Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2016, 15:50   #10276

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hi, my 2010 model figo have a peculiar problem. When I starting the engine there is one or more chimes coming before the engine starts and it stopped after the engine starts. I'm only starting after the usual chimes stops in key position two. Anyone have any idea?
Old 19th February 2016, 16:56   #10277
BHPian

I have clocked 55000 kms on my Figo 1.4 TDCi. Off late, I hear engine growl from speeds as low as 50-60 km/hr. It is not noise and sounds sweet to ears. I am not sure what exactly it is - may be turbocharger sound? But then why was it absent till date?
Car doesn't have any issues or whatsoever.

Has anyone observed the same with his Figo?
Old 25th February 2016, 15:27   #10278
BHPian

I'm facing engine pickup problem in my Figo since the last 3 days. It doesn't appear immediately after cold start in the morning but after having driven the car for a while. It's most prominent while accelerating in 2nd gear.

I took my car to the Planet Ford workshop today and the guy doing the trial run said that he didn't experience this issue. They checked the engine fluids which were fine. They attached a laptop to check for various parameters which were fine too. They cleared the memory of some module and told me to try re-fueling from a different pump next time and check if the issue still persisted.

When I drove back, I could still experience this issue. Should I wait for the next re-fuel to re-evaluate the issue or should I show this to a local mechanic? I use HP pump opposite Marriot, Hinjewadi for diesel. I can try Shell this time. I stay in Baner, Pune and have seen the Tune up Plus car service centre in Baner being recommended by many T-BHPians. Is it worth showing it over there? I would like to add that I had travelled from Pune to Mumbai on Saturday 20th Feb. This was the day when there was the tanker oil-spill and expressway traffic was diverted to old highway at Lonavla. It had taken me 7 hours to reach Mumbai that day. I didn't notice any problem that day nor on 22nd morning while returning to Pune. I started facing this issue from 22nd evening while returning back from office.
Old 12th March 2016, 08:02   #10279
BHPian

When my car was given for service last time, the advisor told me they have reprogrammed the ECU but I am not sure if they have actually done it.

Is there a way to verify this? I found the DTE to be similar to what it was when I gave it for service.
Old 12th March 2016, 12:17   #10280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvinod View Post
Hi, my 2010 model figo have a peculiar problem. When I starting the engine there is one or more chimes coming before the engine starts and it stopped after the engine starts. I'm only starting after the usual chimes stops in key position two. Anyone have any idea?
My Figo too behaved like this. It did not cause any issue though. After I changed battery last year, the problem disappeared. May be as the battery weakens, this malfunction occurs.
Old 12th March 2016, 15:28   #10281
BHPian

So this morning, I was at a hospital and the valet driver lost my car keys! After an hour of search he suspects that he probably dropped the key in some other car, and he is hoping that person will come back and return it....

Has anybody got a duplicate key made? This is the electronic key which I think cannot be made again. Will the whole lock assembly have to be changed? Any ball-park estimates?

Thanks!
Old 12th March 2016, 15:51   #10282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
So this morning, I was at a hospital and the valet driver lost my car keys! After an hour of search he suspects that he probably dropped the key in some other car, and he is hoping that person will come back and return it....

Has anybody got a duplicate key made? This is the electronic key which I think cannot be made again. Will the whole lock assembly have to be changed? Any ball-park estimates?

Thanks!
There is a key number mentioned in your delivery note/owners manual. Quote that number to the ford service center and they will be able get you a new key with the remote.
The key will be cut by referring to the number and the remote will then be reprogrammed easily by following a simple sequence which is even mentioned in the owner's manual. This should cost around 1500rs max.

In case you want to change the entire ignition lock assembly + 1 remote+spare key then the cost was around 4500 including labor when I checked last time.
interc00led is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 15:57   #10283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post

Thanks!
Taking a duplicate would be difficult as these are laser cut keys with chip in it and needs to be programmed to work with the car.

I had changed lock set in December and it costed 5000 rupees (this is for normal key without remote lock buttons).
y448 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 14:45   #10284

Hi All,

Couple of things I wanted advise on:

My stock Figo titanium tdci (panther black) has done 8000 km in 6 months, and mileage has always been around 11.8 kmpl measuring auto cutoff to auto cutoff at time of refilling. It hasn't improved over time as suggested during the initial days and at first service. Even on long drives on the highway FE is 13ish kmpl. I only goto Shell bunks, taking advice from fellow owners, I keep the car within the correct rpm and gear ranges and my AC is in the 1 position at all times. Is there anything I can fix in the car in order to get more mileage? Any recommendations on what I should ask for at Chennai Ford ASS when I go there for my 2nd free service at 10,000 km? Should be up mostly in apr-may.

Also, while folding the rear seats for cleaning, I noticed some kind of wire and connector lying vacant underneath the seat bench. Is it possible to utilize this and add an extra usb port for the rear or maybe a reading light for the cabin? Both these things I felt are lacking and would be good to have in the car. Any suggestions or guidance for DIY appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:05   #10285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jselvan_BluOval View Post
My stock Figo titanium tdci (panther black) has done 8000 km in 6 months, and mileage has always been around 11.8 kmpl measuring auto cutoff to auto cutoff at time of refilling. It hasn't improved over time as suggested during the initial days and at first service. Even on long drives on the highway FE is 13ish kmpl. I only goto Shell bunks, taking advice from fellow owners, I keep the car within the correct rpm and gear ranges and my AC is in the 1 position at all times. Is there anything I can fix in the car in order to get more mileage? Any recommendations on what I should ask for at Chennai Ford ASS when I go there for my 2nd free service at 10,000 km? Should be up mostly in apr-may.
That is too low FE. The mileage you quoted is what my friend gets on his petrol Figo. Please check with service center immediately as there might be some problem. I constantly get 15 to 17 mileage for my 80 kms daily office run which consists of 25 kms expressway drive.

Speed of AC doesn't effect mileage in any way.

Quote:
Also, while folding the rear seats for cleaning, I noticed some kind of wire and connector lying vacant underneath the seat bench. Is it possible to utilize this and add an extra usb port for the rear or maybe a reading light for the cabin? Both these things I felt are lacking and would be good to have in the car. Any suggestions or guidance for DIY appreciated.
Now that is some new discovery. I have never seen something like that in my car. Can you please share the pics?
Old 25th March 2016, 13:31   #10286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks!
If its the titanium version it's probably is the boot lamp if it was disconnected.
I remember checking my cars bench behind and there was no wire.
Old 25th March 2016, 13:46   #10287
Senior - BHPian

I too have been getting 15 to 17 kmpl in my 2012 model of the Figo Titanium tdci which has 46000 clicks on the odo. And this is amid Hyderabad city traffic. The worst was 13.24 in a one-off incident during summer amid horrid traffic over several days. Highway FE ranges from 16.5 to 21.

If you're getting less, please have your car thoroughly checked.
Old 30th March 2016, 13:57   #10288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pananth View Post
Hi BHP'ians,

This is my first post in Team-BHP. I'm not sure if this is the thread I have to post this query. Mods, please suggest / advise on this.

I own a Ford Figo 2010 TDCI ZXI, clocked 47000 kms in the last 5.5 years. Last week, the car suddenly stopped on my way to my native and did not fire up again (for about 10 minutes). After that whenever it started (and left in idle condition), after a minute or so, the rpm falls down and engine switches off and again the car would not start..I tired to rev it high to prevent it from switching off and observed that the power is very low (max speed of 100km/hr even after full throttle) and diesel consumption was very low (Have a doubt whether diesel was injected in all the cylinders).

Checked with FASS and they inspected and suggested to change 3 Diesel injectors.Each injector costs about Rs. 17K. I then took it to my personal mechanic to find out the reason (he is currently working on it). After 2 days of observation and analysis, he says that the injectors and the sensors/wiring are alright. He thinks that there may be issues with the ECM.

Anybody had similar issues? or any suggestions from senior members?

Thank You.

- Ananth
I had to change a couple of injectors 2 yrs ago in my Figo, but my car did not switch off. The service advisor recommended the change during service, got it done under warranty.

I presume your car is not under warranty, injectors are expensive to replace. Not sure what the exact issue could be in your car, even though the wiring is fine, I believe the injectors might not be letting fuel in or could be blocked. Having them cleaned could work as well.

Service advisors recommend changing them altogether, try having them cleaned. Though I am not sure if its advisable, members with more knowledge could suggest aptly.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 17:59   #10289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
I had to change a couple of injectors 2 yrs ago in my Figo, but my car did not switch off. The service advisor recommended the change during service, got it done under warranty.

I presume your car is not under warranty, injectors are expensive to replace. Not sure what the exact issue could be in your car, even though the wiring is fine, I believe the injectors might not be letting fuel in or could be blocked. Having them cleaned could work as well.

Service advisors recommend changing them altogether, try having them cleaned. Though I am not sure if its advisable, members with more knowledge could suggest aptly.

What were the symptoms of injector failure? Are there any precautions to be taken to avoid it? I have a hunch that using the car amid thick traffic for months together, with no highway runs, could lead to carbon deposits. But I'm not sure if those are clogging up the injectors.

The manual does recommend driving at greater than 3000 rpm for at least 30 seconds once a week.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 21:51   #10290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post

Hi Venkat_Figo,

Thank You for your reply.

Problem solved now. Some relay/switch failed in the Diesel Pump leading to low fuel pressure. This means injectors were not injecting the fuel in the cylinders. When the FASS checked this with their laptops, it showed as injector failure.

My mechanic was confident that injectors would not be an issue. He checked the injectors, wiring/sensors and ECMs..finally found that Diesel pump was the issue.

Total expenses - Rs. 18000/-.

I will provide the break-up shortly. Parts cost was about 6000. Labour around 4000 (multiple checks in the Wiring/ injectors.)
Rs. 3000 or so for ECM checking - 3 times

Driven the car around 500 Km now, things look fine as of now..

- Ananth

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks