Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2013, 00:02   #8701
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Figo is a very rugged car I feel, use it with care and there is very little that can go wrong in it.
MaSh
The #posts in this thread shows that the situation is exactly opposite - far too many problems, many of them mechanical.
However, nice sterring and nice chassis -> reminds you what a "car" is really meant to be : more about the 'driving' rather than creature comforts or soft-touch plastics.
Old 1st November 2013, 10:14   #8702
BHPian

My Figo is due for 2nd service and I am planning to install OEM alloys. I checked with metro ford guys they gave me a quote of 4.5 k/piece and I am in discussion with my friend in metro, he told he will get it for 15k. I was told that for the old disks and wheel cap they don't give even a single penny. I am thinking to take disks and wheel caps from them and will keep it in home rather donating them.
Old 1st November 2013, 11:34   #8703

I'm planning to upgrade to alloys, Came across a good deal on Snapdeal,
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/x2-w...2238?pos=5;520

These are 14'' X2 alloys, getting them at a discounted price of 12768.

Can somebody please tell me if X2 is a decent choice for Alloys?
Old 1st November 2013, 12:34   #8704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpganesh View Post
I'm planning to upgrade to alloys, Came across a good deal on Snapdeal,
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/x2-w...2238?pos=5;520

These are 14'' X2 alloys,.. X2 is a decent choice for Alloys?
X2 may be good set of alloys, I am not sure of that. But the link shows that alloys PCD is 100, and you need 108 for FORD / FIGO .

So its definitely not the set of alloys you must be checking for, check if they have 108PCD
limited-edition is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 20:44   #8705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post

The #posts in this thread shows that the situation is exactly opposite - far too many problems, many of them mechanical.
However, nice sterring and nice chassis -> reminds you what a "car" is really meant to be : more about the 'driving' rather than creature comforts or soft-touch plastics.
Respectfully disagree. I have been participating/reading this thread for 2+ yrs and by no means is the figo unreliable. First hand have completed 45k and the car is great. There are several folks with 50+k on their figo in this thread and they can add.
Old 2nd November 2013, 01:05   #8706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post

If you own a figo and faced a lot of issues kindly share your experience.

I have done 75k in the last 3years and I would rate figo as one hell of a car. I had a linea which was purchased in the same month as the figo, also for being the the drivers car, but whenever I had a travel I always trusted the figo. It was simply more reliable than the other.

Yes it was not without faults. There was stalling issue (rectified now), rtb issue (recall and replacement done).

Some have trouble with the dealer but mine has been good all this while.

Number of posts is not indicative of the number of issues.
By that logic Tata Manza should have least number of issues. Just 1440 posts for Manza since 2009.

Last edited by figo_mba : 2nd November 2013 at 01:20.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2013, 01:20   #8707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post

Respectfully disagree. I have been participating/reading this thread for 2+ yrs and by no means is the figo unreliable. First hand have completed 45k and the car is great. There are several folks with 50+k on their figo in this thread and they can add.
Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post

I am not sure if you own a figo and so I don't know if you owned one and faced a lot of issues. If yes share kindly your experience.
I have 75k in the last 3years and I would rate figo as one hell of a car. I had a linea which was purchased in the same month as the figo but whenever I had a travel I always trusted the figo.

Yes it was not without faults. There was stalling issue (rectified now), rtb issue (replacement done)
I second them! I'm a proud owner of not one, but two figos (petrol Titanium & Zxi) and have been completely satisfied with the overall experience of these vehicles! Both are running very well and have had almost negligible issues. Compare that to my dad's Spark which is only 4m older to my mom's figo but has had major issues and replacements: flywheel, clutch, brake pads, suspension (front & rear) and still rattles like hell!
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:05   #8708
Team-BHP Support

I haven't been posting much on this thread, but maybe a good time to post seeing the recent ones.

A particular Car can't be a prime example for all, across. Any manufacturer or make, no two Cars are the same. Especially after being driven by different set of drivers in really varied conditions.

Mine is a Dec '10 manufactured Car, while not driven much, has given me zero issues wrt to anything. A classic case of fill it, shut it forget it. While buying a Ford, I was wary that some or the other issue might crop up, but *touchwood* I am lucky in this regard.

I just had a tire blow out in all these days (and that too on my wedding anniversary ). Car was purchased on 1-1-'11.

It is the dealers & service centers who spoil the experience.
Old 2nd November 2013, 09:58   #8709
Senior - BHPian

+1

I have a Figo D Tit. using it as a daily drive. It is just as reliable as the other Toyotas and Koreans in the garage, if not more. Just that the service experience can't match the japs. With the longish service interval of 10K Kms, its a non issue unless you have an issue with the car.

Above all, the kinda driving pleasure it gives on the open roads makes up for all the little shortcomings it has.

With the extended warranty option, your regular servicing costs are very very reasonable. Many a times, it takes more money and time to service my bike than the Figo. You just can't go wrong with the Figo. It's a brilliant car made for brilliant people
Old 4th November 2013, 11:00   #8710
BHPian

Hi all, my question is to the owner of the facelifted Titanium. Does your car came with 6 speed intermittent wiper speed stalk? I discovered today that our titanium doesn't have this feature, it got the normal stalk. Has this feature been removed? The car's manual also has no mention about it!
Old 4th November 2013, 12:10   #8711
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone with stock Goodyears comment on the life of the tires. A friend has a Figo with OEM Goodyear Tires and his car has done 18,000 km only. The tires seem to be good for another 5,000 km only.

I was of the opinion that the stock tires should be able to run safely till 35,000 km at least.
Old 4th November 2013, 14:16   #8712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
Hi all, my question is to the owner of the facelifted Titanium. Does your car came with 6 speed intermittent wiper speed stalk? I discovered today that our titanium doesn't have this feature, it got the normal stalk. Has this feature been removed? The car's manual also has no mention about it!
Mine does have it. It was the last lot of the pre-facelift model, and was manufactured in Sep 2012. If Ford has removed it, then it might be a cost-cutting measure. I find it very useful to have, more than the 'dash-mounted' audio controls that they've given in the new model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Can anyone with stock Goodyears comment on the life of the tires. A friend has a Figo with OEM Goodyear Tires and his car has done 18,000 km only. The tires seem to be good for another 5,000 km only.

I was of the opinion that the stock tires should be able to run safely till 35,000 km at least.
I had Goodyear GPS2 tyres on my M800 more than a decade ago, and they lasted only 26000 kms. This apart, they used to make noise at speeds over 80 kmph.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 15:25   #8713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
My Figo is due for 2nd service and I am planning to install OEM alloys. I checked with metro ford guys they gave me a quote of 4.5 k/piece and I am in discussion with my friend in metro, he told he will get it for 15k. I was told that for the old disks and wheel cap they don't give even a single penny. I am thinking to take disks and wheel caps from them and will keep it in home rather donating them.
I did the same thing few months back. I got OEM alloys installed. I was told that they don't take the old wheels. So, I got them back and I am using them as small stools around the house. I threw the caps away as they had a lot of scratches, and I didn't have any use for them.
the_joker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 16:00   #8714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got my car in July and it has this feature. What's with Ford removing features, first the Ecosport & now Figo too..
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 16:17   #8715
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I got my car in July and it has this feature. What's with Ford removing features, first the Ecosport & now Figo too..
According to the below spec from Figo's official website, This feature does exist
http://www.india.ford.com/cars/figo/...ations/comfort

But Im not sure whether they have removed it in reality..

This is not new to Ford. Esp'ly in Figo. When i bought my ZXI in 2012 April, It was shocking to me that they have removed Driver seat height adjustment, Powered ORVM, and Rear washer/wiper from the ZXI. These features were there in ZXI till Sep 2011 and they have removed it afterwards.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 4th November 2013 at 16:19.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks