Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 15:25   #886
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Its superb video mustang. where is this from US or Europe ?
This is from topgear UK,

You can see it on youtube, this one was part 2

It is titled, ford fiesta mk7 review part 1 & part 2
Old 16th March 2010, 15:28   #887
BHPian

Coral ip

Question for Mustang or anyone else.

Why is the Coral Red ip not offered on the Colarado Red exterior colour?

When i first saw the coral ip in the stationary display car at the dealership (which was having squeeze- green exterior paint), my first thought was that this would probably look good with the Red exterior.

Maybe Ford didn't want customers to have a Red-Red combo but why not provide the choice to the customers ?

I am asking this not because i liked the coral ip. It is not as bad as seen in pictures. Maybe it will appeal to customers seeking a change from the routine. I am not sure that it has a long term appeal though i.e. after using the car for 2 years, there are chances i won't like looking at the coral ip.
For me the ebony is classy and elegant.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:38   #888
BHPian

Took a TD of Diesel Figo from Metro ford (St. Marks Road) this morning. Thanks to this thread, I knew pretty much everything that has been discussed abt the car. Some of my observations:

* Heard the engine noise while we were outside. It seemed a lot more (somewhat comparable to Indica cabs) than what is acceptable to me.
* I noticed some kind of lag. A couple of times when i tried to accelerate quickly, I found immediate (but not complete) response from the car but after nearly a second or so, felt the surge of power that would've been proportional to my demand. The odo read 475 KMs, so not sure if this lag and the earlier noise issue was due to lack of servicing amidst all the TDs.
* Suspension was good.. we couldn't feel the potholes or the jutting lane-reflectors. One occasion when i put the front right wheel into a 3-inch deep ditch, i heard a loud clank. Couldn't repeat it as we'd almost reached the showroom by then. Did anyone else experience such loud clanks ?
* Horn was difficult to operate on the TD vehicle having airbags. However, it was proper (easy) on the ZXI model (no airbags) standing in the showroom . (Yes, it did cause a loud and embarrassing "PRRRRAAAAMP" )
* Shuddering during switch-off seemed prominent and not to my liking
* Didn't like the quality of inner door handles. They felt hard and brittle.
* Power window switches, ORVM Joystick were all fine.
* Forgot to check if the ORVMs fold outward when brushed by inconsiderate bikers .. has anyone observed this?

My wife's feedback: (She doesn't follow TBHP)
* Rear seat comfort is better in Getz and Vista as compared to Figo
* Engine and exterior noise is more in Figo than compared to Vista QJD
* Happy with rear seat leg room.. but width-wise Vista seemed more comfortable for 3 ppl
* Impressed with Stereo and Electric ORVM

Abt the Sales persons .. yes it was a bit annoying. Right from the beginning, he seemed to be more concerned abt the next TD customer who hadn't even arrived yet. He came to his senses only after I made it clear that I was there for a Test Drive and not to check whether the wheels can rotate. I wonder if they get commissions on the number of cars they sell or on the number of Test Drives they manage.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:39   #889
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
Question for Mustang or anyone else.

Why is the Coral Red ip not offered on the Colarado Red exterior colour?

It is because we did have one of our test mules with red exterior color & coral red interiors, It looked really bad & started hurting my cornea & pupils. It looked pathetic.

Someone suggested at ford India that if red with coral is going to be sold then we would have to price it slightly higher owing to the expenses of free ray-bans that we would have to give along with it.
Old 16th March 2010, 15:54   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

Someone suggested at ford India that if red with coral is going to be sold then we would have to price it slightly higher owing to the expenses of free ray-bans that we would have to give along with it.

Thanks Mustang. That seems to be the only logical problem.
However, the green (squeeze) and coral ip is also a sore mismatch (Raybans really needed ).
So maybe Ford could have passed on the choice to the customer. If one can bear a Green exterior - Red interior combo, they could possibly love a Red - Red combo !

Next, there may be an Aquarius Blue exterior paint with a light blue ip on the inside.

Last edited by gaurav911 : 16th March 2010 at 15:55.
Old 16th March 2010, 16:01   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I was expecting these.
- Purely to avoid vibrations. Make it idle , then you can give a twist or punch ( do not know the exact english term) in your pedal and switch off - Vibrations will/should be definitely lower.
This way you're fooling the Turbo from spinning?

That said, There are hydraulic engine mounts in the Figo, right?
Old 16th March 2010, 16:02   #892
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
* Forgot to check if the ORVMs fold outward when brushed by inconsiderate bikers .. has anyone observed this?
Yes, They do fold outwards.
Old 16th March 2010, 16:05   #893
BANNED

Quote:

However, the green (squeeze) and coral ip is also a sore mismatch (Raybans really needed ).
If one can bear a Green exterior - Red interior combo, they could possibly love a Red - Red combo !

Next, there may be an Aquarius Blue exterior paint with a light blue ip on the inside.
A lot of girls/wives would opt for the Squeeze with coral combo & maybe even a few men would like it.

Think about people like govinda, They would surely want one with this combo
Old 16th March 2010, 16:18   #894
BHPian

Quote:
...If one can bear a Green exterior - Red interior combo, they could possibly love a Red - Red combo !
Not a bad idea. i think some of the Laptop brands and mobile phone brands do offer such colour features that allow mix-n-match customizations.
Old 16th March 2010, 16:32   #895
Distinguished - BHPian

Why not offer the option to choose between Full Black and Black-Biege interiors? That would have been better than to choose the Coral red IP topper.

Though beige is not my favourite, it's the IN colour now and some of my friends seem to complain about the all black interiors in the Figo.
Old 16th March 2010, 16:41   #896
SCH
BHPian

I heard a few lady customers go ga ga about the red interiors for novelty sake. I guess the only path breaker for figo would be the fuel economy figure in city traffic. If it is able to keep pace with the Maruti K series engines then ford have an alright winner here, as many hatchback buyers are concerned about the FE figure.
Old 16th March 2010, 16:52   #897
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post

That said, There are hydraulic engine mounts in the Figo, right?
Not really sure. Hope so. Ford Techies can help on this.
Old 16th March 2010, 17:03   #898
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
Took a TD of Diesel Figo from Metro ford (St. Marks Road) this morning. Thanks to this thread, I knew pretty much everything that has been discussed abt the car. Some of my observations:

Abt the Sales persons .. yes it was a bit annoying. Right from the beginning, he seemed to be more concerned abt the next TD customer who hadn't even arrived yet. He came to his senses only after I made it clear that I was there for a Test Drive and not to check whether the wheels can rotate. I wonder if they get commissions on the number of cars they sell or on the number of Test Drives they manage.
Exactly - Sales guys are under tremendous pressure. After TD, they ask "Saar - Are you booking now, please sit". If you say "not now". They loose interest immediately (to an extent accepted - they work for targets and not to give TD's "chumma - just like that").
Old 16th March 2010, 17:28   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
.. After TD, they ask "Saar - Are you booking now, please sit". If you say "not now". They loose interest immediately...
I found my case to be more weird. I asked the sales person to give me a quotation for TDCi Titanium. Instantly he lost interest and said .. "Delivery can happen only next month. Post-budget prices will be applicable then. So, even if i give you a quotation now it will be of no use since u cannot submit it to the bank." Saying so, he thrust a pamphlet into my hand and proceeded to attend to another customer.! He didn't even ask when I would make a booking / if at all i'm interested in a bank loan !!

Fellow Bengalureans .. have any of you visited multiple Ford showrooms? If so, which one would u recommend w.r.t the number of cars on display and good customer service? (Today, Metro Ford St. Marks Road, had only one White Petrol Zxi on display and one Sea-grey Diesel Titanium for Test Drives. Is the colour Chill on display anywhere here?)
Old 16th March 2010, 17:35   #900
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhil@Bengaluru View Post
Just saw one Figo which had met with accident near My house (Near Vijaya Enclave).
It was a test drive car and Car front was completely damaged, No idea about any causalities. Airbags were deployed. have some photos in mobile but not able to download it.
Looks like driver was at least at 60Kmph when car met with accident.
Please post the pics. You are the first one to see a crash (Test drive) of figo. We all wish to see it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks