updated on what happens with my car.
Old 15th September 2013, 20:53   #8527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post

My 2011 figo got both the ps pipe and rear beam replaced in the first recall and still the creaking sound occurs. I feel this is due to the rear coil springs since the same creaking sound can be heard in my 2012 honda city, albeit not as much as the figo.

I doubt a hairline crack, if present can cause the creaking sounds.
Hope Ford improves the quality of the parts they source l.

Andre.
Old 16th September 2013, 12:35   #8528
BHPian

I doubt the quality of parts used by Ford. I could see many warranty replacement reported by Figo owners here in this thread.

Even i got my Figo's Rear wheel bearing and Brake caliper replaced under warranty before 20k kms and 1.5 yrs of ownership.

Now my car is due for PS pipe and Rear beam replacement. OT: Any idea how much time it takes for this job?

Hope to have hassle free ownership after this.
Old 16th September 2013, 18:09   #8529
Senior - BHPian

30,000 KM and the Head light Leveler in our car has gone Kaput again!
You can see the headlights do a dance ever time the car goes over a pot hole or a speed breaker.

Lets see how good the 4th year extended warranty is.

Anyone here taken their car for the RTB and power steering hose replacement ?
Old 16th September 2013, 18:55   #8530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
You can see the headlights do a dance ever time the car goes over a pot hole or a speed breaker.

I have this problem for last 20 k kms and 3 different Service stations have not been able to fix it. They blame it on my bulb change. If you find a solution, please let me know. I am on the verge of getting Hellas as I have completely given up.
Old 16th September 2013, 23:19   #8531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
I have this problem for last 20 k kms and 3 different Service stations have not been able to fix it. They blame it on my bulb change. If you find a solution, please let me know. I am on the verge of getting Hellas as I have completely given up.
Nope its not because of the headlight bulb change. The switch is faulty -> The beam leveler switch is faulty causing major problems.
Last time they were about to replace the switch but the stupid mech did a patch job and it worked well for about a year. Now the problem is back again.

Which service center did you take the car to? Ford A.S.S?
Old 17th September 2013, 06:37   #8532
BHPian

Quote:

Nope its not because of the headlight bulb change. The switch is faulty -> The beam leveler switch is faulty causing major problems.
Last time they were about to replace the switch but the stupid mech did a patch job and it worked well for about a year. Now the problem is back again.

Which service center did you take the car to? Ford A.S.S?
Rajshree ford in Coimbatore. Elite ford in Bangalore. I tried explaining many times but it just would not sink their heads. They keep pointing out that I have added a relay and new bulbs! Common sense is not common! I have driven through many potholes in an attempt to get my beam to point upwards ... :(
Old 17th September 2013, 14:18   #8533
BHPian

Quote:

My 1.2 was inspected for the RTB and found good and not replaced. The hose was replaced though as there was an apparent leak! This was like 7 to 8 months back. It was covered under warranty.
Old 17th September 2013, 15:03   #8534
BHPian

How much did you guys pay for extended warranty? My car is done 3 yrs and Im getting calls for extended warranty. Should I opt for it? What do you guys say?
Old 17th September 2013, 18:35   #8535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
How much did you guys pay for extended warranty? My car is done 3 yrs and Im getting calls for extended warranty. Should I opt for it? What do you guys say?
The 4th year extended warranty is Rs. 5649/- I strongly recommend you go for it as it is a small price to pay to take care of any issues for the next one year.

After getting my 4th year warranty, within a couple of weeks I had to replace the steering spring which indicates the proper functioning of the airbag. This costs around 6K! And if you go thru what is covered in the 4th year, it definitely is worth it, go for it!
sumathindra is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed