Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2018, 23:24   #10726
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Any remarks on pps Ford at domlur, Indiranagar?
Nope. Jsp happens to be in my area, Jayanagar-Bannerghatta road. Hence have been going there for service. Pps haven’t tried, so can’t comment.
Old 23rd April 2018, 23:50   #10727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
If you have never replaced the front shockers in its 70k Kms run.
Change it, the front is heavy and takes a toll on the setup.
One sure sign - does it feel less sharp in the handling and cornering?
If yes, time to change.
Doesn't feel less sharp, though I have been driving only on city roads. Haven't tested it on open roads yet. Thanks for the hints.
Old 26th April 2018, 18:06   #10728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Check for Engine Mounts, they might need a replacement.
The car is diagnosed with the dreaded injector failure. 2 injectors have failed and I have been given a quote of 32000 to replace the same. Horrendous that a critical part like that failed with only 75K Km run.

Looks like injector failures are quite common that we even have a thread here on team bhp regarding the same . Pushing for goodwill warranty. Fingers crossed.

Had to spend 1600 to tow the vehicle as well.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 26th April 2018 at 18:07.
Old 26th April 2018, 18:24   #10729
BHPian

I feel everyone affected with the injector failures should start a petition on change.org or similar platform and try to get media involved. Injector and AC coil failure along with gear shifter bush are way too prone for replacement in Figo
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 10:05   #10730
BANNED

Fellow BHPians -

Anyone with a clue on the pricing of Engine Mount Replacement for the Figo Petrol ?

Thanks for all the help !
Old 4th May 2018, 11:29   #10731
BANNED

Fellow BHPians -

Anyone with a clue on the pricing of Engine Mount Replacement for the Figo Petrol ?

Old 26th May 2018, 22:30   #10732
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4405655

This might be helpful for all first generation Figo owners.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4405673

Request moderators to merge this post with above post.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th May 2018 at 01:18. Reason: Posts merged as requested.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 18:18   #10733
BHPian

My FIGO after 8 years. It still feels like new and the thrill driving it is explainable. I hope folks out there understand what I am trying to say
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo.jpg  

sumathindra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 18:39   #10734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
My FIGO after 8 years. It still feels like new and the thrill driving it is explainable. I hope folks out there understand what I am trying to say
Wow! If it also continues to drive as well as it did when you bought it, kudos!

I have some regrets selling my Figo. Recently drove a badly maintained example, made me feel sad. This perks me up
Old 4th June 2018, 19:15   #10735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nothing beats a well maintained out of production car that looks as good as new. Being a petrol, I am sure there is no engine related issues apart from the running parts getting worn.

The Figo petrol was perfect for city driving with its good low end torque and gearing. How I wish I could afford to keep two cars, I would have happily kept mine.
Old 5th June 2018, 12:06   #10736
BHPian

Quote:
Oh my god! Can I just say how incredibly lucky you are that its been performing so well for you. 8 years and still drives like new? Testament to your driving and ownership, but the car has also withstood the test of time!

I was very very unlucky with mine and HAD to sell it a few months ago. Very unfortunate that it turned out to be a massive pain in the backside, despite me maintaining it like a baby.

Keep it going and keep posting updates in this thread!
Old 5th June 2018, 12:20   #10737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any remarks on pps Ford at domlur, Indiranagar?
I advised my daughter to take her Figo there, as she lives close by. She had to get the left ORVM fixed, which got a knock from a big vehicle. After the hit, it was not staying aligned. I told her that she might have to shell out 3500 for the entire assembly. But luckily they changed some part and charged Rs 1250 only.

She says she will also get the 70 K service done by them, as she found them good and courteous. They gave a quote of Rs 3500 for that, but the car has not crossed 68 K. So it will be done only a couple of months later.

Overall, she is happy that they are close by, and she does not have to travel all the way to Metro Ford in Lingarajapuram. She also found their attitude better.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 15:48   #10738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Fellow BHPians -

I am not sure for the petrol. But sometime around Feb-Mar had got one of my diesel engine mounts changed as there was a visible vibration when the engine was turned on compared to almost no vibration on a car with good mounts.

The part costed ~4.5 k IIRC.

Also Check out the "spare parts" tab on the top menu. You might find the price there. Have a look at the link I have posted.

http://oriparts.com/42/366/2119/737727

Quote:
Hey guys, can anyone please point me to the service manual of our Figo 1.4 Diesel?
I too am really searching for the service manual. I would love to start working on my own car too. There is another post on tbhp but the link seems to have expired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfoot View Post
Hi, everyone.

I have managed to get a full copy of the Ford Figo Service manual. Including the body part repair (Part 5: uploaded previously by kingofmyworld).
Link for DropBox (DropBox says 1hour to upload @ 12:34PM): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/91943881/FIGO.zip
I happen to have PART 5 of the service manual which is the body and paint service manual and it's about 720 pages long. I will upload a link once I figure out how to do so on tbhp.

There is also this digital workshop manual which you have to pay for.
https://www.emanualonline.com/Cars/F...ce-Manual.html
Seems to me like the real deal. But why, when you can pirate, right?
Nothing like it if the OP of the service manual link I have quoted can share a refreshed link once again with us!!

Hope I helped.
Thank you.
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 18:12   #10739
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post

I too am really searching for the service manual. I would love to start working on my own car too. There is another post on tbhp but the link seems to have expired.

I found the service manual after a lot of searching on the Figo group on Facebook. I will figure out some way to host it so peeps can download it off me.

Ofcourse, I haven't even opened it yet and looked through.

Thanks for link on the spare parts bit, it helps.

Also peeps in Bangalore - PPS Ford is absolutely fantastic. Got all my suspension components replaced (Shock assy + Tie rods). Very fuss free experience, and a service floor so clean I can eat food off it. Now that's how I would run my place!

In other news, we ran the diagnostics tool on my Figo, and found a glowplug weak message that came up. It would not clear off. Early morning start cranking has gotten a bit longer, so I think maybe the plugs are indeed weak on cold cranks. Sadly, if I leave this the way it is, the battery will get weaker because of the longer cranks (the longer cranks first scared me that the battery was on its way out - but no - the battery is good).

They were hesitant on looking to open up the glowplug...apparently, if it doesnt budge, then then entire head has to be opened up to get the glow plugs out.

What?
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2018, 18:44   #10740
BHPian

Quote:
I found the service manual after a lot of searching on the Figo group on Facebook. I will figure out some way to host it so peeps can download it off me.

Ofcourse, I haven't even opened it yet and looked through.

Thanks for link on the spare parts bit, it helps.
I will be waiting first in line for it!! Never struck me to search on facebook.
and you're most welcome Red Liner!

Quote:
They were hesitant on looking to open up the glowplug...apparently, if it doesnt budge, then then entire head has to be opened up to get the glow plugs out.

What?
Could this be cause for concern? Are the glow plugs known to fail over time?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks