Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2015, 11:11   #10051
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
So I think it has more to do with my driving. I also had the tendency to release the clutch too quickly, and i try to release it more gradually now.
This is it..!!. Release gradually. Even i faced it initially before adopting to a different driving style. Depressing as well as releasing should be gradual for a smooth shifting.
Old 1st July 2015, 22:28   #10052
BHPian

Finally sold off my figo after a lot of deliberations. Getting the engine work done was coming to be very costly and not a wise decision, after having spent close to 50k on clutch, suspension and pulley system.
shivmarwaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 16:43   #10053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Finally sold off my figo after a lot of deliberations. Getting the engine work done was coming to be very costly and not a wise decision, after having spent close to 50k on clutch, suspension and pulley system.
how many kms had you clocked on the car?
Old 5th July 2015, 14:37   #10054
BHPian

Hey guys. Posting here after a long time.
We have a 2011, 36k km covered figo 1.2 which is used by my mom.Of late i have noticed the gear shifts have become loose and there is a lot of play while shifting . Normally in a figo the gear shifts,both up and down shifts used to have a certain hardness(sure slotting) nature.Even though now the gears engage properly without any hindrance/grinding sound, the shifts feels loose/sloppy in all gears. Once a particular gear is selected ,one can notice play if you move the gear stick with you hand.

Anyone has come across such a thing?
Will be taking the car to the service center tomorrow but would like to know what i am dealing with before those bufoons at the service center start their experiments.

regards.
Old 5th July 2015, 15:34   #10055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
We have a 2011, 36k km covered figo 1.2 which is used by my mom.Of late i have noticed the gear shifts have become loose and there is a lot of play while shifting . Normally in a figo the gear shifts,both up and down shifts used to have a certain hardness(sure slotting) nature.Even though now the gears engage properly without any hindrance/grinding sound, the shifts feels loose/sloppy in all gears. Once a particular gear is selected ,one can notice play if you move the gear stick with you hand.
There have been reports of bushes of the gear shift linkage perishing prematurely in the ownership posts. In some cases, has led to the inability to select certain gears.

In any case, what you have described points in the direction of loose-ness in the linkages/cables, and not a problem with the gearbox itself.
KiloAlpha is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 22:23   #10056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
how many kms had you clocked on the car?

The unfortunate part is that the car had clocked 90000 Kms. By all standards, this is nothing. And all this while it was serviced and repaired at ford workshop.
Old 6th July 2015, 15:12   #10057
BHPian

I just went ahead for an early 60K service of Figo 1.4 D Titanium at Metro Ford Quick lane Yeshwantpur, Bangalore.
The total came to 8695/-. I have attached the bills. Could any of you please comment if its justified
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20150704_174448621.jpgReview: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20150704_174433682.jpg
Old 6th July 2015, 15:30   #10058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveear View Post
I just went ahead for an early 60K service of Figo 1.4 D Titanium at Metro Ford Quick lane Yeshwantpur, Bangalore.
The total came to 8695/-. I have attached the bills. Could any of you please comment if its justified
This looks okay. No gypping headers in the bill.
What was the amount on the last service?

Last edited by mayankk : 6th July 2015 at 15:49.
Old 6th July 2015, 15:45   #10059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveear View Post
Depends on what all you'd have wanted to get done. I too got 60K service on Saturday. But I just opted for Happy Pocket Service and Fuel Filter change.

HPS was about 2200 and Fuel filter parts 1200 and labor 250. They have also put in some bulb change which I am sure is an additional charge because AFAIK all of them were in working condition. I saw it when I reached home. My total was 3999.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 15:54   #10060
BHPian

Hi all, posting a question on behalf of my friend. He has a 3 year old Figo top spec diesel car. The car has covered 40K+. Few days back he noticed that when the engine is running, smoke comes out of the oil dipstick tube. When he took the car to the service center they have informed him that it is normal and present in all cars. Is this correct? Have anyone with Figo noticed anything similar? What could be the issue? Appreciate any pointers. Thanks.
Old 7th July 2015, 23:34   #10061
BHPian

hey guys.
The sloppy gear shifts were solved by replacing the "gear shifter bush".The whole job took 20 min to complete and i was charged Rs 642 for the part and labor.
The gear shifts are as good as new and i am pleased with fords service but mom still doesn't feel any difference.

regards.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 11:23   #10062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
The unfortunate part is that the car had clocked 90000 Kms. By all standards, this is nothing. And all this while it was serviced and repaired at ford workshop.
Not sure at what kms you got this work done, but clutch change, suspension repairs in my view at 90000km is not abnormal for any car. In India road conditions its not surprising at all. I can't comment on pulley system. Was it bearing wearing off?
Old 10th July 2015, 12:08   #10063
BANNED

Hi fellow Figo Owners,

I have a strange issue with my Figo 1.4 TDCI that I'm noticing in the recent past. My A/C Compressor keeps tripping (meaning it cuts-off and starts every 10 seconds or so) irrespective of either the car is running or idling. Mileage in city driving has also reduced recently because of this by around a couple of kms. ODO on the car reads 13K and I'm due for my 20K service by next month. The car has never been used for even a KM without AC from day one. I doubt the thermostat to be the culprit since there is no remarkable difference in cooling performance of the AC Unit. Though I notice the water outlet not draining water continuously since the compressor goes ON and OFF like a blinker. I had scheduled my regular service at MPL for the following Friday to get this issue fixed.

Any pointers on this issue would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Amarkarthi : 10th July 2015 at 12:14.
Old 12th July 2015, 12:43   #10064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Not sure at what kms you got this work done, but clutch change, suspension repairs in my view at 90000km is not abnormal for any car. In India road conditions its not surprising at all. I can't comment on pulley system. Was it bearing wearing off?

The pulley system along with bearings were changed. It had developed some play and was leading to frequent belt snapping. Clutch suspension work is probably due to wear and tear. Engine failure despite authorised and timely services was not expected.
Old 12th July 2015, 16:12   #10065
Senior - BHPian

Hey Folks, couple of weeks back I had posted a query related to EGR. This is follow on to the same. I had given my car to A.S.S 3 wks back with complaint that my city mileage has dropped from 13-14kmpl to ~11kmpl after the 30K km service. During the service fuel filter and fuel plunger were replaced. Service center confirmed that the OBD data was showing a fault code with EGR which they were able to fix after cleaning EGR assembly. I drove the car after ECU reset for 3 wks but find that mileage has not improved and it has again dropped to same range. SHowed the car to the service center again yesterday and they confirmed that ECU data shows no fault codes with EGR and all injectors etc are within expected range. they are recommending me to do a test drive with them for 70-80km in city to chk mileage through tankful method, which the same as what i anyways do.

Any suggestions on what could be the suspect? I dont mind spending 2-3 hrs on a test drive with service center but I dont see what the value of that. They seem to be out of clues as to what could be the cause.

Most Viewed