Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 13:06   #871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Lol. Mustang this is the new Fiesta. Looks more like a SUV and is super tall. The Fiesta here is a super low sedan and so is the Figo.
Even Jeremy Clarkson looks taller! I think the video's aspect ratio is not right. The BBC logo looks stretched too.
Old 16th March 2010, 13:10   #872
Senior - BHPian

Went to Sai Service yesterday evening with the intention of TD'ing the k-series twins. However, they offered me a silver Ritz for a short spin, but I did not go ahead as it was a customer car being readied for delivery today.

However I did sit in it and started the engine, and below are my observations.

- Figo driving position is far better. I liked the one big dial of the silver VXi though. Sorely missed height adjustments in the VXi.
- Gearshifts did not feel noticeably slicker than the Figo (again, stationary shifting).
- Figo doors seem heavier and better.
- Ditto for the Figo switchgear.
- Refinement at idle is comparable.
- Rear seat of the Ritz is quite upright and far better in the Figo. Both not a patch on our current Indigo though.
- Rear visibility, Figo is better.

I hope to get a more detailed comparison when I get to drive a demo car.

I would have loved to try out the Swift also, but it was again a white customer car, so did not bother.

Price Comparo :

Ritz ZXI OTR Pune : 5,59,313 (15k cash discount can be availed, didnt ask about corporate discounts).
Swift ZXI OTR Pune : 5,96,900 (No discounts)
Figo Titanium Petrol : 5,00,180.

Maruti Prices include 7k for the extended warranty.

As of now, the Marutis dont really seem worth the price differential to me.But frankly, the Figo is too docile for me too, not that its a bad thing, but a little more zing would have sealed the deal in Figo's favour. I will continue my quest to find a nice used Baleno till then. :(
Old 16th March 2010, 13:15   #873
Senior - BHPian

@ sajo - How was the interior plastic quality when compared to the Ritz?
Old 16th March 2010, 13:19   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
@ sajo - How was the interior plastic quality when compared to the Ritz?
Yep, forgot to mention that. Figo feels better when it comes to the dashboard plastics and door handles. Figo also *feels* more solidly put together.
Old 16th March 2010, 13:22   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Lol. Mustang this is the new Fiesta. Looks more like a SUV and is super tall. The Fiesta here is a super low sedan and so is the Figo.
Have driven the Fiesta On Mumbai's flooded roads(the area I live is prone to water logging) with water reaching over the door sill with no problem at all.
Old 16th March 2010, 13:23   #876
BANNED

Its superb video mustang. where is this from US or Europe ?
Old 16th March 2010, 14:19   #877
BHPian

When I see the accessory list I get reminded of the joke below.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-invoice-cow.jpg  

Old 16th March 2010, 14:22   #878
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hi there .. took a TD of the figo diesel yesterday. was quite impressed with the powerful AC which chilled me instantly. But the powerful AC took its toll on the engine and below 2k rpm the engine was quite sluggish in its response. After 2k its an altogether a different experience. Had driven the ikon diesel also but there was no issue of pickup in that as it was in figo below 2k. maybe its bcoz ikon is 100 kgs lighter than figo. Ikon weights 1006 kgs and figo 1115 kgs.

Another point is that the stereo was on tuner (radio) mode and strangely when i accelerated the song started to play faster and when i was say in 2nd gear below 2k rpm the song playing was kinda sluggish. Did anybody else felt this or it was just me?

Lastly when i came to a standstill after the TD and switched off the engine, the whole body of the figo shook and i was taken aback. Maybe to let the new owner know (the version in which the tacho is missing) that the engine has stalled at the traffic lights...

Talking of the tacho , I didnt understand that why the tacho is marked upto 7k even in the diesel? strange as it shud be till 6k and redlined from 4.5k onwards.

Nevertheless Im still in favor of the figo and wud be booking it later in this month

but m confused between diamond white and chill color with black dash in both the cases help me in choosing the right color.

If anyone has a pic of both the white and chill colored figo do put it up here so that i can compare it and decide on which one to go with.
Yes. the engine is sluggish at lower rpm. During TD I changed smaller gears very quickly to see the engine performance. I felt the same in Figo as well as Ikon TDCi. Thats why I asked about the Gearbox in my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
This is quiet common with diesel cars including Toyota Inova, i20 etc.

Cost cutting same as Logan. Both Petrol and Diesel have same Tacho.
About Diesel start stop.
While starting - Engine should not vibrate or shake the body. Normally Engine mounts are made of high quality rubber with steel wrapper. I think mounts are hydraulic now a days - Techies can tell more.

While stopping - Give a slightly deep throttle and remove your foot - Key off immediately before acclerator comes to its default positon (may be less than a second). You wont see body vibrations. -- Standard switch off procedure of Diesel engines.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:25   #879
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Have driven the Fiesta On Mumbai's flooded roads(the area I live is prone to water logging) with water reaching over the door sill with no problem at all.
Yogi, I was talking about the TDCi. The Petrol may not be a problem as it is NA engine whereas TDCi is turbo.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:48   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Correct me if I am wrong..but from the POV of the vehicle riding behind, between the hazard light coming on and normal brake lights, it is only the blinking which differs..right? Hope it does not encourage carelessness by way of providing a false sense of security.
I don't know how it works on the Figo, but having been quite close to the Micra under test in Chennai, where I saw something similar - this system works .

My experience was not under any panic braking conditions but normal braking when the brake lights on the test cars started flashing and I was about 20-30 feet behind. It could have been hotwired for visibility purposes because of the camo and taping, but the point is that it works,the difference in the pattern was quite pronounced.

My guess is that it will be similar in the Figo but at different speeds like Mustang 101 mentioned.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:54   #881
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
About Diesel start stop.
While starting - Engine should not vibrate or shake the body. Normally Engine mounts are made of high quality rubber with steel wrapper. I think mounts are hydraulic now a days - Techies can tell more.

While stopping - Give a slightly deep throttle and remove your foot - Key off immediately before acclerator comes to its default positon (may be less than a second). You wont see body vibrations. -- Standard switch off procedure of Diesel engines.
1. I'm yet to buy in the argument that all diesel cars shake when during Stop-Stop. I have driven 2 Fiesta TDCis over the past year and I can say for sure that it doesn't shake as much as the Figo. Don't compare the Figo to Fiesta is a valid point;but saying all of them shake isn't quite acceptable

2. RGK - Regarding the ignition stop method you have suggested - Isn't general practice the other way around? Eg. The Indica Dicor has a sticker which says, "Keep the engine in idle for a minute before switching off". This is to prevent the Turbo from spinning at a high speed when the engine is shut off.
Old 16th March 2010, 14:58   #882
BHPian

test drive or crash drive.

Just saw one Figo which had met with accident near My house (Near Vijaya Enclave).
It was a test drive car and Car front was completely damaged, No idea about any causalities. Airbags were deployed. have some photos in mobile but not able to download it.
Looks like driver was at least at 60Kmph when car met with accident.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:08   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK

How many turbochargers have you destroyed until now?
Old 16th March 2010, 15:22   #884
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
1. I'm yet to buy in the argument that all diesel cars shake when during Stop-Stop. I have driven 2 Fiesta TDCis over the past year and I can say for sure that it doesn't shake as much as the Figo. Don't compare the Figo to Fiesta is a valid point;but saying all of them shake isn't quite acceptable

2. RGK - Regarding the ignition stop method you have suggested - Isn't general practice the other way around? Eg. The Indica Dicor has a sticker which says, "Keep the engine in idle for a minute before switching off". This is to prevent the Turbo from spinning at a high speed when the engine is shut off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post

How many turbochargers have you destroyed until now?
I was expecting these.
- Purely to avoid vibrations. Make it idle , then you can give a twist or punch ( do not know the exact english term) in your pedal and switch off - Vibrations will/should be definitely lower.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:23   #885
BANNED

Quote:
Actually we have a new fiesta hatch here, its probably just a couple of centimeters wider & taller than the figo. They look absolutely similar, The only visual difference can be noticed in their length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post

Exactly,
Whether diesel or petrol, The air intake is almost similar as the one with a turbo uses exhaust gasses & not air from from outside to kick in the boost. So there is no need to have drastic changes in the air intake system.

Most Viewed