Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2014, 10:34   #9406
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
24k??
Made out of carbotanium or what?
That was exactly my response when I saw the bill even though warranty covered it. Imagine changing all 4, 1 lac just for injectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
They changed a total of 4 injectors, I was shocked but nevertheless was done under warranty, hence nothing paid from my pocket.

I was gonna install a race chip in July, I believe the race chip is programmed to make the injectors inject more fuel. If this is the case then maybe I may have to get the injectors changed more frequently.
wow, all 4. As per my dealership its 24K per injector. Let me know how much were you charged. Even though its in warranty, the bill should show details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
At what kms were the injectors replaced. Even though it was covered under warranty, what was the cost of the injectors?
24K per injector, mine was replaced at 20K km but i believe it was faulty for sometime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
The ABS Light coming on and beeping just after cranking the engine has started in my car as well. It happened last week a couple of times, when I started the car first thing in the morning, but not otherwise.

My car is a May 2010 model, so I guess the battery is now due for replacement?
I dont think its a good idea to change battery based on ABS light coming up. The ABS circuitry might be over sensitive to voltage drop. You should decide based on engine cranking. NOrmally you can tell when the cranking starts to get weaker. Thats good time to change. On my ikon Flair with OEM battery from Motocraft, I have managed 5yrs from single battery twice now without any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameer_Gupta View Post
Came for regular service of my Figo 1.4 - all done smoothly, but then my SA informs me that there is some noise coming from the power steering pump. Also the power steering fluid seems to have some debris. According to him the PS pump needs to be changed Its just 46k on odo and 3 yrs plus one month of ownership. Cost of pump is approx 8.5k. Can ps pump fail so soon? Is changing the pump my only option. Since the car is anyways out of warranty and am informed that i would be charged in full for this, should i look to get this done outside ASS?
My personal experience is that A.S.S will ask you to replace things for no reason at all as well. If you have an experienced outside garage do consult. With A.S.S I will not replace things unless its broken. Dont do preventive maintenance with them. 3 yrs back they told me to change 2 different bearings in the engine for pulleys of the drive belt on my Ikon. Which i refused and till date I am yet to hear the bearning noise that they referred to.
Old 2nd July 2014, 13:29   #9407
BHPian

Hi Guys, gave my Figo for the 20k service last week @ MPL vadapalani and the bill was around Rs.48XX/-(Matched what the service adviser had intimated me in advance)

Apart from the general service din't have much to complain, except for the rear right door open lever being a bit tight to open from the outside.

The service person said they will check it, but it may not be covered under warranty as I have done the central locking from after market. But to my surprise, when I went to collect the car, they said they had to change the complete lock kit present inside the door, but changed it under warranty and did not charge me for it.

A big to MPL vadapalani. The total service experience was completely satisfactory.
Old 4th July 2014, 14:01   #9408
BANNED

Hi fellow Figo owners..

My first post in team-bhp happened to be a question seeking help for my 8 months old Figo. Last week I had to drive my Bluey(that's how I had named my car) in severe rain for around 15Kms and at some instances had to wade through water of around 1ft approximately. During the last 1Km course of my drive, wife noticed water seeping in through the plastic panel in the passenger side foot-well where we have the engine-bay opening lever. I had clearly checked the beadings and the door and there are no traces of water onto them. A/C was also shut during the drive. Seems water found its way through some other area. Had someone faced such issue? I'm visiting the MPL, FASS this saturday..

Thanks in advance!

Amarkarthi.
Old 5th July 2014, 10:42   #9409
BHPian

Hello guys, I am in fourth year of ownership of Figo. Off late I am feeling bit bored with the interiors. Figos interiors were never very appealing, to start with. Is there anything anyone of you have done to spruce it up, other than just changing the seat covers?
Old 6th July 2014, 09:19   #9410
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
Hi fellow Figo owners..

My first post in team-bhp happened to be a question seeking help for my 8 months old Figo. Last week I had to drive my Bluey(that's how I had named my car) in severe rain for around 15Kms and at some instances had to wade through water of around 1ft approximately. During the last 1Km course of my drive, wife noticed water seeping in through the plastic panel in the passenger side foot-well where we have the engine-bay opening lever. I had clearly checked the beadings and the door and there are no traces of water onto them. A/C was also shut during the drive. Seems water found its way through some other area. Had someone faced such issue? I'm visiting the MPL, FASS this saturday..

Thanks in advance!

Amarkarthi.
Guys,

Got the issue fixed yesterday @ MPL, Pallikaranai. Though the SA and mech advocated the leak to be through beading, I was stubborn that I never found any water traces in the beading and it came dripping from the panel that accomodates the engine bay opening lever. Already I had a solution from a fellow owner in one of the FB group and he was kind enough to provide me a pic and the fix(I had asked him permission to post the snap in team-bhp forum and will do it once when he provides me the approval). Showed it to the SA and SM and they were kind enough and instructed the mech to do that and it provided a fix. The mech was good enough to paste tapes in all the opening cutouts in that area. Was able to check in Chennai rain's yesterday immediately after the fix and yes my baby has no more internal bleeding . Also the SA and the mech looked at another old Figo and the floor damping mat and carpets are wet in that Figo too and the owner had left it un-noticed since the carpet absorbs the water. As I had PVC flooring done in my car, I was able to notice the water as it stagnated. Seems to be a design issue with all Figos.
Old 6th July 2014, 15:46   #9411
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, my 1 year old Figo also has this ABS light indicator + beep when cranking. Is this an issue? I don't think it can be the battery since the car is just a year old
Old 6th July 2014, 22:21   #9412
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Hey guys, my 1 year old Figo also has this ABS light indicator + beep when cranking. Is this an issue? I don't think it can be the battery since the car is just a year old

Hi Tarun,

It's a normal thing I believe. Even mine has such thing happening while I crank and I had checked it with my friend's Titanium too. Though it goes off once when the engine gets into life.

Off topic - thanks Tarun since you are one of a strong influencer for me to decide on Figo with your review. I ended up choosing Kinetic blue too. Had a chance to look at your car in parking in Mahindra research valley once before I booked mine during last August. If I'm not wrong you had the Coorg wild life lovers sticker on the rear along with Team-Bhp sticker..
Amarkarthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 11:12   #9413
BANNED

Quote:
Guys,

Got the issue fixed yesterday @ MPL, Pallikaranai. Though the SA and mech advocated the leak to be through beading, I was stubborn that I never found any water traces in the beading and it came dripping from the panel that accomodates the engine bay opening lever. Already I had a solution from a fellow owner in one of the FB group and he was kind enough to provide me a pic and the fix(I had asked him permission to post the snap in team-bhp forum and will do it once when he provides me the approval). Showed it to the SA and SM and they were kind enough and instructed the mech to do that and it provided a fix. The mech was good enough to paste tapes in all the opening cutouts in that area. Was able to check in Chennai rain's yesterday immediately after the fix and yes my baby has no more internal bleeding . Also the SA and the mech looked at another old Figo and the floor damping mat and carpets are wet in that Figo too and the owner had left it un-noticed since the carpet absorbs the water. As I had PVC flooring done in my car, I was able to notice the water as it stagnated. Seems to be a design issue with all Figos.
Got permission from Mr. Vishnu Rajendran (source FB group) to post the fix photo. You can see the holes highlighted. These are the slot cuts in the body to fix the Plastic panel. In my case for extra safety all the visible slots are fixed with butter paper type 3M tape by the FASS guys.

Mods - Hope I can post pictures provided by others with their approval.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_2171.jpg  

Old 7th July 2014, 11:33   #9414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Tarun,

It's a normal thing I believe. Even mine has such thing happening while I crank and I had checked it with my friend's Titanium too. Though it goes off once when the engine gets into life.

Off topic - thanks Tarun since you are one of a strong influencer for me to decide on Figo with your review. I ended up choosing Kinetic blue too. Had a chance to look at your car in parking in Mahindra research valley once before I booked mine during last August. If I'm not wrong you had the Coorg wild life lovers sticker on the rear along with Team-Bhp sticker..
Hey Amarkarthi, thanks for pointing it out. I checked this out on another Figo too and it's normal.

I'm glad my review on the car helped you. The only thing against the Figo is its old school design, but if you like to drive, it's still up there with the Punto & the Swift.

Yup, that was my car you spotted at MRV and I do have the Coorg wildlife sticker (identity to my native land ) The blue is a nice colour, but it's got to be kept clean at all times to look nice. The Jopasu duster is a god send for this !

Get your ownership review up. I would like to see how you narrowed your choice down to the Figo.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 7th July 2014 at 11:34.
Old 7th July 2014, 12:05   #9415
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Hey Amarkarthi, thanks for pointing it out. I checked this out on another Figo too and it's normal.

I'm glad my review on the car helped you. The only thing against the Figo is its old school design, but if you like to drive, it's still up there with the Punto & the Swift.

Yup, that was my car you spotted at MRV and I do have the Coorg wildlife sticker (identity to my native land ) The blue is a nice colour, but it's got to be kept clean at all times to look nice. The Jopasu duster is a god send for this !

Get your ownership review up. I would like to see how you narrowed your choice down to the Figo.
Thanks again Tarun. I ended up buying a Jopasu too. Infact I got my 3M underbody coating from Dushi and the IND plates from Car Fashion, Perungudi - all referring your posts. Unfortunately I couldn't post my ownership review and purchase decisions instantly since my ticket to Team-Bhp got approved just this month. I'll compile one in another two weeks and post it up. Indeed my deciding factors were more inclined towards choosing a car that is a real driver's machine with true VFM and the old school design of Figo didn't bother either me or my Home minister too much.
Old 7th July 2014, 23:13   #9416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post

Apart from the general service din't have much to complain, except for the rear right door open lever being a bit tight to open from the outside.

I had the same issue, My car is parked in the open and thanks to the rains I guess some water must have gone into the lock. When I use the key to unlock the door it would get stuck and I had to use all my power to unlock the car.
Knowing that @SS will recommend a lock change I decided to try an old trick, took my trusty can of WD40 and sprayed it all over the lock and the key hole.
Now the key/lock works like brand new
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 13:57   #9417
BHPian

I have given my Figo today for 20K service. As per the service chart in the manual, the brake fluid, clutch fluid, air filter and a/c cowl filter are replaced in the 20K service. However, only the air filter is being replaced and the a/c pollen filter is being cleaned. The SA told me that the brake fluid and clutch fluid were earlier replaced in the 20K service but that has now changed to replacement in the 40K service. Is this normal or is something amiss? Please advise.
Old 8th July 2014, 17:32   #9418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
I have given my Figo today for 20K service. As per the service chart in the manual, the brake fluid, clutch fluid, air filter and a/c cowl filter are replaced in the 20K service. However, only the air filter is being replaced and the a/c pollen filter is being cleaned. The SA told me that the brake fluid and clutch fluid were earlier replaced in the 20K service but that has now changed to replacement in the 40K service. Is this normal or is something amiss? Please advise.
It's normal, I guess ford is doing this to keep maintenance costs lower. Anyway no harm.

Our car went through the same routine.
Old 8th July 2014, 17:37   #9419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
In the same way, they will also tell you parts that are not worn out, to be replaced. It most probably will happen after your warranty period as well.
Get a second opinion before you give the go ahead.

A usual part they try their luck on are the front discs. For some reason, Ford thinks, changing the disc is more sensible than changing the brake pads first.
Old 8th July 2014, 21:07   #9420
Senior - BHPian

Today a pretty young girl on a pink scooty hit me from the left 3/4 angle. I stopped immediately but the girl was alright and with a cheerful wave and "sorry uncle", she sped away. Finally I stopped to check damage and was shocked to see the bumper had torn off. The whole rear bumper needs to be replaced. With a scooty incident. Thank got it was not a Hercules cycle, car might have been a write off.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks