Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2013, 12:33   #8746
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Hi Rajneesh

Good to hear that you had a nearly trouble free experience with the figo. I too own a Figo tdci which had just clocked 20,000 kms. Last week I got my car serviced and complained the SA about some noise from the brake-pads which were not prominent though. At the time of taking back the car, the SA advised me to get the brake-pad as well as the brake-disc replaced I did not believe him as previously also he was just interested in selling other products of his company like engine flush-oil, additives and what not.

I would like to ask whether you also had got the brake-pad or brake-disc replaced, if yes, at what kms.
Please read this thread and also search the forum thoroughly. In most cases it is unwarranted. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1605931
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 12:12   #8747
BHPian

Gave my Figo for 40K service @ Talera Ford yesterday. Had complained of a Shock absorber issue (Front RHS). Today the SA calls up and says there's a leakage and will need to be replaced but there's NO warranty. I'm sure there has been no underbody hits and they didnt find any during the underbody inspection. Is the leakage not covered under warranty? Then, what do they mean by Shock absorber covered under warranty..... If not covered, should I change the whole thing or just a strut or something - need avice

(sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere, but couldnt really find any such thread ...)
Old 13th November 2013, 16:43   #8748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Gave my Figo for 40K service @ Talera Ford yesterday. Had complained of a Shock absorber issue (Front RHS). Today the SA calls up and says there's a leakage and will need to be replaced but there's NO warranty. I'm sure there has been no underbody hits and they didnt find any during the underbody inspection. Is the leakage not covered under warranty? Then, what do they mean by Shock absorber covered under warranty..... If not covered, should I change the whole thing or just a strut or something - need avice

(sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere, but couldnt really find any such thread ...)
I was going through my extended warranty document. Yes, the suspension parts are not covered in warranty, at least not in the extended warranty.

You might be better off taking a second opinion regarding the shock absorber from any FNG. At least you'll know if indeed there is a leakage.
Old 13th November 2013, 18:52   #8749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post

One thing I realized about Ford service is that, if you point out an issue, after warranty period, they will do some basic checking of that part in front of us, and conclude that the part IS faulty. In fact, it may not be faulty at all.
Like Shipnil suggested, do visit a outside garage you know and get a second opinion.
You can also visually check for a leak by turning steering full lock and using a torch to check for leaks on the damper. It is the damper that will have to be replaced, if at all it is faulty.

Regards
Old 14th November 2013, 00:10   #8750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
Just checked the FE of my one year old Figo (Petrol) for the very first time and the result was disappointing. It gives only 8.5 KM/Ltr :(
It has been used sparingly and within the city completely. ODO shows 3.5Kms and I have done the first free service at around 1.5 KMs (I guess it has only one free service ?)

Is the above FE is normal or should I take this to Service Center ? Appreciate fellow owners suggestions, comments, advice
This is with 100% Aircon on right? That is all you will get under heavy b2b traffic. This is what our car gives. Max we have got is 9.5 under such conditions.

Quote:
Hi Rajneesh

Good to hear that you had a nearly trouble free experience with the figo. I too own a Figo tdci which had just clocked 20,000 kms. Last week I got my car serviced and complained the SA about some noise from the brake-pads which were not prominent though. At the time of taking back the car, the SA advised me to get the brake-pad as well as the brake-disc replaced I did not believe him as previously also he was just interested in selling other products of his company like engine flush-oil, additives and what not.

I would like to ask whether you also had got the brake-pad or brake-disc replaced, if yes, at what kms.
Our car has done close to 34,000 KM or so and so far no disc replacement, the brake pads were replaced at around 6,000KM or so (under warranty). Nothing after that.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 11:19   #8751
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone here guide me to the air filter location in the car? Also can I just open it, easily or I need some tools for it?
Old 14th November 2013, 12:33   #8752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Can anyone here guide me to the air filter location in the car? Also can I just open it, easily or I need some tools for it?
It's under the engine cover (plastic), you'll need to remove that and access the air filter compartment. Here's a pic http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2934854
gr8guzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 17:26   #8753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post

It's under the engine cover (plastic), you'll need to remove that and access the air filter compartment. Here's a pic http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2934854
Thanks alot man, I tried it, was able to open the cover but the air filter cover needed a different type of screw driver, which sadly I didn't had. So, i'll have to get one now.
Old 16th November 2013, 10:59   #8754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rajneesh

No , no brake disk replacement in my Figo yet. Brake Pads I am not too sure.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 17:06   #8755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Thanks alot man, I tried it, was able to open the cover but the air filter cover needed a different type of screw driver, which sadly I didn't had. So, i'll have to get one now.
It requires torque screw driver. Size T25 to be precise. Head to any electronics parts store and buy replaceable head screw driver. You can check if T25 is one of the sizes.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 13:22   #8756
BHPian

A request for the face-lifted Figo Owners with Steering Stalk mounted audio controls:

Can you post a picture of the page from your Audio System manual which explains the Rear connection of your head unit? I am trying to understand which pins are used for the wires that run from the steering audio controls.

Mine is a pre-face-lift Figo and here is what my manual says:
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-pre_20131117125149.jpg  

Old 17th November 2013, 22:38   #8757
Senior - BHPian

Noticed this recently on my 1.2 .
I was washing the car and when water is poured on the windshield,it flows through a gap were the right wiper arm begins or the hinge from were it can be made to stand up.
I could hear the water falling on the ground as well through that gap.

Yesterday when i was clearing some droppings on the glass with the engine running,i could notice thick steam escaping under the bonnet which is when i realized the water from the windshield falls straight onto the header or catcon which is the hottest part of the exhaust system.
So during heavy rains,this happens always . Is this how it is for everyone or am i missing some piece that prevents water from falling onto to the header.

Regards
Old 18th November 2013, 13:58   #8758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
A request for the face-lifted Figo Owners with Steering Stalk mounted audio controls:

I checked my manual and the diagram looks the same. Attaching anyway...
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-audio.jpg
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 14:06   #8759
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am planning to get illuminated skid plates, on my Figo, now my question to you all is, can later ford decline my warranty? If I install one from outside shop, or I am better off with the non illuminated one?
Old 18th November 2013, 14:07   #8760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I checked my manual and the diagram looks the same. Attaching anyway...
Thanks. That's surprising though. I was expecting some additional pin mapping for the Wired remote (steering stalk controls)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks