Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 19:39   #841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
It works on the basis of a deceleration sensor.

In a lay man's term, as soon as you press the brakes, the following steps take place

1) It checks if speed is above 96 kmph

First two steps here take place in a fraction of a second.
Its a great feature. But I wonder speed has to be above 96kmph. What if I am at 80kmph and brake hard for sudden halt? I would still want to warn those behind me. I think its more a useful on highways than in cities. I think I have answered it myself. If I am wrong, do correct me.
Old 15th March 2010, 19:40   #842
BHPian

the alloys are not bad. are they 14" or 15". can we put 1.6s type alloys in figo? in other words. are they sold separately ?

and for the sake of god. what is anti drip wiping? i am trying to find out but i have no clue.

Last edited by Caramelo : 15th March 2010 at 19:41.
Old 15th March 2010, 19:40   #843
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
If I am wrong, do correct me.
You are absolutely right
Old 15th March 2010, 19:43   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
the alloys are not bad. are they 14" or 15". can we put 1.6s type alloys in figo? in other words. are they sold separately ?

and for the sake of god. what is anti drip wiping? i am trying to find out but i have no clue.
It's just marketing speak. If you use the water spray to clean the windshield, the wiper will also wipe a couple of times. Then typically some water starts dripping from the top of the windshield. The wiper comes on again after a few seconds and clears the dripping water. That's all. It's there in many other cars.

Last edited by Gilead : 15th March 2010 at 19:46.
Old 15th March 2010, 19:45   #845
BHPian

Quote:

In a lay man's term, as soon as you press the brakes, the following steps take place

2) If Yes, Then it starts to measure the negative change in speed per second
3) If it is found that the measured quantity is above a certain fixed pre-requisite, then hazard lights blink till the time braking occurs

Would it give a false sense of security? Relying on speed of 96kmph - what happens if tyre profiles are changed..will not a incorrect reading take place?

Correct me if I am wrong..but from the POV of the vehicle riding behind, between the hazard light coming on and normal brake lights, it is only the blinking which differs..right? Hope it does not encourage carelessness by way of providing a false sense of security.

Last edited by sanjayc : 15th March 2010 at 19:52.
Old 15th March 2010, 19:57   #846
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Would it give a false sense of security? Relying on speed of 96kmph - what happens if tyre profiles are changed..will not a incorrect reading take place?
You see every boon is also a bane, so you cant just rely on this feature & drive like a madman, Its strictly for emergencies only.

You did not read my post carefully, The sensor just measures deceleration.

Hence the changed tires wont have an effect on its working but however its best to leave your original tires on.
Old 15th March 2010, 20:27   #847
BHPian

Quote:
You did not read my post carefully, The sensor just measures deceleration.
I did..but this sensor you mentioned will come into play only after the 96 mark, right - my question was about the reliability of predicting the 96 speed correctly if the default factory settings are changed..kind of dliemna one faces relying on the DTE predictions.
Old 15th March 2010, 20:42   #848

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaharshad View Post
One of the sales person at the dealership told me yesterday that there is a paint (quality) issue with the sea grey colour. Delivery of sea grey is not expected until late May 2010.
He must be bluffing. I was promised a delivery first week of april. The test drive cars I rode were sea grey. Wonder if its a quality issue which show up later because it wasn't apparent on the new cars atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaharshad View Post
One of the sales person at the dealership told me yesterday that there is a paint (quality) issue with the sea grey colour. Delivery of sea grey is not expected until late May 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
+ves and -ves have been discussed a LOT here! So let me just add somethings not discussed here,
  1. The Music System hanged when we attempted to pair it with the phone. Even switching the car on-off wouldn't reset it. DISAPPOINTED.
  2. I know a diesel car isn't the most silent place to be. But then, compared to the Fiesta TDCi, the NVH levels are definetly high. Some cost cutting there? Eg. The Fiesta TDCI doesn't shake at engine start-stop like the Figo.
  3. Dealers - There's a lot of scope for improvement. Why?
    1. They had no idea on how to reset the music system when it hanged. Actually they were more eager in handing over the car to the next person in queue.
    2. They didn't have display car's security code to check out the bluetooth connectivity.
    3. Asked for a Feedback book to record my experience. They were clueless. They don't have a feedback book.
    I'm not too enthusiastic of the service centres now. Not that they are bad. But the increased volumes (In multiples with the Figo) would demand a lot from them and lets see if they face the challenge well.
I agree with the sales staff being a bit clueless. They had the security code when I was around though. I paired it and it worked. Wonderful feature and I'm totally hooked on it. Especially at the price point they are offering it at.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th March 2010 at 21:02. Reason: Back to back posts, EDIT the original post instead. Thanks
Old 15th March 2010, 21:45   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
then hazard lights blink till the time braking occurs
Awesome! thanks. Simple and cost effective. Point to note is that BMW and Mercedes flash the existing brake light and not the hazard. (includes the 3rd brake light aka CHMSL). But hazard is cheaper to execute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Its a great feature. But I wonder speed has to be above 96kmph. What if I am at 80kmph and brake hard for sudden halt?
96kph is 60 mph and this may be a feature designed for UK. I once had an auto bang into me from behind at 45 kph...its relevant at low speeds too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
If you choose to fit a tire size not specified by the manufacturer, then why should it be their responsibility?

Last edited by Mpower : 15th March 2010 at 21:46.
Old 15th March 2010, 22:15   #850
BHPian

Nice one Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I think its a great feature and the government should make it mandatory considering alarming level of traffic accidents in our country.
Yes, very nice safety feature, but I think for India the speed should be lower, more like 80 Kmph or something.

Quote:
2) If Yes, Then it starts to measure the negative change in speed per second
3) If it is found that the measured quantity is above a certain fixed pre-requisite, then hazard lights blink till the time braking occurs
So the Ford Figo has an accelerometer for this feature ? Surprising, given that A) it could've been achieved using the VSS itself, & B) cost cutting has been taken to a level where even rear power windows have been eliminated.

Anyway, this feature should be fun during a P&P session or a track day Mustang.101, just out of curiosity, can we know what deceleration value triggers the hazards ? And if triggered, when, or under what conditions are they switched off ?
Old 15th March 2010, 22:19   #851
Team-BHP Support

The car barely has a rear bumper. Looks like not even an inch of bumper out of the boot lid. So if any impact to the rear then the boot lid will get dented fairly easily.
Old 15th March 2010, 22:47   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The car barely has a rear bumper. Looks like not even an inch of bumper out of the boot lid. So if any impact to the rear then the boot lid will get dented fairly easily.
Would having a bumper protection destroy its beauty?
Old 16th March 2010, 00:19   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
AFAIK even Ford's Fusion barely had a bumper.

If you notice then even ANHC barely has a bumper.
Old 16th March 2010, 00:21   #854
BHPian

I saw a Fiesta hatch here in Germany. Are these Fiesta hatches already in production and use in countries other than India?
Old 16th March 2010, 00:53   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
If you notice then even ANHC barely has a bumper.
Looks like all of them went in for a 'cut and shave' to get under 4meters.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks