Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2015, 00:19   #10111
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Guys, Had been to Metro Ford Quick Lane this morning for my 40K servicing and they appear to be having a crazy discount sale. Bought new seat covers for 3.3K(Usually 4.7-5k) and center console for 510 (Usually 2.5k+)

I guess they might have it for other accessories too.
mukundz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 12:00   #10112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundz View Post
Guys, Had been to Metro Ford Quick Lane this morning for my 40K servicing and they appear to be having a crazy discount sale. Bought new seat covers for 3.3K(Usually 4.7-5k) and center console for 510 (Usually 2.5k+)

I guess they might have it for other accessories too.
By center console, do you mean the plastic console with bottle holders that covers the handbrake in Titanium version? If so 510 sounds crazy cheap. Any idea if that is a dealer specific offer or all over?
Old 31st August 2015, 12:30   #10113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
By center console, do you mean the plastic console with bottle holders that covers the handbrake in Titanium version? If so 510 sounds crazy cheap. Any idea if that is a dealer specific offer or all over?
Yep, the very same! Thought I'm not sure if its dealer specific. I haven't got it yet since they told they need to place the order for the part. But should be getting it sometime this week.
Old 9th September 2015, 12:18   #10114
BHPian

Hi guys

I'm thinking of getting reverse parking sensors for my Figo. I enquired at Fortune Ford and they quoted Rs. 3500 including installation charges. It has only audio indicator and no display. He also said that they don't do installation of sensors purchased from outside.

If anyone has installed the sensors from dealer, I would like some feedback on it. Is it better to buy from dealer or would you recommend some other brand? (Car is out of warranty)
Old 9th September 2015, 12:42   #10115
BHPian

Hey guys, I plan to take the car to FASS and have them check for any replacements before warranty expires in November 2015. Any specific things I need to get changed? I feel AC is cooling somewhat less(Still much better compared to other cars )
Old 10th September 2015, 16:48   #10116
BHPian

Off late, I can see the ABS warning light coming up when I perform a cold start in my car. The warning light and sound comes for a few seconds and disappears soon after. I have not faced any issues with braking as such and the ABS kicks in whenever necessary.

Is this a serious issue or can I postpone to check this on my next service interval (which is in another 2500 kms)?
Old 10th September 2015, 17:13   #10117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Is it an armrest you are referring to? The words 'center console' normally means the dash.
Old 10th September 2015, 17:56   #10118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Hi guys

I'm thinking of getting reverse parking sensors for my Figo. I enquired at Fortune Ford and they quoted Rs. 3500 including installation charges. It has only audio indicator and no display. He also said that they don't do installation of sensors purchased from outside.

If anyone has installed the sensors from dealer, I would like some feedback on it. Is it better to buy from dealer or would you recommend some other brand? (Car is out of warranty)
3500 for reverse parking sensors is daylight robbery. Go for after market ones, had one installed on my brother's swift with display unit for just 800 bucks.

I have factory fitted parking sensors (got them installed at the time of buying as a free accessory) & have only audio feedback & they just cannot be worth 3500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Off late, I can see the ABS warning light coming up when I perform a cold start in my car. The warning light and sound comes for a few seconds and disappears soon after. I have not faced any issues with braking as such and the ABS kicks in whenever necessary.

Is this a serious issue or can I postpone to check this on my next service interval (which is in another 2500 kms)?
Just have your battery checked once, it could be the culprit, just my 2 cents.
Venkat_Figo is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 19:38   #10119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Is it an armrest you are referring to? The words 'center console' normally means the dash.
Hi Venu sir,
Mukundz had mentioned center console, by which he meant the plastic panel that extends from behind the gear shifter and surrounding the handbrake in the Titanium version. In all other versions, this portion is bare and looks kind of ugly. We are not talking about an armrest here.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 20:44   #10120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post

It might be a faulty ABS sensor. It doesn't pose a real threat, since there are independent sensors on your wheels that'll trigger ABS functioning. Since you're saying your braking seems normal, there doesn't seem to be a ABS malfunction.

I had one sensor changed, and it wasn't a big deal. The A.S.S will plug in and find the fault. Change it in probably a couple of hours.
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 21:00   #10121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
It might be a faulty ABS sensor. It doesn't pose a real threat, since there are independent sensors on your wheels that'll trigger ABS functioning. Since you're saying your braking seems normal, there doesn't seem to be a ABS malfunction.

I had one sensor changed, and it wasn't a big deal. The A.S.S will plug in and find the fault. Change it in probably a couple of hours.
If you are getting this only on a cold start and not after a long highway run, then this is likely a weak battery. Check your battery, likely that will fix this.
Old 12th September 2015, 23:12   #10122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
3500 for reverse parking sensors is daylight robbery. Go for after market ones, had one installed on my brother's swift with display unit for just 800 bucks.

I have factory fitted parking sensors (got them installed at the time of buying as a free accessory) & have only audio feedback & they just cannot be worth 3500.
Thanks. I have seen sensors for 800 bucks online but I am not sure how reliable they are. Are they good enough ?
Old 16th September 2015, 14:21   #10123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Thanks. I have seen sensors for 800 bucks online but I am not sure how reliable they are. Are they good enough ?
I had them installed on the swift in 2011, they haven't shown any signs of going kaput yet.

You might want to go to Minister Road and enquire once, these days there isn't much difference in what they are quoting & what is available online. Moreover, you get to see the product in flesh before you pay for it.
Venkat_Figo is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 14:31   #10124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
I had them installed on the swift in 2011, they haven't shown any signs of going kaput yet.

You might want to go to Minister Road and enquire once, these days there isn't much difference in what they are quoting & what is available online. Moreover, you get to see the product in flesh before you pay for it.
Thanks. Is the accuracy adequate for normal usage?
Old 16th September 2015, 15:07   #10125
Senior - BHPian

After having had the TDCI Titanium Figo for over 56 Months and 73 K, I finally sold off the Figo. I really enjoyed the suspension and the steeing set up of the car. It is a petty well engineered product but Ford Service lets is down. Both the Ford Dealers in Noida are only intent on fleecing the customer when he brings in the car for the service. Very limited availbility of the parts in the open market means very few independent garages/ mechanics work on the car. This puts the car owners at the mercy of the Ford Dealerships.

While Ford is working hard on its products like the Eco Sport, Aspire and soon to be launched new Figo will attract buyers, it is the losing the battle in terms of the ownership experience due to poor service.

I decided to retain my 7 and a half year old SX4 rather than a 4 and a half year old Figo as I have more confidence on Maruti service and the reliability of the car.

Last edited by rajneeesh : 16th September 2015 at 15:36.
rajneeesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed