Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 22:34   #946
BHPian

Folks worried about radiator too close to bumper ? Please compare with the Fiesta parked next to Figo in the showroom, its the exact same cofiguration!!! I was Surprised and told myself if its the same in Fiesta then why worry about ?
Old 17th March 2010, 23:04   #947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Mustang.101
Is it true that even the Exi comes with a tachometer? can you please confirm this?
+1 to Captain the Ford site specify that Exi does not have Tachometer, Some of our members confirmed tacho in Exi model. Can you please clear this confusion, attached is a screen shot from Figo Site.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo.jpg.jpg  

Last edited by tj123 : 17th March 2010 at 23:06. Reason: typo
Old 18th March 2010, 00:00   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I also own a Ikon. So I know what you mean. The 2010 Fiesta hatch is an all new development and that's why I think it will be costing more. Figo earns considerable cost savings by using the existing platform, sharing parts bin etc. But all said, I agree that there could have been some design flare thrown across (Esp in the rear)
My Ikon 1.6L is and always will have a special place in my heart. The thing about the Ikon is at least it had some design flair, especially when they changed the front bumper, lights and grille. From the front, at least, the car looked good. The thing about the Figo is that it has no flair whatsoever. I love cars too much to buy something that seems to have no personality whatsoever.
No offence intended to people who like or have bought the Figo - I'm sure you saw things the the car that perhaps I missed. If you're happy with your car, that's all that matters.
Old 18th March 2010, 03:50   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I am not going to bang it obviously
But some guy decided to bang the test drive vehicle

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc01019.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc01021.jpg
Old 18th March 2010, 04:25   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post

Attachment 310214
Attachment 310215

the car tested thorughly on all aspects including safety.
i can see the airbags deployed.
Old 18th March 2010, 06:16   #951
BANNED

Quote:

Attachment 310214
Attachment 310215
Thanks for the picture. Now who pays the for repair?

Good thing test drive vehicle have airbag.
Old 18th March 2010, 06:47   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Thanks for the picture. Now who pays the for repair?

Good thing test drive vehicle have airbag.

Most of the time, the TD vehicles are top end models so you can expect to have airbags in them. For repair, these are usually insured by the dealers so I doubt the customer was asked to pay anything.

Looks like a major accident - cannot fault the TD guy who managed to check the safety features
Old 18th March 2010, 07:35   #953
BHPian

I find it extremely disturbing to see people ripping cars in the name of test drives especially on busy city roads and end up like the one in pic above.
Remember the case in delhi last month where a guy Tding a audi killed a family in a santro?Always safety first.Not only for you but for others on the road as well.
Old 18th March 2010, 08:13   #954

Quote:
WOW!! are you sure about this?? I have booked the Exi A tachometer with this is just great. I didn't want the Zxi thanks to the Vibrant Coral IP which I personally didn't like
The Zxi comes with an ebony black too.
Old 18th March 2010, 08:17   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post

Looks like a major accident - cannot fault the TD guy who managed to check the safety features
Lol. Someone did what I have secretly wanted to do(test the airbags).

I think the salesman would now force the Test Drivers to buy one Figo, if those guys are not already impressed.

But, it does look like serious accident, I think the passengers walked out without injury (cabin is intact).
Old 18th March 2010, 08:20   #956

[quote=Captain Slow;1787290]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
It was listed as an accessory -
27 FORD AUDIO KIT - BLUETOOTH 17500
Better to get the ZXI itself.
Or you can buy an audio system after market which has bluetooth integrated. The head-unit ranges from 8000 to 15000 for a 1-din.
Old 18th March 2010, 10:21   #957
BHPian

What I feel - FORD wanted to keep the length within 3.8 meters. ( may be the small car norm in some other countries, which I am not sure).

And the distance is not 8cm at the bottom side. It is much less than that.

Sure - We are not buying to bang on somewhere. But it can happen during use. 1or 2 times I was banged from behind, and my Palio's bumper took the impact well without any damage to the car. I cant imagine what will happen in the case of Figo, where there is no bumper present at the back.
If I hit a stone at the front, the condenser/ radiator may get damaged for sure.

BTW I have book a Colorado Red TDCi Titanum from Kairali Trivandrum and waiting delivery next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes, I am sure, My fusion mirrors are the same.

There is a reason for this, Some of this attributes to the BS4 norms because of some modifications. Although it wont cause a problem as it is still a good 8 cms away from the front bumper, Also it looks more prominent as the windows are wide open there.
Also are you going to buy a car to bang it into another. I doubt.

Your answer is right above this.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:00   #958
BANNED

Quote:
Mustang.101
Is it true that even the Exi comes with a tachometer? can you please confirm this?

Also today a friend wanted to book a figo petrol but the dealers are saying 3-4 weeks waiting! Is this just some kind of hype being cooked up by the dealers or is there really so much demand?
Yes it does come with a tacho.
I cannot comment on car deliveries as those are specific to showrooms

Quote:
But some guy decided to bang the test drive
vehicle

Attachment 310214
Attachment 310215

Really sad this, but obviously all of you can see that there has not been any structural damge to the car & yes everyone would have been able to walk out of that car without a scratch. The damage seems to be more superficial here.

Also Vid, in such an accident, had it just been a plastic beam then you would have probably seen the engine on the driver , & almost everyone dead. So this is not the case vid, hence it proves that there is a metal impact beam enclosed by that plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
And the distance is not 8cm at the bottom side. It is much less than that.

BTW I have book a Colorado Red TDCi Titanum from Kairali Trivandrum and waiting delivery next week.

Actually i measured it using my desk ruler . ALso congrats on your choice & color. I love that color.

PS- The same color used to come on a ford mustang. Sweet!

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 18th March 2010 at 12:09.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:17   #959
BHPian

Hi Mustang, is it true that in the fiesta the diesel engine has hydraulic mounts while in the figo they have rubber mounts and hence the higher vibration inside the cabin as compared to the figo?
Old 18th March 2010, 12:24   #960
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Hi Mustang, is it true that in the fiesta the diesel engine has hydraulic mounts while in the figo they have rubber mounts and hence the higher vibration inside the cabin as compared to the figo?
Actually i did not respond to this earlier also as i dont know but will find out soon.

Most Viewed