Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2015, 15:26   #10126
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
While Ford is working hard on its products and the Eco Sport, Aspire and soon the Figo will attract the buyers, it is the losing the battle in terms of the ownership experience due to poor service.
This is bad news. I had the impression that after having successful products like Ecosport and Figo,the cost of ownership will be quite reasonable. But you post contradicts that !!!
Old 16th September 2015, 17:49   #10127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
It might be a faulty ABS sensor. It doesn't pose a real threat, since there are independent sensors on your wheels that'll trigger ABS functioning. Since you're saying your braking seems normal, there doesn't seem to be a ABS malfunction.

I had one sensor changed, and it wasn't a big deal. The A.S.S will plug in and find the fault. Change it in probably a couple of hours.
Thanks man. I was under the same impression as well and hence haven't taken the car to the service centre. Will check this out when I give the car for service in a month or two.
Old 16th September 2015, 18:22   #10128
Senior - BHPian

I have owned my Figo now for close to 5 years. As I have observed it, Ford's quality of service is highly variable. I haven't been able to find any specific pattern to it - I guess it depends on many things, like the workshop, phase of the moon, the mood of the Service Advisor (and his wife!), workload for the day, quality of the mechanic's lunch, the weather, etc etc.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 19:01   #10129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Thanks. Is the accuracy adequate for normal usage?
The accuracy is pretty good, the display unit shows the total distance to the obstacle in feet, I tested it by stopping close to a pillar, the display showed 0.6 feet. When I went out and checked it was actually very close to what was displayed.

The unit still performs just like it was 4 yrs ago. So no problems experienced.
Old 16th September 2015, 19:07   #10130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
The accuracy is pretty good, the display unit shows the total distance to the obstacle in feet, I tested it by stopping close to a pillar, the display showed 0.6 feet. When I went out and checked it was actually very close to what was displayed.

The unit still performs just like it was 4 yrs ago. So no problems experienced.
Great. Are there any known brand names in this range ?
Old 16th September 2015, 22:42   #10131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
I bought those struts from a local parts shop for Rs.400/- per piece. 4k for replacement is daylight robbery. Even the front shock absorber damper costs less than that- around Rs.1800/- per side(monroe make).
Finally ordered the tailgate struts (supposedly Monroe make) from spareshub for Rs 390 per piece. Received them after a couple of days from placing the order.

I also fitted them myself in 10 mins flat (hail youtube!). While doing so, I found that only one from the old pair was shot and the other seemed ok. So preserved it as a backup.

Thanks a ton for providing pointers around the pricing. That saved me a lot of heartache!

Last edited by RishikeshK : 16th September 2015 at 22:43.
Old 17th September 2015, 14:54   #10132
BHPian

Hi guys,
My first post on team bhp.
Finally feels great to be a part of this forum. I just purchased a pre worshipped Ford figo(Titanium ,2013,diesel) and I am currently enjoying its brilliant ride and handling combination.
Although the 50k km paid service cost me a bomb but still one long drive makes me forget these small things
Just wanted to know that a Ford dealer in Delhi is asking me around 11,000 for the 4th year extended warranty. I am planning to go for it. Wanted to confirm from ncr figo owners whether this price is inline with market rates.

Happy riding
Old 17th September 2015, 17:51   #10133
BHPian

Looking for replacment of battery for my Figo 1.2 Petrol. The stock battery has not failed, but is showing signs of ageing - the insturment panel lights flashing on cranking. The voltage during cranking is not going below 11.9 V. Still looking to replace it as it served 5 years without any problem. Dont want a surprise from the battery at a crucial time.

The Amaron Flo shown by BatteryBhai is having 45Ah rating as opposed to the 36Ah rating of the current FoMoCo battery. I think it is for the Figo Diesel.

Is the battery size and leads same for both Figo D and Figo P? Planning to go in for the 45Ah model if the size is same and leads similarly aligned. Help please!
Old 17th September 2015, 19:38   #10134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterf View Post
Although the 50k km paid service cost me a bomb
Do you mind sharing the details? I purchased a pre-owned Figo 6 months back and it is due for its 50k service very soon.
Old 18th September 2015, 09:34   #10135
BHPian

Quote:
Do you mind sharing the details? I purchased a pre-owned Figo 6 months back and it is due for its 50k service very soon.
Well the service centre changed both my front shocks and link rods. However I thought that they were still good to go, but they insisted and I didn't wanted to take a chance with a pre owned car. Funny thing is that I was complaining about the rear shocks , so they went ahead and changed my front shocks.

It came around to be Rs 15000. However if you go for a normal service it would cost around to be Rs 4000. No need to worry.

Cheers.
Peterf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 09:38   #10136
BHPian

Hey guys. I have a 1.2 figo exi. I wish to install a tachometer on the dash. Does anyone know how I can get the signal wire for it and from where? It's an external tach and has our wires. Ground, ignition, lights and signal. The signal wire gets connected to the distributor. Since this is a modern fuel injection car, where do I get the signal from?
Old 18th September 2015, 12:07   #10137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
Is the battery size and leads same for both Figo D and Figo P? Planning to go in for the 45Ah model if the size is same and leads similarly aligned. Help please!
If the original 36Ah battery served you well for 5 years I don't think you need to go for a bigger Ah battery. Any specific reason for that??
Theoretically you will not have any problem if it can fit in the battery bay and has similar leads.

Cheers
Old 18th September 2015, 14:23   #10138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterf View Post
If the original 36Ah battery served you well for 5 years I don't think you need to go for a bigger Ah battery. Any specific reason for that??
Theoretically you will not have any problem if it can fit in the battery bay and has similar leads.

Cheers
Batterybhai and all other websites list only the 45Ah battery even after selecting figo petrol. The 45 Ah one is not too expensive also.
Old 24th September 2015, 13:28   #10139
BHPian

Quote:
Great. Are there any known brand names in this range ?
Sorry for the delayed reply, I am not sure which brand it is. Do not have an idea about any big names as well.
Old 24th September 2015, 14:08   #10140
BHPian

Hi ,

We have a new Ford Figo which got launched yesterday which amazing specs.
The car comes with a choice of powerful yet efficient petrol and diesel engines delivering 18.16 Km/L and 25.83 Km/L respectively. Its petrol and diesel engines are optimized to deliver 88 PS and 100 PS respectively with the PowerShift automatic transmission with a 1.5L TiVCT petrol engine delivering 112 PS.
The car also offers connectivity solutions like MyFord Dock and SYNC with Ford AppLink to keep drivers conveniently connected to their digital lives. It has a wheelbase of 2,491mm, offering improved legroom, knee room and shoulder-room and a ground-clearance of 174mm.
Looking forward for a comprehensive review here on TEAMBHP.

Most Viewed