Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2018, 01:19   #10741
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
In other news, we ran the diagnostics tool on my Figo, and found a glowplug weak message that came up. It would not clear off. Early morning start cranking has gotten a bit longer, so I think maybe the plugs are indeed weak on cold cranks.

They were hesitant on looking to open up the glowplug...apparently, if it doesnt budge, then then entire head has to be opened up to get the glow plugs out.
Our erstwhile Fiat Punto had to go through glow plug replacement at around 80k km, 3 out of the 4 glow plugs were found to be faulty. Even in our case one of the glow plugs was badly stuck, hence FASS had to open the head to remove the stuck glow plug. Removing head means that some gasket also needs replacement, luckily for us the whole work was done under extended warranty.

Even with 3 (out of 4) faulty glow plugs, our Punto used to start normally even in winters. My SA told me that these modern CRDI diesel engines can start easily even without the help of glow plugs. Maybe the Ford diesel engines behave differently.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 19:11   #10742
BHPian

After 5 years of ownership & much contemplation, finally decided to give the interiors a makeover. The interiors were begging for a change. Decided to go to Imperial Leather & get the seats done up.

Shivu, as indicated elesewhere on the thread, was helpful & forthcoming. I had gone their office on the 16th this month. After going through their designs & options, selected the one I wanted. He said he would need 3 days. So we had set the date 22nd when I would come with the car & get the set covers fixed. I was impressed & returned a happy customer. Now the cockpit of my car is a great place to be. I’ll let the images do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ed09e50252bd460bba9679aa4d846960.jpeg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-5a821104925c4469b46c133354474395.jpeg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dcfcfdd8df9f4cbdb0b28ee26290bdad.jpeg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ee52ba8a4f8d43d49ccd38f5e6e5ddb8.jpeg  

iamsai_iyer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 12:15   #10743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsai_iyer View Post
After 5 years of ownership & much contemplation, finally decided to give the interiors a makeover. The interiors were begging for a change. Decided to go to Imperial Leather & get the seats done up.

Shivu, as indicated elesewhere on the thread, was helpful & forthcoming. I had gone their office on the 16th this month. After going through their designs & options, selected the one I wanted. He said he would need 3 days. So we had set the date 22nd when I would come with the car & get the set covers fixed. I was impressed & returned a happy customer. Now the cockpit of my car is a great place to be. I’ll let the images do the talking.
Congrats!! You've chosen a really nice design for the seats, very understated and simple. Also the steering cover looks neat, gives it a nice meaty look!

A question I have is, when they install the seat covers, does it go over the existing fabric seat or do they strip that and replace it with this?
I'm asking because the side bolster cushioning has almost completely worn down on mine and I can feel the hard frame of the seat through the fabric and foam. If its the latter I can get the seat re-foamed as well.

Thank you!
Old 25th June 2018, 22:38   #10744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
Congrats!! You've chosen a really nice design for the seats, very understated and simple. Also the steering cover looks neat, gives it a nice meaty look!

A question I have is, when they install the seat covers, does it go over the existing fabric seat or do they strip that and replace it with this?
I'm asking because the side bolster cushioning has almost completely worn down on mine and I can feel the hard frame of the seat through the fabric and foam. If its the latter I can get the seat re-foamed as well.

Thank you!
Nope. The existing fabric covers were totally removed. The new covers are tailor made, so the existing fabric covers need to go. The new covers are then stamped over bare foam. This as close to OEM grade as possible. With the old covers the side bolstering got completely covered & flattened. But now, since these covers were stamped on, the bolstering seems much better, also the back support has improved vastly. In fact the seats are more comfortable now.
Old 26th June 2018, 11:01   #10745
BHPian

Quote:
After 5 years of ownership
Couldn't help noticing it, you have not yet removed the plastic cover from your music system :-)
Old 26th June 2018, 12:28   #10746
BHPian

Quote:
Nope. The existing fabric covers were totally removed. The new covers are tailor made, so the existing fabric covers need to go. The new covers are then stamped over bare foam. This as close to OEM grade as possible. With the old covers the side bolstering got completely covered & flattened. But now, since these covers were stamped on, the bolstering seems much better, also the back support has improved vastly. In fact the seats are more comfortable now.
Interesting!
I shall look for more info on re-upholstering. I shall get back here and pst about it if and when I do get them changed!
thank you for the info!
Old 26th June 2018, 22:55   #10747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Couldn't help noticing it, you have not yet removed the plastic cover from your music system :-)
Yeah,didn’t strike me actually. Don’t know why, for no particular reason, just chose to keep it on.
Old 27th June 2018, 11:30   #10748
BHPian

After 8 years, the interiors still looks good and smells new :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_3605.jpg  

Old 27th June 2018, 12:28   #10749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I found the service manual after a lot of searching on the Figo group on Facebook. I will figure out some way to host it so peeps can download it off me.
Hi again Red Liner,

Any update on that service manual?
I want to carry out the diesel purge procedure this weekend and having the manual will help me determine the correct way to go about it (this will be my first DIY on my car). I tried searching facebook too but all the links I managed to find led me to dead ends. If uploading the manual is a pain, would you mind please sharing the link you downloaded it from?
I can upload it on to Google Drive, and will share it here for all of us!!

A big thanks in advance for your help!!
Old 27th June 2018, 13:30   #10750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
Hi again Red Liner,

Any update on that service manual?
It was shared in one of the threads in this forum. I have downloaded it. It is not one single file, rather it is a collection of 100+ pdf files, with some indexing feature.

Here is the link to the post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4317385

Last edited by shipnil : 27th June 2018 at 13:32. Reason: Addlink link
shipnil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 14:28   #10751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
It was shared in one of the threads in this forum. I have downloaded it. It is not one single file, rather it is a collection of 100+ pdf files, with some indexing feature.

Here is the link to the post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4317385
Ah yes, finally! Don't know how I could've missed that. I guess I only kept searching the key words "SERVICE MANUAL" never tried "WORKSHOP". Awaiting the group mods on the Facebook group to accept my join request before I start browsing.

Thank you shipnil!

Hi all,
I had a query I needed you all to help me clear, does anybody know the right part number of the mudflaps/guards for the Figo 1st gen?
http://oriparts.com/42/366/2761/756755#item_14416326
boodmo has so many options with different prices and part numbers. I don't know which one is the right one for me. Also I'm not sure whether kit mudflap means all the four or whether it's just for one flap.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by aah78 : 29th June 2018 at 17:00. Reason: Posts merged & fixed.
Old 30th July 2018, 16:47   #10752
BHPian

My three cousins were looking for a new car but since most of them are new to driving and just started their working career,decided to go through the pre-worshipped car route. A ford figo 2012 Titanium (diesel) was picked up last week from a dealer which showed a mileage of 68 K KM.

We got it checked by our FNG who has been handling our Chevy optra, he assessed the car and suggested a suspension change.

Since the car has clocked lot of KMs I advised to get it checked and serviced in an authorised Ford centre atleast for the first time. The car was driven to Mody ford (Bowenpally) by my young brother. The SA called up after two days and provided us the below estimated works :

1. Shock absorbers (2) - Rs.5000/-
2. Link rod (2) - Rs.6000/-
3. Ball joint - Rs.5000/-
4. Tie rod (2)- Rs.5000/-
5. Front wheel bearing hub - Rs.3000/-
6. Wheel bearing - Rs.5000/-
7. 'C' mounting (engine mounts ?) - Rs.5500/-
8. Brake pads and discs - Rs.7000/-
9. Damper pulley - Rs.3000/-
10. Tyres - 4 - Rs.20000/-
11. Antenna - Rs.1000/-
12. Wiper blades (3) - Rs.1500/-
13. Wheel nuts (4) - Rs.400/-
14. Horn and Horn connector - Rs.3000/-
15. Steering rack assembly - Rs.14000/-
16. Drive belt - Rs.7000/-

The total amount after labour and with taxes is coming to 1.2 Lakhs. I met the SA yesterday and before that downloaded the owner's manual of the figo tdci. Drive belts/pulley need to be replaced after 1 lakh Km as per the manual but the SA says it's a different belt which needs replacement after 50 K KM.

I only wanted the suspension works done and the SA says all parts from serial 1 to 7 are inter linked and i cannot go for just the shock absorbers. I only got it serviced with engine oil change and filters.

We will be taking it to the FNG this week. Want to know from fellow owners if the above costs and the replacements are indeed needed. I feel lot of vibrations when there is no thorttle at low speeds and suspect the engine mounts the culprit. Happen to check the engine oil after coming home and see the oil is black. Called up the SA to check if the engine oil was checked or not as it's still black. SA says, for high mileage cars the oil would turn up black immediately, I ain't convinced but I might be wrong given the zero experience I have with diesel cars.

Any other pointers ? Is ford selling spares over the counter ?

Edit : The car is an absolute cracker to drive though.

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 30th July 2018 at 16:50. Reason: Added text
Old 30th July 2018, 17:19   #10753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post

Any other pointers ? Is ford selling spares over the counter ?

Edit : The car is an absolute cracker to drive though.
All the prices seem to be on higher side. Ford sells spares over the counter. You have to go to JP Auto Zone in Hyd. The address is available on Ford website.

You can take opinion of your FNG and be selective on part replacement. My car has done 90,000+. Haven't changed so many parts till now.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 05:45   #10754
BHPian

Quote:
My three cousins were looking for a new car but since most of them are new to driving and just started their working career,decided to go through the pre-worshipped car route. A ford figo 2012 Titanium (diesel) was picked up last week from a dealer which showed a mileage of 68 K KM.

We got it checked by our FNG who has been handling our Chevy optra, he assessed the car and suggested a suspension change.

Since the car has clocked lot of KMs I advised to get it checked and serviced in an authorised Ford centre atleast for the first time. The car was driven to Mody ford (Bowenpally) by my young brother. The SA called up after two days and provided us the below estimated works :

11. Antenna - Rs.1000/-

I only wanted the suspension works done and the SA says all parts from serial 1 to 7 are inter linked and i cannot go for just the shock absorbers. I only got it serviced with engine oil change and filters.
I had a similar situation with fortune Ford Tolichowki. When I took a second opinion at RTC cross roads, they replaced separately. Didn't say they are linked. Someone from this forum suggested that it need not be so.

Hope this helps.
Sri Harsha
bhappyharsha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 07:42   #10755
BHPian

Quotation looks to be on higher side and as I see there are many unnecessary addons which you yourselves can verify if it is really required to be replaced. If you are unable to decide then then get an opinion from FNG. Moreover since these are sold via counter sales through authorized distributor, you can easily source this and get it replaced through your FNG.
Quote:
11. Antenna - Rs.1000/-

I too own 2012 Figo with exactly same odo and going with my experience drive belt and damper pulley needs to replaced every 1L kms assuming if there are no cracks on the drive belt. So far I have replaced rear left wheel bearing, left suspension and front tie rod.

If you are ever in doubt of spare price just check https://www.fordservicepricepromise.com/. Atleast this should give you fair idea about the cost of spares.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 31st July 2018 at 07:46.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed