Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2013, 14:54   #8761
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
One thing I realized about Ford service is that, if you point out an issue, after warranty period, they will do some basic checking of that part in front of us, and conclude that the part IS faulty. In fact, it may not be faulty at all.
Like Shipnil suggested, do visit a outside garage you know and get a second opinion.
You can also visually check for a leak by turning steering full lock and using a torch to check for leaks on the damper. It is the damper that will have to be replaced, if at all it is faulty.

Regards
Agree 100%. I did go back to check for any leaks, which in fact they showed me. There was some oil dripping down the shocks. Any case I got it replaced (just the one side) for 3k something. But as an afterthought, I do believe these guys just ask for a replacement once the warranty is over. Will be careful next time on. 40K service cost 12K + that included the shocks replacement and new brakepads. Not a very happy customer, I say
Old 18th November 2013, 17:54   #8762
Senior - BHPian

I am not in India right now, so I need help ... Could someone please confirm that the figo wiper blade size are 22" & 16"? Thanks.
Old 18th November 2013, 18:51   #8763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
----------
Can you post a picture of the page from your Audio System manual which explains the Rear connection of your head unit? I am trying to understand which pins are used for the wires that run from the steering audio controls.

-------
Should be the C2 and C3 set of pins. They look like made for this purpose!

The service manual should have the details. Also the stub like audio control kit with the extension wires will offer a clue. Take a look at the socket.
Old 18th November 2013, 22:33   #8764
BHPian

Got the 50000km service done on my Figo last week. It cost me 3960/-. Now they are giving an additional sheet along with bill called " Vehicle report card". This has all the checks done on service and whether things are ok. While I liked the idea, I hope the mechanics have actually done the work and not just tick marked all the boxes! Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image2274322345.jpg

Last edited by Deep Blue : 18th November 2013 at 22:35.
Old 18th November 2013, 22:57   #8765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Got the 50000km service done on my Figo last week. It cost me 3960/-. Now they are giving an additional sheet along with bill called " Vehicle report card". This has all the checks done on service and whether things are ok. While I liked the idea, I hope the mechanics have actually done the work and not just tick marked all the boxes! Attachment 1168291
I've got a similar sheet after I got my Fiesta serviced last month. Looks like this is a new trend.

However, I am not sure how sincerely they carried out that inspection.
Old 19th November 2013, 11:06   #8766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Could someone please confirm that the figo wiper blade size are 22" & 16"?
Yes. 22" & 17" will also do.
gr8guzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 12:33   #8767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I've got a similar sheet after I got my Fiesta serviced last month. Looks like this is a new trend.

However, I am not sure how sincerely they carried out that inspection.

At Talera Ford @ Pune - they have been giving the 'report card' since a year I believe. Good summary of the car's statistics in 1 place. Hope it aint just fancy stuff
Paleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 15:09   #8768
BHPian

Hi. I have tried 21" and 18" for front - Hella DynaEdge. They seem to work fine. So any thing differing within an Inch or so should be OK.
Old 21st November 2013, 16:54   #8769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
I'am hearing a rub rub noise from my Figo's front wheel (probably left side) while riding over smooth tarmac. This noise appears ONLY while riding over smooth tarmac surface. It comes around 30 kmph and stays till 60-70 kmph and fades up after that.

I complains about the same during my 20k service, and the SE couldn't reproduce the noise during TD. I asked them to explicitly check for any issues in brake pads (I suspect brake shoes interfere with the wheel while rotating).
While delivering the car, they said the Brake discs got deeper marks and needs to be replaced before next service and this might cause the rub rub noise issue. They also added that it can be done at 25k.

I never found any issues in braking capability, but this noise gives me irritation, and could feel the effect of the noise while placing the bare foot on the front side floor well.

I suspect this noise may occur if there is any bent in brake pads. I'am not sure whether marks in brake discs causes this rub rub noise.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I'am planning to take my car to SC again after this weekend, they are now overcrowded because of the Field service action.
Update!

Solved the issue.. I'am hearing this rub rub noise for almost 5k kms, and i complain the same to the ASC twice, once during my 20k service, That time the SA advised, there are marks in discs and it might be the reason for the noise and we can change it in next service.

As usual Team-bhp comes to rescue, as some of the members already reported that Disc replacement suggestion by ASC is to fleece customer. Cleaning the disc will do wonder. But in my case it doesn't worked out.

During my recent highway trip this noise let down my driving pleasure to a greater extent, i was worried about break pad/disc fouling or wheel bearing. So once i returned took the car back to ASC, The guy did the TD told me it will be tyres and as per my insistence he checked the wheel bearing and said no issues on it. He said there seems to be no mechanical issue so don't bother about the sound, or we can change the tyres (Mine is only 24k old)

I came back halfheartedly, and every time i run over smooth tarmac, the noise comes in and i feel the same over the steering.

Today took the car to the tyre shop for wheel balancing and rotation, and i told the guy about the issue, he inspect the tyres and said the inner part of tyres (almost 3 of them) is uneven, and said refit the tyre inside out will help and did the same. Voila!!!. the noise gone!!.

Proven again MRF is crappy for sure , i plan to change the tyres sooner maybe at 30-32k.

One thing to note, The HPS of Figo is awesome, it gives back the EXACT feedback between tyre and ground . A good set of shoes deserves this beast.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 21st November 2013 at 16:56.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 17:21   #8770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update!

Solved the issue.. I'am hearing this rub rub noise for almost 5k kms, and i complain the same to the ASC twice, once during my 20k service, That time the SA advised, there are marks in discs and it might be the reason for the noise and we can change it in next service.

Thanks for the update, Driver Addict.
My Figo run 28k kms has been facing similar issues for the last 2k kms , but from the rear left wheel.
I suspected it was the bearing and Ford stated the same as well. Since I was not convinced, I got a second opinion from a outside mechanic and he said the same, that it is the tire and to check with another tire from a different Figo, which was not possible. So, I used my spare wheel which has run around 25k kms , and the sound continued.
I have left it as of now , but since your issue was resolved by changing directions of the tires, I will try the same and update although my car has been running on Conti tires from the begining.

Ford had recommended a disc replacement for my car as well, I told them not to touch it.

Regards

Last edited by tharian : 21st November 2013 at 17:23.
Old 21st November 2013, 17:40   #8771
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update, Driver Addict.
My Figo run 28k kms has been facing similar issues for the last 2k kms , but from the rear left wheel.
I suspected it was the bearing and Ford stated the same as well. Since I was not convinced, I got a second opinion from a outside mechanic and he said the same, that it is the tire and to check with another tire from a different Figo, which was not possible. So, I used my spare wheel which has run around 25k kms , and the sound continued.
I have left it as of now , but since your issue was resolved by changing directions of the tires, I will try the same and update although my car has been running on Conti tires from the begining.

Ford had recommended a disc replacement for my car as well, I told them not to touch it.

Regards
Hey,
For your clarification, let me put my observation.
(FYI, i changed my rear wheel bearing under warranty somewhere between 15k-20k kms :( )

If its a humming/howling noise (not intermittent) which comes in at about 30-40 kms and increases as the speed builds up, then in all probability it will be wheel bearing. I hope you can replace it under warranty.

If the noise is intermittent, something like gur gur and builds up proportionally to the tyre rotation, it could be tyres.

Please make sure and proceed accordingly, Ignoring wheel bearing issue will leads to further complicated issues.

Seems you were from Banglore, if you were in Chennai I might help you to identify the cause of issue in person with my past experience

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 21st November 2013 at 17:44.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 19:31   #8772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey,
For your clarification, let me put my observation.
(FYI, i changed my rear wheel bearing under warranty somewhere between 15k-20k kms :( )

If its a humming/howling noise (not intermittent) which comes in at about 30-40 kms and increases as the speed builds up, then in all probability it will be wheel bearing. I hope you can replace it under warranty.

If the noise is intermittent, something like gur gur and builds up proportionally to the tyre rotation, it could be tyres.

Please make sure and proceed accordingly, Ignoring wheel bearing issue will leads to further complicated issues.

Seems you were from Banglore, if you were in Chennai I might help you to identify the cause of issue in person with my past experience
Unforunately, the warranty is done with.

I had actually brought up this issue few pages back. I almost replaced the bearing too. I checked the prices at Ford Service and outside and the same bearing(SKF) was priced much lower. I have the part spec's of the particular bearing so I can pick up the exact same size from outside.
Before that, I will try the tire swaps and check.

The sound in my case is like a low humming sound at around 20-40kms and is not present after that. It is surprising that a wheel bearing fails so early when normally they last around 75k kms.
Old 21st November 2013, 19:47   #8773
BANNED

Surprising... This again seems a common problem, as I too had to replace the rear wheel bearing - left one at 21K and now the noise has surfaced again, the car having done 47K. The service centre had replaced the bearing under warranty earlier but have now refused, stating that the warranty stands only till 40k ! surprise ! surprise !
Old 21st November 2013, 20:54   #8774
BHPian

Quote:
The sound in my case is like a low humming sound at around 20-40kms and is not present after that. It is surprising that a wheel bearing fails so early when normally they last around 75k kms.
To me it sounds like bearing issue.

Yes this is a common issue atleast in the recent batch it seems, If we go through this thread you can find other few members who replaced the bearing before 30k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Surprising... This again seems a common problem, as I too had to replace the rear wheel bearing - left one at 21K and now the noise has surfaced again, the car having done 47K. The service centre had replaced the bearing under warranty earlier but have now refused, stating that the warranty stands only till 40k ! surprise ! surprise !
It seems there is some defect in the part sourced by Ford.
In your case it resurfaces, If it is from the replaced wheel bearing, from your vehicle history cant you refer and argue with ASC guys about this?
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:26   #8775
BHPian

Ford Figo question

I am new to this board and have been spending the last couple of months generally reading through various threads etc. I notice that the Ford Figo seems to be quite popular with Team-BHP folk.

I do have one question about the Figo that I have not seen addressed anywhere here, even in the review threads posted by senior members: Why is there no demarkation of the Redline in a Figo instrument cluster?

There is a Red line all around the speedo and the tach, and I have no idea where the "Redline" for the car is. My experience with vehicles is that the higher values in a tach are clearly demarcated by the Redline (indicating the powerband of the engine). Whereas in the Figo, it looks like the entire range of the engine is in the powerband

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks