Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:48   #8776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I am new to this board and have been spending the last couple of months generally reading through various threads etc. I notice that the Ford Figo seems to be quite popular with Team-BHP folk.

I do have one question about the Figo that I have not seen addressed anywhere here, even in the review threads posted by senior members: Why is there no demarkation of the Redline in a Figo instrument cluster?

There is a Red line all around the speedo and the tach, and I have no idea where the "Redline" for the car is. My experience with vehicles is that the higher values in a tach are clearly demarcated by the Redline (indicating the powerband of the engine). Whereas in the Figo, it looks like the entire range of the engine is in the powerband

Cheers
Woah! This i never noticed! I guess the Figo has an automatic rev limiter to protect the engine hence they haven't provided the red line! I might be wrong here as well, just taking a guess. Any other thoughts?
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:51   #8777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post

Woah! This i never noticed! I guess the Figo has an automatic rev limiter to protect the engine hence they haven't provided the red line! I might be wrong here as well, just taking a guess. Any other thoughts?
Every car has automatic rev limiter, to protect the engine. As far as I know, redline is marked to make sure that, one doesn't drives in that room range for long, if done will cause serious damage to engine. In figo, I guess the engine doesn't rev above 5.1k, for diesel. But after 4k there is hardly any power, only sound.
Old 23rd November 2013, 21:44   #8778
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hmm... Looks like I made a huge booboo in my post when I said that the redline indicates the powerband! My apologies.

Luckily for me, I caught my mistake before others did and ridiculed me for it.

Cheers
Old 23rd November 2013, 23:36   #8779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Hmm... Looks like I made a huge booboo in my post when I said that the redline indicates the powerband! My apologies.

Luckily for me, I caught my mistake before others did and ridiculed me for it.

Cheers
Believe me when i say this, nobody ridicules anyone here, we all learn by making mistakes. I had made a booboo as well, suggesting a member to lug his vehicle in all gears all because of a typo. Also, if you mean the demarcation for the red line isn't present i understand your point. As Sameer pointed out, all modern cars have a rev limiter to cut off fuel when the engine tries to race past the limit.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 23rd November 2013 at 23:37.
Old 24th November 2013, 17:21   #8780
BHPian

Ford have introduced a new colour for Figo.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image3098281503.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image936736261.jpg  

AshwinThekkan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 03:39   #8781
BHPian

Hello BHP'ians!
Had gone for a drive to lonavala today and experienced a strange thing with my 1.2 Titanium Figo:
- Was cruising at around 100kph-5th gear on the expressway, reached the ghat section so had to shift down to 4th. The car kept losing speed so thought the slope must be steep and down shifted to 3rd, strangely the car still kept losing speed and felt out of breath! Eventually I had to shift to 2nd to gain some momentum!
- I've done around 17k kms on my Figo and this is the first time this has happened to me.
- I know the petrol Figo doesn't have that much power but my concern is that I've been on the same route multiple times in the past but have never experienced this!
- Is this a once-off scenario or is this an indication of a possible issue?
- I haven't experienced any other abnormalities with the car and it runs beautifully - just returned from the Lonavala drive - 200+kms of nice drive!
HELP!
Old 25th November 2013, 08:51   #8782
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHP'ians!
Had gone for a drive to lonavala today and experienced a strange thing with my 1.2 Titanium Figo:
- Was cruising at around 100kph-5th gear on the expressway, reached the ghat section so had to shift down to 4th. The car kept losing speed so thought the slope must be steep and down shifted to 3rd, strangely the car still kept losing speed and felt out of breath! Eventually I had to shift to 2nd to gain some momentum!
- I've done around 17k kms on my Figo and this is the first time this has happened to me.
- I know the petrol Figo doesn't have that much power but my concern is that I've been on the same route multiple times in the past but have never experienced this!
- Is this a once-off scenario or is this an indication of a possible issue?
- I haven't experienced any other abnormalities with the car and it runs beautifully - just returned from the Lonavala drive - 200+kms of nice drive!
HELP!
Was it a steep ghat section? If so, shifting down to 2nd gear makes perfect sense.
Old 25th November 2013, 09:47   #8783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinThekkan View Post
That's a lovely colour and I would have definitely gone for this had it been available in July. It looks like they have added a chrome window beading as well.

Is there any other feature addition / deletion that you are aware of ?
Old 25th November 2013, 10:11   #8784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks very nice. The website is not updated though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
It looks like they have added a chrome window beading as well.
Don't think its chrome. Looks like a reflection
Old 25th November 2013, 10:28   #8785
BHPian

Quote:
It looks like they have added a chrome window beading as well.
Hi, its not chrome window beadings. it is the light reflection as the pic was taken inside the showroom.

Quote:
Is there any other feature addition / deletion that you are aware of ?
No addition / deletion, it is just a new colour to the present Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Looks very nice. The website is not updated though.
It is because, Ford have just introduced this colour. Most probably it will be available from january only.
Old 25th November 2013, 10:40   #8786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post

Was it a steep ghat section? If so, shifting down to 2nd gear makes perfect sense.
The slope at the beginning if the ghat section on the Mum-Pune expressway isn't that steep IMO. I've been through that section multiple times in the past and this is the first time this has happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Was the car loaded? With 4-5 on board, the 1.2 get more underpowered and a ghat section will call for 2-3rd gear depending on the grade and is made worse by the AC.
You should also keep in mind, the car is a bit heavy too for a 71bhp engine.
To enjoy this car, the engjne needs to be revvd and turn off the AC.
1. The car wasn't loaded, we were just two.
2. I realize the 1.2 isn't as powerful, but like I mentioned, this is the first ever time this has happened in my 1.5 yrs of owning the figo!

Last edited by nishantbhatia84 : 25th November 2013 at 10:49.
Old 25th November 2013, 10:41   #8787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same here, would have gone for this color if it was available back then. I dont recollect any other Ford models with this color. Probably it will come out with the Ecosport as well.

Quote:
Hello BHP'ians!
- Was cruising at around 100kph-5th gear on the expressway, reached the ghat section
HELP!
Was the car loaded? With 4-5 on board, the 1.2 get more underpowered and a ghat section will call for 2-3rd gear depending on the grade and is made worse by the AC.
You should also keep in mind, the car is a bit heavy too for a 71bhp engine.

To enjoy this car, the engjne needs to be revvd and turn off the AC.
Old 25th November 2013, 10:57   #8788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The slope at the beginning if the ghat section on the Mum-Pune expressway isn't that steep IMO. I've been through that section multiple times in the past and this is the first time this has happened.

1. The car wasn't loaded, we were just two.
2. I realize the 1.2 isn't as powerful, but like I mentioned, this is the first ever time this has happened in my 1.5 yrs of owning the figo!
Then it sounds like something else. Does engine rev freely in neutral? Do check all the filters, air, fuel.
Was the AC running at this time did turning it off make any difference?
Old 25th November 2013, 11:21   #8789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post

Then it sounds like something else. Does engine rev freely in neutral? Do check all the filters, air, fuel.
Was the AC running at this time did turning it off make any difference?
The engine does rev freely otherwise, no problems whatsoever! That's the strange thing! I wonder what happened! I'll get the air-filter checked.
Old 25th November 2013, 11:55   #8790
BHPian

Quote:
The engine does rev freely otherwise, no problems whatsoever! That's the strange thing! I wonder what happened! I'll get the air-filter checked.
Yeah. I was about to tell you that. Could just be a one off issue, hopefully.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks