Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2014, 14:55   #9001
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bharadwaj View Post
I just bought the extended warranty! Rs 9649
My current odo is 13k for a Sept 2012 Figo.
So, I guess I won't cross the 1 lakh limit @end of 4yrs also..
I am in the same boat. The guys at Cauvery Ford have been calling me for the extended warranty. I have 10k on the odo for a car that has been running since April 2013. My only question to them was, why can't I take it later?

Everyone wants the money at 'this' time, when you are planning for tax expenses

How important is the 4th year extended warranty? I mean at 10k (almost) it's not dirt cheap. Also, nowadays diesel cars are expected to have niggles only after the 5th year! What a quandary!
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 15:37   #9002
BHPian

Moderator note: Post edited removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
My only question to them was, why can't I take it later?

Everyone wants the money at 'this' time, when you are planning for tax expenses

How important is the 4th year extended warranty? I mean at 10k (almost) it's not dirt cheap. Also, nowadays diesel cars are expected to have niggles only after the 5th year! What a quandary!

To quote the mail from Chennai Ford

"As a part of realigning the EW Product Ford India decided to discontinue the 3rd & 4th year Extened Warranty from 31st jan 2014. Hence kindly renew your vehicle 3rd/4th year EW on or before 31st Jan 2014.Further details contact Mrs. Nathiya, Mobile no.98400 24402.If you already extended the warranty for 3rd & 4th year kindly ignore this mail.Terms & Conditions Apply."

So, god knows why they've decided to discontinue the EW. But since this is the last chance to have 4yr EW, I thought to go for it. Even if i decide to part ways with the car a year from now, the resale value may be better with EW.

And by the way, do other car manufacturers (Maruti, Hyundai) even give 4 yr EW for hatchs?

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th January 2014 at 16:10.
a_bharadwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 11:26   #9003
BHPian

Quote:
Moderator note: Post edited removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

To quote the mail from Chennai Ford

"As a part of realigning the EW Product Ford India decided to discontinue the 3rd & 4th year Extened Warranty from 31st jan 2014. Hence kindly renew your vehicle 3rd/4th year EW on or before 31st Jan 2014.Further details contact Mrs. Nathiya, Mobile no.98400 24402.If you already extended the warranty for 3rd & 4th year kindly ignore this mail.Terms & Conditions Apply."

So, god knows why they've decided to discontinue the EW. But since this is the last chance to have 4yr EW, I thought to go for it. Even if i decide to part ways with the car a year from now, the resale value may be better with EW.

And by the way, do other car manufacturers (Maruti, Hyundai) even give 4 yr EW for hatchs?
Had called up Fortune Ford (Hyd) to check whether the 4th yr EW is really being withdrawn.

The finance person had told me that the 4th yr EW is not being withdrawn but the price is definitely going up (possibly to 11k or even 13k) after 31st Jan'14.

She said its best you take it as she was double sure of the price hike. So guys, I guess though it sounds Ford may not withdraw the EW but they sure are going to hike it. So even I am planning to go for it (I have covered 21k kms in 11 months).

Your views please.

Last edited by Venkat_Figo : 29th January 2014 at 11:27.
Old 29th January 2014, 11:50   #9004
BHPian

Confirmed it with MPL ford too. since my car already has 3rd year EW, i decided to opt for the 4th year EW and the total comes to Rs 10692. EW will not be offered from Jan 31st onwards it seems.

P.S: Since i have only 3 days left, should i opt for 4th year EW? I covered only 3k Kms in the last 1 year

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 29th January 2014 at 11:59.
Old 29th January 2014, 12:39   #9005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
So even I am planning to go for it (I have covered 21k kms in 11 months).

Your views please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
P.S: Since i have only 3 days left, should i opt for 4th year EW? I covered only 3k Kms in the last 1 year
Guys,

To be honest, there is no definite answer to this question. It depends only on your decision whether to go for it or not. If you are ok with spending 10K for it, then please go for it since it'll give you that added peace of mind for that additional year. A car doesn't need to run a lot for the parts to fail, so it all boils down to your luck or bad luck at the end of the 4 years when you look back. Also please read and understand the parts coverage for the 4th year before going for it because some parts will be left out from it and also any modifications done on the car can void your car's warranty during a scrutiny.

Think of it as insurance which pays back only in case of an unfortunate event, which you are trying to avoid in the first place. Just my opinion.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 17:38   #9006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Confirmed it with MPL ford too. since my car already has 3rd year EW, i decided to opt for the 4th year EW and the total comes to Rs 10692. EW will not be offered from Jan 31st onwards it seems.

@Arch-Angel
I paid Rs.9649 for 4yr EW @ Chennai Ford. How is that you're quoted Rs 10692?
Pls check and confirm before paying.

P.S: Mine is Sept 2012 TDCi. Is yours a newer model and does is vary?
Old 29th January 2014, 21:23   #9007
BHPian

Quote:
@Arch-Angel
I paid Rs.9649 for 4yr EW @ Chennai Ford. How is that you're quoted Rs 10692?
Pls check and confirm before paying.

P.S: Mine is Sept 2012 TDCi. Is yours a newer model and does is vary?
Wow that's a lot of money.

Last edited by sansvk : 29th January 2014 at 21:25. Reason: edit
Old 30th January 2014, 11:16   #9008
Senior - BHPian

Hey Folks, I need some quick feedback from you. I bought my Figo in march 2012 from lathangi Ford and during purchase i was offered 3rd extended warranty as part of the sales offer. The sales guys told me at that point that the extended warranty form in the user manual booklet needs to be shown at the dealership before the end of 2yrs to start the 3rd yr warranty. Upon recently checking at another dealership Elite Ford to confirm this, they told me that its all online now and my for my car there is no record of 3rd EW and neither the registration form guarantees 3rd yr warranty. He also told me to follow this up asap since Ford wont give EW after 31st Jan.

Now I am in bit of dilemma. I am following up with Lathangi ford and they are asking for any proof of the same since the sales guy doesnt work there any more. Has anyone undergone this experience? any inputs?

Last edited by supertinu : 30th January 2014 at 11:19.
Old 30th January 2014, 12:24   #9009
Senior - BHPian

Guys who have 4 year old cars - what parts have you'll replaced in the 3rd - 4th year other than the regular consumables ? i.e, - what parts have failed that needed replacement ?

I will not be opting for the 4th yr EW as it's way too expensive.
Old 30th January 2014, 14:51   #9010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Has anyone undergone this experience? any inputs?
I also have been offered 3r yr warranty as part of the deal. However I followed up few times immediately after purchase and got the written document and validated in my regular service centre which is diff from the dealer where i have bought to ensure the 3rd warranty is provided for the car. I am not sure whether they will honor without any written doc. This is based on a laborious experience I had gone with my Maruti 3rd year warranty.
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 15:39   #9011
BHPian

Its been a couple of weeks since I went and bought the 4th yr EW from Ford. I called up that lady today and she told me I will be getting the certificate only towards the end of Feb as this will be posted by Ford India. Should I believe this? What if waht I signed up for was very basic stuff and not even close to comprehensive?
Old 30th January 2014, 16:02   #9012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Now I am in bit of dilemma. I am following up with Lathangi ford and they are asking for any proof of the same since the sales guy doesnt work there any more. Has anyone undergone this experience? any inputs?
Please check the invoice you received when you bought the car. It should show around 5K for the 3rd year warranty. You don't need to get it activated as the sales guy is telling. In fact I have never received my 3rd year warranty document for my TDCi, and my car is now 3.5 years old, but the A.S.S. databases always reflected to show that I had 3rd year coverage. I think a search with the VIN number in their system should confirm if your car is covered or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Its been a couple of weeks since I went and bought the 4th yr EW from Ford. I called up that lady today and she told me I will be getting the certificate only towards the end of Feb as this will be posted by Ford India. Should I believe this? What if waht I signed up for was very basic stuff and not even close to comprehensive?
Extended warranty document/certificate will take time before it reaches you. Believe the lady and please be patient, you should get it. To add, I don't think there are different types of extended warranties available There would be only one.
jayded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 22:28   #9013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I also have been offered 3r yr warranty as part of the deal. However I followed up few times immediately after purchase and got the written document and validated in my regular service centre which is diff from the dealer where i have bought to ensure the 3rd warranty is provided for the car. I am not sure whether they will honor without any written doc. This is based on a laborious experience I had gone with my Maruti 3rd year warranty.
Yes i think i kind of got screwed on this one. I did not follow up for 2 years and now the likely hood of getting it from the dealership is very low. I dont have any written proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Please check the invoice you received when you bought the car. It should show around 5K for the 3rd year warranty. You don't need to get it activated as the sales guy is telling. In fact I have never received my 3rd year warranty document for my TDCi, and my car is now 3.5 years old, but the A.S.S. databases always reflected to show that I had 3rd year coverage. I think a search with the VIN number in their system should confirm if your car is covered or not.
Jayded, i checked against my car VIN no at the dealership and that's how i came to know that warranty next month after the 2 yr cycle. In the invoice there is no mention of the free 3rd yr extended warranty. Looks like the salesman took me for a ride on this one.
Old 31st January 2014, 10:43   #9014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
The certificate takes a long time to get, what you could do is to ensure that the EW is updated in the online records of the service centre, that should be good enough.
Old 31st January 2014, 12:28   #9015
BHPian

Guys, I am facing the infamous stalling issue with my Figo. I might have to visit the ASC to get the software updated. Any idea how long does it take as that is the only issue for which I have to visit. Also, is there any FSA no. assigned by Ford for this task so that I can specifically ask to perform that FSA?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks