Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2014, 08:08   #9331
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
A similar thing happened at Rajshree ford, Coimbatore for my fusion service.
At Rajshree Ford, CBE, it is like they are doing a favour to us by allowing our cars to their esteemed service center.

Service Advisers tend to question about the knowledge about cars, while the only policy they seem to follow correctly is to not allow customers near the cars.

It's been years since i visited them; except for the pain to procure this 5w30 semi-synthetic oil, i see no reason to see their workshop gates.
Old 26th May 2014, 18:18   #9332
Senior - BHPian

My Figo visited the Ford ASC Sunday. The car had broken down on the road on Friday. M wife was at the wheel and she got a local mechanic ( ref Just Dial ) to get it started. The problem was a broken V belt. The ODO stood at 57.5 K The replacement of the V Belt along with the bearings and coupling + change of the real wiper blades set me back by Rs 12.7 K.

Is it normal for V belt to wear out so soon. This is my fourth car and none of my other cars has needed a V belt replacement so soon. The maintenance of the car is definitely a lot more expensive than a Maruti or a Tata car. The car will again be visiting the ASC in some time for the 60 K service. Keeping fingers crossed that I do not get another big fat bill.
Old 26th May 2014, 23:26   #9333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Finally got my Figo back

Final slap on the face was the Pending jobs which I'm attaching as a pic.

In that case, the car and the service centre would need replacement.
Old 28th May 2014, 11:01   #9334
BHPian

Guys, I am hearing some noise while braking when taking the car from a cold start. It disappears after a few minutes though. Is this normal or should I be worried?
Old 28th May 2014, 16:49   #9335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, I am hearing some noise while braking when taking the car from a cold start. It disappears after a few minutes though. Is this normal or should I be worried?
If the handbrake has been engaged and the car left stationary for few days, there will be a rubbing noise from rear break drums.
There can a rubbing noise from the front discs as well . Both disappears after few minutes of driving and they are normal.
I had it on my Figo during the initial years and is not a problem now, probably because the pads have thinned out.

Just see that your discs do not have deep lines on them since Ford A*S*S has this standard line which says, 'change discs', instead of actually saying, 'change pads'.
Old 28th May 2014, 17:02   #9336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
If the handbrake has been engaged and the car left stationary for few days, there will be a rubbing noise from rear break drums.
There can a rubbing noise from the front discs as well . Both disappears after few minutes of driving and they are normal.
I had it on my Figo during the initial years and is not a problem now, probably because the pads have thinned out.

Just see that your discs do not have deep lines on them since Ford A*S*S has this standard line which says, 'change discs', instead of actually saying, 'change pads'.
Thanks Tharian. I heard it this morning and the car hasn't been left stationary for days. Maybe hours though.

I had changed my brake pads during my recent 50k service and the discs when checked, were fine. Could be just a one off thing.

On a different note, has anyone remapped the ECU for their Figo? My extended warranty gets over in August and am thinking of doing it.
Old 28th May 2014, 18:27   #9337
BHPian

I am getting 'hissing noise' from the a/c for the last two weeks. Earlier, the hissing noise comes when the compressor starts and goes away in few seconds. However, now the hissing noise continue all the time when compressor is on.

This noise disappears if i run the fan alone and comes only when the compressor is on. During the compressor cut off, the noise goes and comes back again when compressor is on. I mostly run the fan in 1 speed. I tried running the fan in high speed for couple of minutes and also run heater for couple of minutes, but the hissing noise didn't go.

I have found couple of earlier posts mentioned about the hissing noise from a/c but couldn't find any solution. Please let me know if any DIY checks/solutions.
Old 28th May 2014, 21:12   #9338
BHPian

Just 7 days ago, the engine check light flashed and the engine became unresponsive for few seconds just few kms after starting from home. After switching the engine off and starting it again, there was no drama for few minutes, but again the engine check light started to blink. I drove cautiously for 3-4 kms but didn't felt drop in power. After that, it didn't blink till date but I feel that the engine has lost its initial grunt/pull/pickup. One has to work more with the accelerator and gears to gain pace. Got the battery checked and its fine. Also, all the fluids are fine. I could feel the turbo spooling, but at higher RPM level.

The car is 2010 make 30000 kms old and is been driven very cautiously and serviced before schedule. Last, it was serviced at 23000 kms and I am about to get it serviced asap.

What could be the problem? Which things should I keep in mind during the service?
Could it be Clogged Injectors/ egr valve? or a bug in ECU? My car still stalls sometimes on depressing the clutch while changing the gears. The service center guys told that they remapped the ECU, but I have doubt, as they were not able to connect their system with the ECU for 2-3 hours and within 4-5 minutes they informed that they updated the software.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 28th May 2014 at 21:13.
Old 29th May 2014, 00:43   #9339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Just 7 days ago, the engine check light flashed and the engine became unresponsive for few seconds just few kms after starting from home. After switching the engine off and starting it again, there was no drama for few minutes, but again the engine check light started to blink. I drove cautiously for 3-4 kms but didn't felt drop in power. After that, it didn't blink till date but I feel that the engine has lost its initial grunt/pull/pickup. One has to work more with the accelerator and gears to gain pace. Got the battery checked and its fine. Also, all the fluids are fine. I could feel the turbo spooling, but at higher RPM level.
Blowhard, get your battery checked. In my petrol Figo, I had the same problem and once I put in a new battery, the issue hasn't recurred after that for the last 4 months.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 01:05   #9340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I am getting 'hissing noise' from the a/c for the last two weeks. Earlier, the hissing noise comes when the compressor starts and goes away in few seconds. However, now the hissing noise continue all the time when compressor is on.

This noise disappears if i run the fan alone and comes only when the compressor is on. During the compressor cut off, the noise goes and comes back again when compressor is on. I mostly run the fan in 1 speed. I tried running the fan in high speed for couple of minutes and also run heater for couple of minutes, but the hissing noise didn't go.

I have found couple of earlier posts mentioned about the hissing noise from a/c but couldn't find any solution. Please let me know if any DIY checks/solutions.
I had this hissing sound when i turn on the AC in my Figo. It used to come in short intervals and would always be there when the compressor is running. I checked with Cauvery Ford and they replaced the compressor under warranty. It's been an year and the noise is not there anymore. Ask the service centre people to check your car once.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 03:44   #9341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I am getting 'hissing noise' from the a/c for the last two weeks. now the hissing noise continue all the time when compressor is on.

This noise disappears if i run the fan alone and comes only when the compressor is on.

Hi Deva, please check a thread from Mathew for a similar issue http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151092
Please tread carefully, he is having a hard time trying to get warranty for this from Ford.
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 08:34   #9342
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post

The car is 2010 make 30000 kms old and is been driven very cautiously and serviced before schedule. Last, it was serviced at 23000 kms and I am about to get it serviced asap.

What could be the problem? Which things should I keep in mind during the service?
Could it be Clogged Injectors/ egr valve? or a bug in ECU? My car still stalls sometimes on depressing the clutch while changing the gears. The service center guys told that they remapped the ECU, but I have doubt, as they were not able to connect their system with the ECU for 2-3 hours and within 4-5 minutes they informed that they updated the software.
this is exactly similar to the problem I faced year or so ago. There was one faulty fuel injector and it was replaced under warranty. DO NOT 'nurse' your vehicle even for an extra km of driving, as much as practially possible. Get it to the SS asap and get the issue addressed.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 15:16   #9343
BHPian

I am loving my Figo. Came back after three weeks and started her right up. No issues. I can honestly say that I am quite happy with this car. The few minor quirks aside (yes, I too hear the squealing when I start in the mornings) and the rough diesel noise (taken care of by the audio system), I am really pleased with the product. Its 18k+ kms now and she's going in sometime soon for her next service. Hope she comes out of it with a much more pleasant / refined attitude.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 18:30   #9344
BHPian

Is rusting related body shop repairs covered in warranty? Have an inch length bubbles/rust in the rear left passenger door near the handle. It has been like that for an year or so. When i checked with the SA during my recent 30K service he asked me to take it to body shop and says that it will be covered in warranty. Has anybody here done similar stuff under warranty?
Old 29th May 2014, 22:11   #9345
BHPian

[quote=DRIVE_ADDICT;2770378]For those who came to this thread
3. Engine shut down issues (used to happen with few Figos) will be fixed by software upgrade and i believe newer batches doesn't have this issue.

thank you for your comment two years ago .. was recently reading older blogs and came across your remedy.

I own a Ford Figo TDCI ZXi (One step lower to Titanium) and I had been facing the problem of Engine Cut off while de-accelerating (whether high speed or lower speeds of 30-40. Dangerous though cause on turnings the Power Wheel cuts off and the vehicle steering becomes more like that of an Indica without power steering ..

Now after two years I contacted my Figo dealer Ms. Bhavna Ford in Kalina Mumbai and they took the car on the RAMP and did some software upgrade. Something that I have been complaining about for two long years. Their test drivers probably know this so when I am in the vehicle while they drive and test it .... The vehicle performs awesome...

The software upgrade they did now has my car more peppy ... the pickup has gone up ... At higher gears I can still take off when needed to overtake...

Thank you ... So much !!
riteshpawar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks